Jelizaveta Zukova & Martin Bidar | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Jelizaveta Zukova & Martin Bidar

Lachinka

Spectator
I was expecting he was studing Russian, but I'm from CZE and not much older than him so I know how it mostly looks. You are studing it usually on high school, but he wasn't there full time, also didn't really have time to study. It's second language, so people are usually not that excellent. Plus with Anna, they were training in Czech and in Canada, so not Russian environmnent. But as he was already last year in Russia and skate with Hanna, his Russian is probably already very good. :) You right. Idk which language they are using, but it seems like they are comunicating well, so it doesn't matter. :)

Yea I love them so much!! I saw them once in show after Sochi, they are really excelent. There is no one close to them now as Alyona and Bruno retired. They were not just good technicians but also very good artists, in their interpretation it was always also a little dance. Not like dancers but it wasn't cold.

You right, now when I'm thinking about it he has features like Max a lot, especially now when he already matured a bit! And he has big potencial to be good guy in pairs. And he also seems to have quite close personality as Max. So far maybe shy before cameras a bit but seems to be all fun. :laugh: (Also is willing to make photos of his partner everywhere :D)

He is just a proof that men age like wine. Haha. Cant wait for some more information about them. All we get know is radio silence. (except the test skates) but (logically) no assignments yet, no further info.
I want mooore :laugh:

paji15

On the Ice
He is just a proof that men age like wine. Haha. Cant wait for some more information about them. All we get know is radio silence. (except the test skates) but (logically) no assignments yet, no further info.
I want mooore :laugh:

Yep Martin can relax he will be aging like a while, will join Max and Scott Moir (my other fave) in a club (love their 15y of friendship post, darling despite making faces). :laugh: Yeaa me to. I think they are very careful after what they announced his partnership with Osipova and she wasn't released. I'm still very affraid, because Martin pay for one of the best young guys and Idk how exactly is Liza's skating now, but as they have a loop in SP i would say they are good, but she was 4th at Rus Nats as 13th. I'm affraid they might see too much potencial to let them paired, but as Mozer paired them, can be help?

Also Czech Fed media person suck! :laugh: They said they will have plenty of videos of skates and interviews coming last week and so far only video with one skater come out, and let's be honest, everyone is waiting for both pairs not for anyone else. :laugh: I want more too!

Update: I suck too. It's already there 2 days :palmf: Not that I didn't check it every day. Hope they have interview with her too as they said the have with both! It was so nice as he said he think he already find the one! :luv17: Hope someone translate it to her!! :laugh:

Here is link if anyone didn't see it yes bc is blind as me: https://www.facebook.com/czechfigureskating/videos/2671408126419186/?epa=SEARCH_BOX (can translate if needed) :)

Lachinka

Spectator
Yep Martin can relax he will be aging like a while, will join Max and Scott Moir (my other fave) in a club (love their 15y of friendship post, darling despite making faces). :laugh: Yeaa me to. I think they are very careful after what they announced his partnership with Osipova and she wasn't released. I'm still very affraid, because Martin pay for one of the best young guys and Idk how exactly is Liza's skating now, but as they have a loop in SP i would say they are good, but she was 4th at Rus Nats as 13th. I'm affraid they might see too much potencial to let them paired, but as Mozer paired them, can be help?

Also Czech Fed media person suck! :laugh: They said they will have plenty of videos of skates and interviews coming last week and so far only video with one skater come out, and let's be honest, everyone is waiting for both pairs not for anyone else. :laugh: I want more too!

Update: I suck too. It's already there 2 days :palmf: Not that I didn't check it every day. Hope they have interview with her too as they said the have with both! It was so nice as he said he think he already find the one! :luv17: Hope someone translate it to her!! :laugh:

Here is link if anyone didn't see it yes bc is blind as me: https://www.facebook.com/czechfigureskating/videos/2671408126419186/?epa=SEARCH_BOX (can translate if needed) :)

This brings tears to my eyes :sad21: They look so perfect! Just like Tanya and Max. They seem like a perfect match, which has been said a million times but just look at them, the influence of Nina is clearly visible. Oh Martin is being so positive about their team, and thats what leaves me trembling, crying in the corner desperately. What if rusfed ont release Liza? It would be contraproductive for them, junior world champion being equipped with Liza, thats a force than needs to be taken into account. They are a potential threat for russian junior pairs, and Im not very positive about whether is rusfed going to take the risk or not.
On the other hand, Nina paired them, so I hope her voice matters somehow.

