2019-20 European Ladies’ Figure Skating | Golden Skate

2019-20 European Ladies’ Figure Skating

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Who will rise to the top amongst the non-Russian ladies in Europe?

The Players:

Loena Hendrickx
Emmi Peltonen
Viveca Lindfors
Alexia Paganini
Victoria Safonova
Mae Berenice Meite
Laurine Lecavelier
Anna Kuzmenko
Marina Piredda
Ivett Toth
Ekaterina Kurakova
Nicole Schott
Anastasia Shabotova
Alessia Tornaghi
Ekaterina Ryabova

Whew! So many great ladies! Who is your favorite? Did I leave anyone out? Let’s get discussing for the 2019/20 season!!��

Last edited by a moderator:

Nirti

Medalist
Crossing fingers for Loena Hendrickx to fully recover for her 2 GP and doing well the whole season :love:

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Whew! So many great ladies! Who is your favorite? Did I leave anyone out? Let’s get discussing for the 2019/20 season!!��

I would add Alina Urushadze, Eliška Březinová and Alexandra Feigin to the list! :)

(this list is going to be long!)

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Eva Lotta Kiibus is also one to watch :biggrin:

Who will rise to the top amongst the non-Russian ladies in Europe?

The Players:

to answer to your question: nobody can challenge the russians in the next future, someone can sneak on the podium when some of them falter, like Viveca Lindofrs did at last Euros. that said, i love many of them but this season my favourite i think is going to be Vika Safonova. Vika deserves more love, the gods know she didn't get any from Rusfed (before someone gets upset i'm joking about Rusfed:biggrin:)

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Safonova can't participate at the Euros of this season. Still, i think she's a one to follow and with great chances to be near the podium in the future. She's so tall that her growth may be already stabilized by now.

About this season i'm expecting the better results from Viveca.
I hope Loena can recover and be there with her, if not above. Without Caro, right now she's my favorite non-russian european.
Kurakova may be at Paganini's actual level. She can rival japanese and korean's girls on JGP, maybe even catch a bronze, if something happen.
Between the italian girls i rather say Beccari. The last season she missed her first chance to catch the national senior title but she's still the most talented one. Sadly, this season Italy have only one spot at the Euros, Piredda and Tornaghi will certainly fight for it.

SkateSkates

Medalist
Safonova can't participate at the Euros of this season. Still, i think she's a one to follow and with great chances to be near the podium in the future. She's so tall that her growth may be already stabilized by now.

About this season i'm expecting the better results from Viveca.
I hope Loena can recover and be there with her, if not above. Without Caro, right now she's my favorite non-russian european.
Kurakova may be at Paganini's actual level. She can rival japanese and korean's girls on JGP, maybe even catch a bronze, if something happen.
Between the italian girls i rather say Beccari. The last season she missed her first chance to catch the national senior title but she's still the most talented one. Sadly, this season Italy have only one spot at the Euros, Piredda and Tornaghi will certainly fight for it.

Why can’t Safonova do Euros this year? I thought her last international was in November, so shouldn’t she be able to skate for Belarus in any events 1 calendar year after her last competition for Russia?

If my calculations are correct, she should be able to do Golden Spin and earn the minimums for Euros.

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
I'd add Anastasia Arkhipova from Ukraine! She's senior age eligible this year, so hopefully she'll snag that Euros spot.

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Why can’t Safonova do Euros this year? I thought her last international was in November, so shouldn’t she be able to skate for Belarus in any events 1 calendar year after her last competition for Russia?

If my calculations are correct, she should be able to do Golden Spin and earn the minimums for Euros.
The news about her change has come from a minor participation to a competition at Minsk.
I still don't have see nothing about her be officially released by the RusFed, so i was assuming that this season may go undone internationally, like what happen to Kurakova on the past season. Even if the rule is about one year, these kind of switch can actually take more time. If you think about it, as she has already represented Russia on an international competition, the change has come up like it wasn't programmed before.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
It's the ISU that has a rule about not being able to compete for 1 season.

Federations have their own rules about how long athletes must wait for a release.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
The news about her change has come from a minor participation to a competition at Minsk.
I still don't have see nothing about her be officially released by the RusFed, so i was assuming that this season may go undone internationally, like what happen to Kurakova on the past season. Even if the rule is about one year, these kind of switch can actually take more time. If you think about it, as she has already represented Russia on an international competition, the change has come up like it wasn't programmed before.

Her official fskate.ru bio says Belarus, so hopefully she's been released :pray:

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Has there been any new news on Loena Hendrickx? I hope she’s recovered from her injury!

Also, good luck to Alexandra Feigin at the jgp this week!!!!

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
Anyone know if Lea Johanna Dastich of Germany has retired? I thought for certain we'd see her back in competition this season.

DenissVFan

Medalist
Has there been any new news on Loena Hendrickx? I hope she’s recovered from her injury!

Also, good luck to Alexandra Feigin at the jgp this week!!!!

A couple of days ago Loena posted on IG about about wanting to be back on the ice soon. She was at the gym so at least she was able to train off the ice.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
A couple of days ago Loena posted on IG about about wanting to be back on the ice soon. She was at the gym so at least she was able to train off the ice.

Great! Loena has the most potential of the non Russian European ladies to get above 70 in the sp and about 200 for a total score. I want her to get better soon and have an impressive season.

VenusHalley

Final Flight
Well she was posting some videos of doing spins and spirals during the summer... is there some news she is injured? Or maybe it's just she is not able to be at her rink?

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Well she was posting some videos of doing spins and spirals during the summer... is there some news she is injured? Or maybe it's just she is not able to be at her rink?
She had a training injury and hasn't been on the ice in a while.

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
Has Anna Kuzmenko appeared on any more JGP entry lists, or is it possible that she could get the GP France host spot?