Handheld jumping Harness. | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Handheld jumping Harness.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
The downside of the harness is that it automatically corrects under-rotateions by pulling the skater a little taller in the air and giving her a little more time before landing (even if the coach is trying not to pull at all). That improvement does not carry over once the skater is on her own again unless it also included some sort of technique change on her part.

I've never used a harness, but I have had coaches hold onto me and move me into the proper positions while doing things I was struggling with. I didn't get the elements right away afterwards, but just knowing what the right way feels like definitely sped things along. I'd imagine it would be the same for jumps if a skater is the type that the harness would work for. A skater with enough body awareness/instinct might figure it out on their own how to get the extra height that the harness gave them.

VegMom

On the Ice
I don't see why you wouldn't at least TRY using the harness. We have used both the pole harness and the ceiling installed harness. My skater loves it.

Coaches use it not just to train jumps but also to help sometimes with spins or as a reward for some young skaters.

My issue with the pole harness is that only very strong coaches can do it, usually men. I would really like it if all rinks had the ceiling harness so that all coaches could use it.

daniiltimin

Rinkside
It can help a lot. Often times you just need that little help from jumping with the harness to get the feel of the jump and what it feels like when you land it clean.