Thank you for the video, I love to see Martin thrilled after such a long pause! It made my day :yay:

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
On another note, I was a fan of Liza's from a few years ago, liked seeing her skating with Egor, so I'm happy she might get the chance to compete internationally. Fingers crossed the Fed releases her.

paji15

On the Ice
This brings tears to my eyes :sad21: They look so perfect! Just like Tanya and Max. They seem like a perfect match, which has been said a million times but just look at them, the influence of Nina is clearly visible. Oh Martin is being so positive about their team, and thats what leaves me trembling, crying in the corner desperately. What if rusfed ont release Liza? It would be contraproductive for them, junior world champion being equipped with Liza, thats a force than needs to be taken into account. They are a potential threat for russian junior pairs, and Im not very positive about whether is rusfed going to take the risk or not.
On the other hand, Nina paired them, so I hope her voice matters somehow.

Thank you for the video, I love to see Martin thrilled after such a long pause! It made my day :yay:

Yea that's what make me worried too, when Martin and Anna won WCH, he was 2 years younger than male medalists in pairs usually are. But I also don't understand how is possible they didn't find good partner for Liza, in Russia, she is very talented girl and I hear really good things about her technically. They are together really dangerous match, even Nina seems think about them very high. I'm afraid as they are gonna compete together at that non isu race their potencial might be seen publically even more.

The fact that Nina pair them herself is really good from them I think. It can be that deciding factor, she probably give them recomandation, she knows what to say. Maybe she sees in them really big potencial and that's why she did it. She is Russian but she is also elite coach and she needs elite pairs. Maybe she sees it in them so wants them no matter about country. Also as you point he reminds young Max, that might be a reason why she starts like Martin, because she loves Max, she wanna have him. :think:

Isn't there an option for them to compete without Russians permition? Sth like they have to stay away for one season and then can compeete? In their case I would maybe consider to wait and work a lot because they seems really good match. We said it may times already yea, but the way she react to him when he talks in that video? She has no idea what he is talking about, she understand only words like "Liza, Mozer" and a few which are similar in Russian, but overal doesn't understand much and yet she still interact with him. Martin seems very happy for her. He's almost shy to be affectionate while talking about them and it's very cute. He really say he think he find the one partner despite they are together for such a short time, he simply knows. And he skated with Anna so he know how good match feels. (Also as we said earlier, yea they really seems to be developing maybe even feelings out of skating, new Max and Tati in full force? :think::laugh:)

Glad you like it, It makes me smile too. I think he wasn't this happy and excited since at least the Olympics. He has that sparkle and ambitions back. :clapper:

Lachinka

Spectator
Yea that's what make me worried too, when Martin and Anna won WCH, he was 2 years younger than male medalists in pairs usually are. But I also don't understand how is possible they didn't find good partner for Liza, in Russia, she is very talented girl and I hear really good things about her technically. They are together really dangerous match, even Nina seems think about them very high. I'm afraid as they are gonna compete together at that non isu race their potencial might be seen publically even more.

The fact that Nina pair them herself is really good from them I think. It can be that deciding factor, she probably give them recomandation, she knows what to say. Maybe she sees in them really big potencial and that's why she did it. She is Russian but she is also elite coach and she needs elite pairs. Maybe she sees it in them so wants them no matter about country. Also as you point he reminds young Max, that might be a reason why she starts like Martin, because she loves Max, she wanna have him. :think:

Isn't there an option for them to compete without Russians permition? Sth like they have to stay away for one season and then can compeete? In their case I would maybe consider to wait and work a lot because they seems really good match. We said it may times already yea, but the way she react to him when he talks in that video? She has no idea what he is talking about, she understand only words like "Liza, Mozer" and a few which are similar in Russian, but overal doesn't understand much and yet she still interact with him. Martin seems very happy for her. He's almost shy to be affectionate while talking about them and it's very cute. He really say he think he find the one partner despite they are together for such a short time, he simply knows. And he skated with Anna so he know how good match feels. (Also as we said earlier, yea they really seems to be developing maybe even feelings out of skating, new Max and Tati in full force? :think::laugh:)

Glad you like it, It makes me smile too. I think he wasn't this happy and excited since at least the Olympics. He has that sparkle and ambitions back. :clapper:

Everybody wants a Max, not only Nina. Haha. If he said he found THE one, this must be it! I hope rusfed wont be so stubborn and ruin their career cause of potentional threat...

