Who's excited for Europeans? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Who's excited for Europeans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
Omg, when I first made this thread it seemed as though Europeans were AGES a way but now they are right around the corner!! [emoji16]

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Not sure how the time zone will go for me, but I'm hoping to see T/M there and skating at their best. Go guys!

Also I wonder how the two Spanish dance teams will do? I'm also excited to see Charlene/Marco :)

Mens and Ladies will also be seriously OTT! I can't even imagine what will go down!

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
If Euros is half as exciting as the GPF then I’ll be happy! 4CC is pretty underwhelming in comparison.

My hope is F/G can improve on their personal best of 195.35 to maybe... 197 or 198?

pesto

On the Ice
I'm hoping most of all for strong comebacks for those who have been absent or underwhelming in the first half of the season. I want Aymoz to continue his great form, but to face a real challenge from Rizzo, the top Russian men, etc.

In dance, I think that there have been plenty of Europeans performing strongly, and long may it continue.

Pairs and ladies, I just feel for all the Russians who are worthy of spots, but are surplus to the 3-per-country rule. It must be really tough.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's hard for me to be excited about Euros because it coincides completely with US Nationals. The entire time Euros is unfolding, I will be sitting in the stands in Greensboro watching the drama there. :yahoo:

Nirti

Medalist
Europeans are always the highlight of the season for me :yahoo:
Can't wait to see the Ladies SP. And first to know the detailed schedule :scratch2:

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Of course I am!! Especially to see who is going to be the successor of Javi in the Mens dept. Kevin is in a great position to claim the spot, if he manages to stay focused and deliver the goods. I also pray to dear god that Dima will be there and redeem himself from the tragic GPF!!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Omg, when I first made this thread it seemed as though Europeans were AGES a way but now they are right around the corner!! [emoji16]

Yep and it might be a sharp corner too. Intrigue with who will represent Russia and w ill James and Cipres be there and how will they skate with all these issues.

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
So I posted this thread right back in August saying how excited I was for Euros... now they are practically about to start and I can't even explain how excited I am!!!! [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16] Yesterday I said bye to Alika who has just headed off to Graz ready to compete and she is so excited!!
I'm feeling nervous but so excited to find out what will happen
I must say, my love for Trusova is kinda over ruling everything else right now so I'm secretly praying that she will win 🤞 However, I can't predict, I'm just hoping for the best for all the skaters and what will be will be

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
So I posted this thread right back in August saying how excited I was for Euros... now they are practically about to start and I can't even explain how excited I am!!!! [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16] Yesterday I said bye to Alika who has just headed off to Graz ready to compete and she is so excited!!
I'm feeling nervous but so excited to find out what will happen
I must say, my love for Trusova is kinda over ruling everything else right now so I'm secretly praying that she will win �� However, I can't predict, I'm just hoping for the best for all the skaters and what will be will be

I'm also very excited, and I just read my post again which I wrote quite soon after you started this thread sk8kirsty. In the meantime there have been some changes, like J/C not being there (for reasons I won't go into here), dM/G still recovering from injury (at least they were at their last GP), and on a more positive note that T/M are on the rise again, B/K having great programmes, and - but that's just my own excitement - there really is going to be a Dutch pair (for the first time since 1996). I am really excited about this last, even if they turn out to be last. I'm also excited that there are 19 pairs - almost twice as many as last year, as it is my favourite discipline. Really good to see the discipline is in positive development.

I'm less focused on the ladies, but sad that Loena won't be there, nor will Viveca. But, it is interesting that Nicole has had a good season so far. Who knows, she might be top 5. And Kurakova was a lovely surprise at Warsaw Cup. The top 3 is a given (unless anything strange happens) but of course the order is yet to be decided.

The men's discipline is also going to be exciting. Will Kevin be the new EC or will one of the Russian guys step up? That would be a big surprise, but it's totally possible. And how about Matteo, will he overcome his troubles? Or our Georgian friend who can be sublime sometimes...Yes, I'll be missing Javi, but it's also lovely to have a new Champion coming in.

And Dance? Big P/C fan that I am, and particularly their RD this year, I hope they will get that 6th European title. It's really exceptional in Dance to attain so many titles. I'm sure there'll be a Russian Pair on the podium (maybe two) but which? S/K are the better couple (I think) but can have some duds, while S/B tend to be pretty consistent. While of course I'm looking forward to 'Ground Control', by G/F who definitely also are in the mix.

Yes, exciting indeed!

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Gabriella and Guillaume, Lilah and Lewis, Kevin*, Cleo and Denys, Ivett, Nicole, Jenni, and soooooooo many others I'm looking forward to seeing...cannot wait.

*Even if I end up skipping most of the men's events I will catch up with Kevin's programs by hook or by crook.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
My bad. I forgot to mention Lilah and Lewis. The disco Brits are such fun! And....exciting.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
To be honest the only unpredictable category is men. Kevin Aymoz can win but he is as much unreliable as the Russians so this is still a big question to solve, the answer is him, some of the Russians or Matteo Rizzo.

Ladies, a metheor would have to fall down to preven one of the 3A to win.

Pairs. With James/Cipres out, it could be the russian sweep easily, only with some troubles there could be Nicolle Della Monica/Matteo Guarise on the bronze position.

Dance. Well, Papadakis/Cizeron don't need to bother to travel anywhere, they have the gold medal already. Ice dance is boring.

Fia

Spectator
I'm sooo excited for K/R's first major senior event! I'm intrigued to see where they end up

icetug

Medalist
I am very excited, because I'm going to be there! First trip to Europe, first skating competition as its centrepiece. Cannot wait to see P/C and J/C compete in person. :love: And Laurine and Mae, and Viveca Lindfors and Loena Hendrickx...

It's incredible how inpredictible the field is. Only one third of your favourites are going to compete...

Europeans will be Russian Nationals part 2.

Hope not. Especially expect the men division gets some help from other European skaters ;)

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It's incredible how inpredictible the field is. Only one third of your favourites are going to compete...

Well, that isn't the full list of my favourites, so in fact it's much more than one third!

Status
Not open for further replies.