Russia's Petr Gumennik sets goals for 2019-20 | Golden Skate

Russia's Petr Gumennik sets goals for 2019-20

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Russia's Petr Gumennik turned heads in this past season when he won his two Junior Grand Prix events and then took silver in the Final. However, at his debut at the ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships last March, the then 16-year-old from St. Petersburg did not skate his best in the long program and placed tenth. Nevertheless, the young skater has learned some important lessons and is now eager to start the season at his first Junior Grand Prix event in Chelyabinsk, Russia.

More...

The coach describes Gumennik’s character as very diverse.

“He is now changing from a boy to a young man and therefore different character traits are coming up,” she pointed out. “He apparently is now testing himself and feels stronger and tries to be independent. He can be open, but he can also not talk. He can be hard-working and he can be terribly lazy. He is a smart boy, this is not his character, but a natural gift. Sometimes he behaves well towards the coach and sometimes not so well. He is a youth, that is his whole character.”

:biggrin: Does any skater really behave all the time?

What an interesting and insightful interview. Brava Tatiana Flade and Golden Skate.

Both the skater and the coach seem so well grounded, acknowledging growing pains within overall confidence and optimism. Go Petr!

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
From Tamara Moskvina's club.

Both him and Kutovoi are the two most interesting russian boys competing in juniors in my opinion.

This season i like his free program: it's Phantom of the Opera so not a new piece, but the program is well constructed and the music cuts are better than Zagitova's SP last season.

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Both him and Kutovoi are the two most interesting russian boys competing in juniors in my opinion.

I agree [emoji1373] they are all interesting especially some others like Artur and Ilya but Petr and Andrey definitely have their unique style. That’s the reason I became such a big fan of Petr. His coaching team works at a good pace with jumps and gives each skater programs very suitable for their style

Artemisa

Final Flight
From Tamara Moskvina's club.

This season i like his free program: it's Phantom of the Opera so not a new piece, but the program is well constructed and the music cuts are better than Zagitova's SP last season.

well... better cuts in music than aliona it's not difficult