NFL & NHL & even NBA 2019-20 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

NFL & NHL & even NBA 2019-20

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
And the heartbreaking story of the Vikings in playoffs continues. All credit to the 49ers, they had a great game, specially on the defense omg they were on fire! I feel like the Vikings lost their motivation after that dropped punt and since the Dline had Cook neutralized all of the pressure fell on Cousins and he succumbed to it.
And the Titans! First the defending Champs, then the team who was considered the strongest in the league...they are unstoppable. The defense was inspired and managed to put pressure on Jackson play after play. And Derrick Henry is a force of nature. The Chiefs are favored to win today, but against that Titans team I would be nervous for the AFC title even if I was Patrick Maholmes :eek:

Amei

Record Breaker
And the heartbreaking story of the Vikings in playoffs continues. All credit to the 49ers, they had a great game, specially on the defense omg they were on fire! I feel like the Vikings lost their motivation after that dropped punt and since the Dline had Cook neutralized all of the pressure fell on Cousins and he succumbed to it.
And the Titans! First the defending Champs, then the team who was considered the strongest in the league...they are unstoppable. The defense was inspired and managed to put pressure on Jackson play after play. And Derrick Henry is a force of nature. The Chiefs are favored to win today, but against that Titans team I would be nervous for the AFC title even if I was Patrick Maholmes :eek:

The Chiefs still have to go through Houston, which has beaten the Chiefs this season

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Holy moley, Kansas City Chiefs, what a win:eeking:

I guess they're my rooting interest now: Andy Reid and Jason Kelce's younger brother. :)

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And dreaded double post, but I forgot to say....

Bye bye bye Jadaveon Clowney. Karma is a b****.:biggrin:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
What a win by the Chiefs! To be down 24-0 and end up scoring 51 points...massive respect to that team. I will definitely be looking forward to that AFC Championship, Tennessee's Defense was on absolute fire vs Baltimore, and they will need more of that if they want to stop that bulldozer of an offense that the Chiefs have.
Stakes were high in that game in Lambeau, and the temperature was also taking its toll on the players. Quite a tense game with all those were-they-or-were-they-not calls, but Seattle couldn't keep going forever, Wilson can only get so far basically carrying the entire team on his shoulders. Still, that was probably the weakest showing out of this weekend's four winners. GB will have to step it up BIG TIME if they don't want to get ran over by the 9ers.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Yesterday was a good day for my fandom — Capitals coming back to beat Isles from a 4-1 deficit after the second period, and Roman Sadovsky winning the Canadian National senior men’s championship :biggrin:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
And Championship weekend is over!

Too bad the Cinderella story has ended for the Titans, but they started off well and at least they put up a much better fight than the Texans who collapsed under the pressure. Kudos to the Chiefs defense for being able to stop Derrick Henry, they are going to need all that and more if they want to stop the 49ers incredible running game. Mostert, Coleman (I hope the injury is nothing serious) and Breida are not as strong as Henry, but they are faster and have a gift for finding their way and sneaking between the defensive players.

It will be a very exciting match for sure. The Chiefs offense is incredible but maybe this incredible defense the 49ers have is just what is needed to stop them? KC D-line will definitely have to find a way to counter SF's running game and SF can't have mercy (they were quite conservative with Minnesota and Green Bay) against the Chiefs if they have an early advantage. KC has played and won coming from behind both against the Texans and against the Titans. They 49ers can't play too safe this time.

I personally will be cheering for the 49ers (I would only not cheer for them if they played vs the Steelers tbh). Well it definitely promises to be an incredible SB in Miami!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for the recap @Xibsuarz, another Chiefs comeback and the Niners dominated.

I'm afraid we will be on opposite sides for the SB. Andy Reid is still beloved by many Eagles fans and we would love to see him get his first ring. Go Big Red:hap10: And I saw a clip of Travis and Jason Kelce hugging it out, so touching.

I do think it will be a good one!:yes:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Thanks for the recap @Xibsuarz, another Chiefs comeback and the Niners dominated.

I'm afraid we will be on opposite sides for the SB. Andy Reid is still beloved by many Eagles fans and we would love to see him get his first ring. Go Big Red:hap10: And I saw a clip of Travis and Jason Kelce hugging it out, so touching.

I do think it will be a good one!:yes:

Andy Reid is one heck of a head coach, all the love and respect he gets is more than earned. I saw a stat after the game today that the Titans were the only team in the league that he had not been able to beat twice and he's finally done it :yes: I also heard the Chiefs have opened up as favorites in the betting game.
Now it will be Andy Reid's experience vs Kyle Shanahan's innovative (yet at the same time classic) strategy. Honestly KC and SF couldn't be anymore different, which makes it all more exciting.

nickp91

Final Flight
Glad to see Lamar Hunt’s Chiefs in Super Bowl Hunt did so much for both professional football and soccer

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There is news that Kobe Bryant has died in a helicopter crash:shocked:

Kobe was a native Philadelphian and a huge Eagles fan. I remember watching his father Joe Jelly Bean Bryant play.

So sad:sad21:

zounger

Medalist
Kobe except for being a legend as player was very likable personality. The news are shocking. :(

Amei

Record Breaker
Kobe except for being a legend as player was very likable personality. The news are shocking. :(

He was also fluent in Italian having lived in Italy for several years when his father was playing basketball overseas. The news is reporting he was traveling to coach a 7th/8th grade basketball game that his daughter was going to play in - she was with him in the crash as well, she was 13 years old and had dreams of being in the WNBA

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Andy Reid got the chip!:dance3:

And Jason Kelce's little brother too!:dance3:

Gotta admit, I had given up hope at 20-10. So happy for Big Red:agree:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
thank you @xibsuarz, I know you were rooting for the Niners, and it was a well played game. But the past two weeks in Philadelphia fans really coalesced behind the Chiefs. Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie said he never rooted for anything non-Eagles related as much as he rooted for Andy to win the Super Bowl.

This tweet on the Eagles official account twenty minutes ago already has 60K likes and it's climbing by the minute:

Time's yours, Andy

Ducky

On the Ice
They snuck in the South Africa 2010 World Cup theme into the American Super Bowl half time show!!!!

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
thank you @xibsuarz, I know you were rooting for the Niners, and it was a well played game. But the past two weeks in Philadelphia fans really coalesced behind the Chiefs. Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie said he never rooted for anything non-Eagles related as much as he rooted for Andy to win the Super Bowl.

This tweet on the Eagles official account twenty minutes ago already has 60K likes and it's climbing by the minute:

Time's yours, Andy

It was a good game until the 4th quarter, idk what on earth happened there. Unfortunately the one who loses the SB then usually has a poor follow up season, the SB Hangover is real. And since most of the 49ers are very young, I think the coaching team might take some time to get everyone back on their feet. I definitely would not want to be Kyle Shanahan rn, second SB in which his team gives the title away for not running the ball...
Oh and I thought Mahomes saying he wanted to go to Disney right after was adorable. It’s amazing everything he has accomplished at just 24, KC got a dynasty in their hands with him and Reid at the front of the team.