Who's excited for Europeans? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Who's excited for Europeans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the solution is for the ISU to to declare Russia to be a be an Asian country. That way the Europeans can have their championships without being steamrolled by the Russian ladies Juggernaut, while the Russian Wonder Women could save the prestige of poor neglected Four Continents. :yes:

Snorlax

Rinkside
Country
United-Kingdom
I'm very excited as well, although I wonder how Trusova will do. All these quads will be a challenge and I'm not sure at this point if we need all these quads if they don't execute them properly. I'd rather watch a clean and elegant program than a trial-and-error-quad program.

Not trying to underappreciate the gigantic effort that flows into being able to perform quads btw! It's an amazing and huge achievement, I just hope that she nails it with grace! :)

Artemisa

Final Flight
Ladies ... 3A will be in the podium ... who will be the first ... is a open field
Men... who knows ... the one who lands all the jumps... the big mystery can at least one russian men's don't pop
Pairs ... Russian podium ... but who will the first ( my favourite competition )
Ice dance ... to be honest who cares ... the french will win with a big score that no one will understand... I'm want the italian team to be on the podium ... I really like them ..

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Point taken with regard to the 'smaller countries'. I was just thinking about my own country actually, which is huge in terms of speed Skating but small if you look at my favourite sport. Loads of ice rinks...but mostly of the long track kind and the others reserved for short track and, can you believe it, ice hockey.

And, yeah, Donovan :love: is also a favourite of mine! But, so are Kevin Amoz, Matteo Rizzo and Dmitri Aliev (my preferred podium at Europeans). And Brezina, Kokura, Danielan, Grassl, many more as well including Thomas Kennes from my own country (and I hope he reaches the Long!).

But pairs are my real thing, and I think all 19 of them are my favourites...I wish to see them all. :luv17:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I think the solution is for the ISU to to declare Russia to be a be an Asian country. That way the Europeans can have their championships without being steamrolled by the Russian ladies Juggernaut, while the Russian Wonder Women could save the prestige of poor neglected Four Continents. :yes:

Hahaha! Or, as a concession to all those people who don't like the maximum of 3 per country rule, Russia could be split in two and be able to compete in both 4CC and Euros, under the condition that they send different skaters to each.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This week is going to be a challenge to keep up with Euros being a 4 day thing and then overlapping with the start of Senior US Nats. Looking forward to both and then hopefully we'll know who is going to Worlds!

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Meeeeee!!!!!!!! Can’t wait to see the Georgian ice dance team skate to In The End, can’t wait to see if Stepanova/Bukin beat Sinitsina/Katsalapov, can’t wait to see which non-Russian ladies skater gets 4th place (I hope it’s Safonova or Tornaghi!)

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
excited? more like on the verge of a mental breakdown :laugh: i'm an italian mama with too many skating children. jokes aside i'm very excited for tomorrow, i'm looking forward to see P. J. Hallam, my too many babies, wich one between Matteo and Daniel could place higher, if we can keep our 3 spots in men and get an extra one in ladies, if Della Monica/Guarise have recovered, if Tarasova/Morozov can take back their title of Russian N. one and last but not least of judges will score fairly Viktoria Safonova.

Merjan

On the Ice
Good luck Yuka and Juho ( Finland) in ice dance. I'm sad that Viveca is still injured.
Looking forward to seeing the amazing Gabriella and Guillaume. And I hope Matteo will be on the podium.
In the ladies, I hope Kostornaia skates clean and wins.

McBibus

On the Ice
excited? more like on the verge of a mental breakdown :laugh: i'm an italian mama with too many skating children. jokes aside i'm very excited for tomorrow, i'm looking forward to see P. J. Hallam, my too many babies, wich one between Matteo and Daniel could place higher, if we can keep our 3 spots in men and get an extra one in ladies, if Della Monica/Guarise have recovered, if Tarasova/Morozov can take back their title of Russian N. one and last but not least of judges will score fairly Viktoria Safonova.

Ciao Elektra :)

I'm as well looking forward to the italian duel between Daniel and Matteo.
They are very leveled and it could be interesting

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
My friend Aleksandra Golovkina is hoping to compete at Europeans again this year if she gets enough points, so I'm rooting for her! Alex is just starting to compete internationally again after nearly two years off so please give her your support!
really happy she's back! good luck to her/

Not that I want our skaters to fail but I want diversity on podiums & Euro skaters to be motivated so I decited to root for non Russians a bit more this time :laugh:
Anyway everyone, lets skate clean!:laugh:

Ofc my usual favs SK, BK, & TM & Dima please deliver:agree:
& good luck to ex Russian gals esp Katia Kurakova.:luv17: Im so happy they can compete :hap85:

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
I haven’t watched Euros in a decade due to the weak fields in mens and ladies. There’s a reason Fernandez was able to dominate eight years in a row. The ladies aren’t much better. I’ll be tuning in this year but only to watch the men.

McBibus

On the Ice
The ladies aren’t much better. I’ll be tuning in this year but only to watch the men.

:scratch2::confused::confused2:

Update: I just finished watching the men SP :roll9:. Fernandez could have won another one... I think I'm going to ask for shelter in the russian ladies thread :slink:

Albus

Match Penalty
I haven’t watched Euros in a decade due to the weak fields in mens and ladies. There’s a reason Fernandez was able to dominate eight years in a row. The ladies aren’t much better. I’ll be tuning in this year but only to watch the men.

He didn't dominate at all. In fact he didn't deserve last year gold, the only one reason he was gifted was his retirement. It was blatant robbing

LiamV426

On the Ice
Country
Scotland
Definitely not excited anymore after that Men's Short. I'll just have to hope the ladies deliver I guess.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I had such a pleasant surprise! I am home from work with a bad cold, and I opened a Twitter, and, wow, gentlemen are skating their short! Now, the day is not a waste! Yay!

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Hmm, I predicted Kevin in first and he's going to finish...twenty-sixth. Have to check the predictions game rules to see how many points I'll get for that.:laugh:

Coryocris

Praise our Little Bear
On the Ice
Country
Germany
Euros? What Euros? I don't know what are you talking about.. there are no Euros this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.