2019-20 European Ladies’ Figure Skating | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2019-20 European Ladies’ Figure Skating

DenissVFan

Medalist
Also Tallin Trophy: 4. Angelina Kuchvalska, 153,55 (her new PB is 150,86 from Minsk this year). She came directly (?) from the Volvo Cup, where she was 11th after disappointing FS and I was afraid she had stamina problems - but apparently not, in Tallin she was 4th in FS. Hope she's even better in Warsaw and gets TES for Worlds. She seems to be determined to get it what's great as she was close to giving up figure skating some time ago. Wish her the best.

According to this thread she's already achieved the TES for Worlds. I can't find the protocols right now but she had a pretty decent showing at the Universiade (especially in the FS), where she scored 157.10 points. I'm not sure whether it was there that she achieved the minimum TES, though.

DenissVFan

Medalist
Denkova-Staviski Cup:

1. Alexandra FEIGIN BUL 192.26
2. Natasha MCKAY GBR 150.83
3. Chenny PAOLUCCI ITA 145.80

LenaRadiFan

On the Ice
Alexia Paganini is in 4th after the short at Rostelecom cup with 65.12 . I would've put in third but 4th is already amazing, let's hope she can keep the momentum going for tomorrow.

Other european ladies:

Ekaterina Ryabova in 5th with 64.01

Nicole Schott in 8th with 57.29

Emmi Peltonen in 12th with 52.46

Happy for Katya, since she really shined in her short. Very sad for Emmi,,,some very unfortunate mistakes.

MMisMis

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Alexia is gorgeous! I hope in the free program it will be pure and inspired

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Ekaterina Kurakova is second in Warsaw with 66.08! She was so happy in the K+C too, lovely to see :biggrin:

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Alexia is gorgeous! I hope in the free program it will be pure and inspired

I liked how the announcer said she has a birthday today several times!
And right after she finished her program. The hint was: give her the marks, it's her birthday :laugh:
btw, happy birthday to Alexia!

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Emmi has had some kind of leg injury and that's why she started her season not until last week.

LenaRadiFan

On the Ice
I feel like once again, we witness that the top european ladies are not hard free skate scorers. I am crossing my finger that we will get some improved and harder layouts when europeans rolls around(Alexia I'm looking at you with your quad training)

DenissVFan

Medalist
Ekaterina won the Warsaw Cup with 201.47 points, a SB.

She was great. :yahoo:

I'm so happy that she's managed to switch to Poland and get citizenship (as a Polish person myself, doubly so). She was buried in Russia. Imagine if such a fantastic performer and a budding fan favourite was never to compete at an ISU championship. Now she has all the time in the world to develop. Over the next years we'll hopefully see her at many international competitions. Here's to many memorable programmes and performances in the future!

SkateSkates

Medalist
I have to ask: why is Victoria Safonova getting so hideously underscored??? I don’t understand.

While I do agree that she wasn’t given the benefit of the doubt on her jump rotations that some other skaters at this event were, I think a big problem is her programs this season. IMO they do not show off her strengths - she needs programs that highlight her elegance and long lines.

Manitou

Medalist
I'm so happy that she's managed to switch to Poland and get citizenship (as a Polish person myself, doubly so). She was buried in Russia. Imagine if such a fantastic performer and a budding fan favourite was never to compete at an ISU championship. Now she has all the time in the world to develop. Over the next years we'll hopefully see her at many international competitions. Here's to many memorable programmes and performances in the future!

I really hope it's going to be a trend for more Russian juniors. In this present explosion of Russian talents, plus the rigid, stiff and completely out-of-date ISU competition system, 80% of those talented skaters will never have a chance to be even noticed outside of their own rinks. Radionova, Sotskova, Konstantinova, Sakhanovich, now Tuktamysheva and soon Medvedeva, are all victims of those ridiculous ISU constraints. If they were given a chance to compete for other countries they would still have energy and will to excel. Otherwise they know there is no point to keep pushing and they all get lost in this Russian teenage madness.