Predicting the new music cliches | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Predicting the new music cliches

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
ice dancers got a thing for Bonnie and Clyde:disapp:
That got a big boost this year because it fits the RD pattern (both of them, in fact).

I think, given that the characters are so fun to play, that might stick around as a free dance/pairs staple in future seasons, now that more people know the musical exists.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
People not liking Queen make me sad : (
There are tons of great Queen songs to skate to. I would personally like to see a programme to "You and I", may be from a pair. Other than that "You take my breath away", preferably an ice dance team :)

I myself am still waiting for 'you've got mud on your face, you big disgrace'. With lyrics. I would root for any pair performing to that because it would be very, very difficult. But some pairs could pull it off, I'm sure!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
On another note: I'm still hoping for something from Doctor Who to become a warhorse...like the long dark Dalek night or one of those lovely poignant melodies representing one of the companions (Clara has some really nice themes with various beats and tempos too for example).

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well I'm watching my first Junior Dance competition of the season, and apparently the WarHorse Broadway/Musical Winner appears to be...

Singin' in the Rain.

Three interesting tidbits...

Tempos are being slowed slightly if I'm not mistaken. Tsk tsk tsk.

Singin' in the Rain did not appear on Broadway until decades after the movie. Directed and choreographed by Twyla Tharp, but it was not a particularly well-received show.

And fun fact about the actual movie...Gene Kelly's famous title number? Those taps were dubbed by...Gwen Verdon!

Well at least it's not PoTO. But I still blow a big Bronx cheer to coaches and choreographers who have all the imagination and daring of lawn furniture...lawn furniture left out in the winter. :disagree:

Ducky

On the Ice
On another note: I'm still hoping for something from Doctor Who to become a warhorse...like the long dark Dalek night or one of those lovely poignant melodies representing one of the companions (Clara has some really nice themes with various beats and tempos too for example).

Go wild and portray the TARDIS.