I think they can try to ask again for the permission next year if they are not eligible to compete this season.
And, the next possible scenario could be...
Nina persuading Martin to try to apply for Russian citizenship to represent Russia. I know this is very unlikely, but... You know... Our lord works in mysterious ways. It would be such a pitty to lose such talented skaters! They are just perfect!

I feel like I might sacrifice something to the God of figure skating to secure Liza's release. Im starting to go nuts too :laugh:

And a little additional question... Is Nina refused to be the head coach of T/M they say due to her wish to relax, why is she caring so much about Martin and Liza? If she refused to coach her own countrymen, and decided to rather focus on these newbies, they really must be something!

I do not know how do you feel about it, but I wouldnt mind Martin switching countries to be with Liza. Just keep them together somehow. If Czechfed doesnt release him (POTENTIONALLY) we would have a Romeo/Juliett situation :laugh:

paji15

On the Ice
Everybody wants a Max, not only Nina. Haha. If he said he found THE one, this must be it! I hope rusfed wont be so stubborn and ruin their career cause of potentional threat...

I think they can try to ask again for the permission next year if they are not eligible to compete this season.
And, the next possible scenario could be...
Nina persuading Martin to try to apply for Russian citizenship to represent Russia. I know this is very unlikely, but... You know... Our lord works in mysterious ways. It would be such a pitty to loose such talented skaters! They are just perfect!

I feel like I might sacrifice something to the God of figure skating to secure Liza's release. Im starting to go nuts too :laugh:

And a little additional question... Is Nina refused to be the head coach of T/M they say due to her wish to relax, why is she caring so much about Martin and Liza? If she refused to coach her own countrymen, and decided to rather focus on these newbies, they really must be something!

I do not know how do you feel about it, but I wouldnt mind Martin switching countries to be with Liza. Just keep them together somehow. If Czechfed doesnt release him (POTENTIONALLY) we would have a Romeo/Juliett situation :laugh:

Actually I'm lost in whole Tarasova Morozov situation. They went to Marina, if she is best in sth then she is the master of choreoraphies, and they decide to let Charlie White to make their choreos? :laugh: Also both Max and Nina visite them in Florida. Also isn't Nina still coaching Americans? :D They may have different opinion about the way they wanna be prepared or Idk. But it's into different thread. But you are absolutelly right she accept another pair with huge potencial so she decide to create her time for them. Also I doubt she is saying those stuffs how good they may be to everyone, she is experieced coach.

I was thinking about it too. I'm not sure how much will Russias support "half russian" team, but if they are something, then probably should? I would preffer them to compete for Czech republic, but if it would be impossible then I would hope they can get permition to represent Russia. I think Martin would accept it, he prefer to compete for CZE, but he want to skate and not wait for admitistrative bosses to finish their war. Question is what Czech Fed would say, it would not be easy if Russians dsmiss it first, but I hope it will not end in Romeo Juliet situation. Please just let those "kids" compete, both already struggle with partners enough. Also in Czech republic have bigger opportunity to gain experiences faster as we have only two pairs (Dušková&Jakubka).

(I'm not such a strong patriot, I'm cheering for my fav athletes and many time they are not from Czech. I chose Liza and Martin so I don't care under which flag they will be.)

Lachinka

Spectator
Actually I'm in whole Tarasova Morozov situation. They went to Marina, if she is best in sth then she is the master of choreoraphies, and they decide to let Charlie White to make their choreos? :laugh: Also both Max and Nina visite them in Florida. Also isn't Nina still coaching Americans? :D They may have different opinion about the way they wanna be prepared or Idk. But it's into different thread. But you are absolutelly right she accept another pair with huge potencial so she decide to create her time for them. Also I doubt she is saying those stuffs how good they may be to everyone, she is experieced coach.

I was thinking about it too. I'm not sure how much will Russias support "half russian" team, but if they are something, then probably should? I would preffer them to compete for Czech republic, but if it would be impossible then I would hope they can get permition to represent Russia. I think Martin would accept it, he prefer to compete for CZE, but he want to skate and not wait for admitistrative bosses to finish their war. Question is what Czech Fed would say, it would not be easy if Russians dsmiss it first, but I hope it will not end in Romeo Juliet situation. Please just let those "kids" compete, both already struggle with partners enough. Also in Czech republic have bigger opportunity to gain experiences faster as we have only two pairs (Dušková&Jakubka).

