Jason Brown leaks a bit of "Schindler's List" | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown leaks a bit of "Schindler's List"

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Wonderful choreo for the long this time. Jason needs something to counterbalance his innate style of optimistic skating and make the judges see him in a new light, and this does it superbly.

First thing I notice and maybe it's just the camera work is the emphasis on speed through the program. He's been a bit knocked in Skating Skills for his average speed in the past but the clips here have him move through the space with tons of speed, and they're indeed working in lots of difficult or unexpected entries into all of his jumps, capitalizing on his ability to get +4s and +5s on the triples.

I'm already moved by the spare few clips I've seen, so I can't wait to view the program in its entirety. Of course, I would love to see that dreaded quad salchow (or maybe a toe), but I'm willing to sacrifice that for a clean, emotional performance.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Oh my goodness, yassss! :love: We’d better be seeing this in Montreal in a few months! Fingers crossed.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
As usual Jason looks amazing and the quality of his skating is first rate. But people get a grip, lol, we saw I think a double axel and just a few seconds. No matter how beautiful the skating (and we saw just a snippet) heis going to need the big tricks. Let's not get carried away - yet.

At this point, I don't think it's the results and medals and wins that we're getting excited for so much as the potential for this program to blow everyone away and create a memorable, maybe even signature, program from an aesthetic, emotional standpoint (though Riverdance will be tough to beat!).

I've kinda accepted at this point that Jason is unlikely to bring the technical firepower to threaten for a World medal, but it's not always about accolades. He's still at the top of the field (if not the top of the field) artistically speaking, and programs/choreography like this exemplify that.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
At this point, I don't think it's the results and medals and wins that we're getting excited for so much as the potential for this program to blow everyone away and create a memorable, maybe even signature, program from an aesthetic, emotional standpoint (though Riverdance will be tough to beat!).

I've kinda accepted at this point that Jason is unlikely to bring the technical firepower to threaten for a World medal, but it's not always about accolades. He's still at the top of the field (if not the top of the field) artistically speaking, and programs/choreography like this exemplify that.

That guy on my profile pic taught me this philosophy above. (although you used that "T" word for jumps... :hopelessness:) Even without any major title, or with just one GP medal throughout his active career, he left a significant mark in this sports, and in the heart of his fans worldwide. Now I apply it to Jason as well. There is something that means more than a piece of medal, or numbers. Having said that though, I am fervently hoping against hope that he will end up coming to Torino somehow this December... never say never, it already happened in not so distant 2017 :biggrin::cheer:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
MGstyle, yes Misha Ge had, and still has style!! He and Jason are each unique. I love them both.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Already this looks breathtakingly beautiful. Joshua's program has stood alone as the best competitive program to this music, but this looks like it will be more than worthy to stand by its side.

I hope they keep the costume simple and quiet. Jason doesn't need gimmicks. His skating will tell the story.