Who's excited for Europeans? | Golden Skate

Who's excited for Europeans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
We've still got to wait 21 weeks until Europeans but I'm already sooooo excited! Who else is as excited as meeee?
I hope Evgenia Medvedeva gets enough training if she's doing it this year, because she's doing a show and I'm a bit worried she won't have enough time to train for Europeans [emoji51] is anyone else slightly concerned about her?
My friend Aleksandra Golovkina is hoping to compete at Europeans again this year if she gets enough points, so I'm rooting for her! Alex is just starting to compete internationally again after nearly two years off so please give her your support!
I don't want to make any predictions about who's going to place where because whatever I say, it always turns out to be the opposite [emoji23]
What do you guys think about who will and won't qualify for Europeans and what place they'll come?

Rosallie

On the Ice
Well it's gonna be such a battle in the russian field for the Europeans and Worlds, especially in ladies and pairs! ... Anyway, of course I'm looking for the Europeans - as much as for Grand Prix and Worlds :biggrin:

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
Well it's gonna be such a battle in the russian field for the Europeans and Worlds, especially in ladies and pairs! ... Anyway, of course I'm looking for the Europeans - as much as for Grand Prix and Worlds [emoji3]
I know! The competition is getting much tougher, especially between the Russians!
Yup, I think we're all looking forward to all the 2020 competitions [emoji4]

Clairecz

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
I'm soooo excited. Europeans is my by far favourite competition. I'm already planning a trip to Graz while simultaneously hoping my thesis defence won't be in the same week as Europeans :pray:
I love so many European skaters (like really, two years ago I even didn't know that Yuzuru Hanyu or Nathan Chen existed, that's how European-centric I am :biggrin: )
I hope I'll see Evgenia there and also that Matteo will become the new European king. And I'd love to see as many Spanish skaters as possible to qualify for EC. (And yes, Sk8kirsty, I'm also a bit concerned about Zhenya's schedule. I sort of crossed out any hope for her to appear at ROI only to find out about this show? Imo the timing is even worse... but let's see.)
The event I'm most excited about is ice dance. Gabriela & Guillaume :love:, Russian dancers (I love all of them), Marie-Jade & Romain, Sara & Kirill (I hope they clearly win over Smart & Diaz), Charlene & Marco ... Justyna & Jeremie ... I'd need a really big podium for all of them ;)

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
I'm soooo excited. Europeans is my by far favourite competition. I'm already planning a trip to Graz while simultaneously hoping my thesis defence won't be in the same week as Europeans :pray:
I love so many European skaters (like really, two years ago I even didn't know that Yuzuru Hanyu or Nathan Chen existed, that's how European-centric I am [emoji3] )
I hope I'll see Evgenia there and also that Matteo will become the new European king. And I'd love to see as many Spanish skaters as possible to qualify for EC. (And yes, Sk8kirsty, I'm also a bit concerned about Zhenya's schedule. I sort of crossed out any hope for her to appear at ROI only to find out about this show? Imo the timing is even worse... but let's see.)
The event I'm most excited about is ice dance. Gabriela & Guillaume :love:, Russian dancers (I love all of them), Marie-Jade & Romain, Sara & Kirill (I hope they clearly win over Smart & Diaz), Charlene & Marco ... Justyna & Jeremie ... I'd need a really big podium for all of them ;)
Yass!! Europeans are my favourite too! I wish I could go to Graz but no one will take meee [emoji24]
I LOVE European skaters too! : )
Yeah, I hope Zhenya will be competing there! But I'm not sure how much practice she'll be able to squeeze in [emoji51]
Yes! Matteo is amazing!
I don't really know of many Spanish skaters, I know of some Spanish pairs but not many singles [emoji51][emoji633] I'll have to look into some! : )
I do love ice dance! But I think the one I'm most looking forward to is ladies figure skating [emoji4] I think I slightly prefer singles to pairs (as I am a solo skater) but I love watching pairs too!
Yup, I think they'll need a bigger podium for for all the people I want to place too! [emoji13]
[emoji119]

mrrice

Record Breaker
I think we all are, or at least we should be. So much excitement in every category. Will one of the Russian Diva's come out on top, or will we see an upset from another country. Dance is always a big thrill at Europeans.

ragdoll

On the Ice
I am always excited for Euros and this year the results will surely be very hard to predict except maybe in ice dance presuming Papadakis/Cizeron are there.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I am very excited, because I'm going to be there! First trip to Europe, first skating competition as its centrepiece. Cannot wait to see P/C and J/C compete in person. :love: And Laurine and Mae, and Viveca Lindfors and Loena Hendrickx...

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
I think we all are, or at least we should be. So much excitement in every category. Will one of the Russian Diva's come out on top, or will we see an upset from another country. Dance is always a big thrill at Europeans.
[emoji16][emoji119] I know! I can't predict anything but I'm so excited!

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
I am very excited, because I'm going to be there! First trip to Europe, first skating competition as its centrepiece. Cannot wait to see P/C and J/C compete in person. :love: And Laurine and Mae, and Viveca Lindfors and Loena Hendrickx...
Ooohh that sounds good! What country are you from? (You don't have to tell me if its private) Have a good time at Europeans! I'm sure it'll be great, I've always wanted to go : )

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Ooohh that sounds good! What country are you from? (You don't have to tell me if its private) Have a good time at Europeans! I'm sure it'll be great, I've always wanted to go : )

I'm from Australia, so it's quite a way to travel! I'm making the most of it with a month-long trip. :)

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
I'm from Australia, so it's quite a way to travel! I'm making the most of it with a month-long trip. :)
Oh wow! I love Australia! I'm from Lithuania originally but I live in England : ) sounds really nice! Enjoy [emoji4][emoji119][emoji960]

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Europeans will be Russian Nationals part 2.

LOL We'll not really. Men ho hum. Dance ho hum. Pairs a lot of good teams but not great and in ladies you will only have 3 out say 7. Does anyone know why Evgenia is doing so many shows? I guess she has to pay to live in Canada???

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
LOL We'll not really. Men ho hum. Dance ho hum. Pairs a lot of good teams but not great and in ladies you will only have 3 out say 7. Does anyone know why Evgenia is doing so many shows? I guess she has to pay to live in Canada???
Hehe, I wasn’t being serious with that comment :)

Of course I expect Morgan/Vanessa, Gabby/Gui, Matteo all to make the podium to the very least :)

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I'm nearly always excited for Europeans, and this season will be no exception. There's going to be a brand new champion in the men's (although I'll miss Javi), and there are quite a few interesting candidates. I hope the pairs field will be bigger than last season, and I hope Vanessa/Morgan, Nicole/Matteo, Alexandra/Dimitrii, Evghenia/Vladimir, Miriam/Severim, and Minerva/Nolan all skate well (they can't all get medals obviously), while I sincerely hope there will be a Dutch pair taking part this time as well and that Zoe/Christopher will be able to do a good job. Surprise couples are also welcomed! In ladies I am sincerely hoping for Loena to do well again, while in ice dance I hope Gaby/Guillaume can set that record in number of consecutive European Crowns!

Status
Not open for further replies.