(I'm not such a strong patriot, I'm cheering for my fav athletes and many time they are not from Czech. I chose Liza and Martin so I don't care under which flag they will be.)

Such an open minded fan, what a rare case you are. You should be protected. :laugh: Wow, you are even more Mozerised than I am, you know everything, thats awesome, thank you for the information.

For now, lets stay optimistic (that is gonna be difficult for me) about Liza and Martin, since they look thrilled too. Lets copy and paste their excitement and enjoy what is coming! Hope many more interesting Liza and Martin info soon. When do you have the Czech nationals?

paji15

On the Ice
Such an open minded fan, what a rare case you are. You should be protected. :laugh: Wow, you are even more Mozerised than I am, you know everything, thats awesome, thank you for the information.

For now, lets stay optimistic (that is gonna be difficult for me) about Liza and Martin, since they look thrilled too. Lets copy and paste their excitement and enjoy what is coming! Hope many more interesting Liza and Martin info soon. When do you have the Czech nationals?

I just saw picture with them and Charlie/Marina and then with Nina/Marina and follow Max on IG. :D And then saw pics from Martin and Liza on IG. Not follow team Mozer that closely.

Idk how long it can take till they have to make a decision? I guess they applied very soon after they were paired together. Hope they will be able to compete soon, we must be positive!! They seems positive so let's be too! We got this! (Btw still thing about his answer to question about impression from new partner - I think I find the one! Cryin!)

It's 13-14 Dec and this year in Ostrava! It's far but maybe I can go? :think:

Lachinka

Spectator
I just saw picture with them and Charlie/Marina and then with Nina/Marina and follow Max on IG. :D And then saw pics from Martin and Liza on IG. Not follow team Mozer that closely.

Idk how long it can take till they have to make a decision? I guess they applied very soon after they were paired together. Hope they will be able to compete soon, we must be positive!! They seems positive so let's be too! We got this! (Btw still thing about his answer to question about impression from new partner - I think I find the one! Cryin!)

It's 13-14 Dec and this year in Ostrava! It's far but maybe I can go? :think:

They must be blind if they dont let them :laugh: Ostrava, that is not that far. Can you buy tickets for it already? I would love to go!

paji15

On the Ice
They must be blind if they dont let them :laugh: Ostrava, that is not that far. Can you buy tickets for it already? I would love to go!

Right? Just let Martin go to that office and tell them he find the one while Liza is staying by his side and smiling, and everyone must give that damn stamp! :laugh:

I don't think so, check the webside of Czech Fed and doesn't seems like it's possible. Also Ostravar arena is big and I don't think it will be sold out, there is not that many fans despite it's 4 states championship. I would love to go too! It's also quite a good date! It's far but I'm used to go to Olomouc to school so it's not much worse :laugh:

Lachinka

Spectator
Right? Just let Martin go to that office and tell them he find the one while Liza is staying by his side and smiling, and everyone must give that damn stamp! :laugh:

I don't think so, check the webside of Czech Fed and doesn't seems like it's possible. Also Ostravar arena is big and I don't think it will be sold out, there is not that many fans despite it's 4 states championship. I would love to go too! It's also quite a good date! It's far but I'm used to go to Olomouc to school so it's not much worse :laugh:

Let them just tripple loop into the office and do not let the officials out until the give them the stamp. I dont know how it works. Martin seems to se quite sure about it, maybe he knows something we dont. Lets stay focused and keep our eyes and ears open.

Oh thank you for the recommendation! Its the only event I can afford now, so that might be the way to go! Ostrava, here we go!

paji15

On the Ice
Let them just tripple loop into the office and do not let the officials out until the give them the stamp. I dont know how it works. Martin seems to se quite sure about it, maybe he knows something we dont. Lets stay focused and keep our eyes and ears open.

Oh thank you for the recommendation! Its the only event I can afford now, so that might be the way to go! Ostrava, here we go!

I'm surprised they are going for 3loop! It's quite rare in pairs isn't it? Idk how exactly it work either, maybe there is any other option in case National federation don't give you a permition. Like wait a year or sth. Or Mozer assure them it will work out or Idk. For team without certanity are doing quite expensive prep. I know they have to be prepared in case she will be released, but LA seems to be quite big trip. It's really far.

If It's gonna be same as previours years then it's champs of Czech republic, Slovakia, Poland and Hungary. So may be good event. I never attend it so far, but for Liza and Martin it can be good option!

Lachinka

Spectator
I'm surprised they are going for 3loop! It's quite rare in pairs isn't it? Idk how exactly it work either, maybe there is any other option in case National federation don't give you a permition. Like wait a year or sth. Or Mozer assure them it will work out or Idk. For team without certanity are doing quite expensive prep. I know they have to be prepared in case she will be released, but LA seems to be quite big trip. It's really far.

If It's gonna be same as previours years then it's champs of Czech republic, Slovakia, Poland and Hungary. So may be good event. I never attend it so far, but for Liza and Martin it can be good option!

There are some predescribed elememts every pair has to execute, so that might be the reason (maybe) but I thought its a flip/lutz jump this year. Nevertheless, they are fearless which is only good. You have to be a bit bloodthirsty to achieve big goals.

I wonder if they are getting some donations, they do a lot of camps this year!
Why do you have so many nations in one? Is it some kind of federation or something?

paji15

On the Ice
There are some predescribed elememts every pair has to execute, so that might be the reason (maybe) but I thought its a flip/lutz jump this year. Nevertheless, they are fearless which is only good. You have to be a bit bloodthirsty to achieve big goals.

I wonder if they are getting some donations, they do a lot of camps this year!
Why do you have so many nations in one? Is it some kind of federation or something?

Oh I don't think they have any mandatory jump. They have just like in singles just mandatory elements, e.g. in short it is lift, twist, throw jump, jump, death spiral, spin and step sequence. Hope I didn't forget anything. And they can pick themselves which one they wanna do. Just check it and last year most of the pairs had Toeloop. Loop is 0,7p more valuable so if they can do it then good for them. In Free there is then more stufs, like jump combination, more lits etc.

I wonder too, as Liza is not released I doubt she even can have a contract with Czech Fed. Idk how much they pay athletes for preps but I think it's not gonna my much anyway, so probably parents are paying a lot? Have to idea but their preparation seems very solid.

I don't know why exactly it is for 4 states, but I think it's because there is not much skaters in those countries. It's not like Russia or Canada etc. So it's better quality and more interesting competition.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I was on holidays the past couple of weeks, so I only found this thread now.

Let's no longer spoil the thread "Elizaveta Zhuk & Egor Britkov" ;)

Thank you so much for creating the new thread, Rosallie. :thank:

Because Martin's previous partnership only lasted a season, I hadn't got what was supposed to be the thread for it completely sorted out before their split. And after they split, I didn't know what to do with it going forward. Whether to keep it as a thread for that particular partnership; or try and turn it into a thread focussing in on Martin himself (along the same lines as my thread about Ashley Cain); or what.

So, now that you have created this new thread for the new partnership, it has made the decision much easier. I will go ahead with turning the other thread into a Martin thread.

Although I liked the idea of looking after Anna and Martin for the rest of their careers, it is probably better all round for a skater's Fan Fest to be run by somebody of the same nationality (or, at least, by somebody who speaks the same language). Because you will be able to find things that us foreigners won't. :agree:

Thank you again. And all the best to Liza and Martin!

CaroLiza_fan

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
It looks like a decent program for them, and it's clear that Martin is coming in better shape than Liza, after all she hasn't competed internationally as much as he did lately. But there's good foundation for the elements. Not sure about the SBS loop, but it's too soon to know for sure if it's a good choice. Glad that they're already putting themselves out there, maybe to make a case for her release? Although, not sure what are the conditions for her to get the nod.

paji15

On the Ice
It looks like a decent program for them, and it's clear that Martin is coming in better shape than Liza, after all she hasn't competed internationally as much as he did lately. But there's good foundation for the elements. Not sure about the SBS loop, but it's too soon to know for sure if it's a good choice. Glad that they're already putting themselves out there, maybe to make a case for her release? Although, not sure what are the conditions for her to get the nod.
Was Liza even somewhere else internationaly than Golden spin in her isu bio? Martin attented all major competitions in both senior and juniors (where got medal everywhere), so of course he will be the leader! :) I think it must be their good jump as Nina put it into their program and they must be able to do it well in practice. And we saw she is able to land nicely threw jump. Can be also nerves. I was suprised how low is that death spiral! Seems like they already have very good trust! :luv17:

Wonder why Liza was missing in ceremony (in Martin IG stories), hope she is fine. :pray: Also hope someone will film also their free program.