NFL & NHL & even NBA 2019-20 | Golden Skate

NFL & NHL & even NBA 2019-20

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Figure skating isn't the only sport with seasons starting soon:eeking:

The NFL has started already, and pretty glad I missed what sounded like a terrible game between the Packers and Da Bears.

But there's always Sunday ..... :biggrin:

And since I know we have fans of the other pro sports, when those seasons start, come on in and post! :)

So who are you rooting for? against? and how's it going?

:popcorn:

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist
Cheering for the Pats! :cheer::cheer2::clapper:

Brady’s going for that 7th ring :yes2:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Even NBA??? Psssstt there is only the NBA to me!

At least you're doing better than me, I sort of hmmmed "NHL, mispelt there... oh, foreign" :laugh:

(And I don't even follow rugby but oh god do my male relatives or what...)

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Cheering for the Pats! :cheer::cheer2::clapper:

Brady’s going for that 7th ring :yes2:

Ah, NoviceFan, we will not be friends on November 17, when Dougie P will hopefully outreach Bill Bel again:devil: But I admit, they're looking good (as always) although what are they thinking signing Antonio Brown:eeking:

Even NBA??? Psssstt there is only the NBA to me!

:laugh: It says "even NBA" because last year the header just ended up NFL and NHL, and this year I went for it all.

At least you're doing better than me, I sort of hmmmed "NHL, mispelt there... oh, foreign" :laugh:

(And I don't even follow rugby but oh god do my male relatives or what...)

I'm sorry, but I don't know what you're referring to as "misspelt". I know zippity doo dah about rugby:biggrin: Do they have a league with a similar name?

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, a win is a win is a win for the Birds.

And D Jax is back!:dance3::party2::dance3:
Chip who and his lousy trades?:biggrin:

But it should never, ever, ever have been that close. Defense, wake up:ddevil:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Ah, NoviceFan, we will not be friends on November 17, when Dougie P will hopefully outreach Bill Bel again:devil: But I admit, they're looking good (as always) although what are they thinking signing Antonio Brown:eeking:

:laugh: It says "even NBA" because last year the header just ended up NFL and NHL, and this year I went for it all.

I'm sorry, but I don't know what you're referring to as "misspelt". I know zippity doo dah about rugby:biggrin: Do they have a league with a similar name?

NRL or National Rugby League. In Australia there are two massive codes, rugby league and Australian Rules. September is finals month for both (NRL grand final just into October) so there is no getting any sense of out fans for the next few weeks.

Don't worry I live here and by dint to deliberate avoidance I don't know as much as my relatives think a good Aussie ought to...

Amei

Record Breaker

Probably thinking what they thought before the 2007 season when they signed Randy Moss (another legendary loud-mouth WR), if it works out great things will happen, if he doesn't work out - great things will happen after they cut him. I give the Patriots credit because they have always been able to keep these guys in line and he needs them more than need him. He was always quiet in Pittsburgh while they were doing really well, once they weren't doing so well, then he showed his attitude, Oakland wouldn't have been much better especially given they are in the same division as the Chiefs; the Patriots there won't be any question about how good they will be

Ducky

On the Ice
Congrats, Buffalo on your winning season (so far). Looking forward to you crushing my hopes and dreams around week 5 as is traditional.

The Detroit Lions will go down in history as the team that can always be counted on to find an innovative way to lose, no matter how steep the odds. (Or in this case, to tie.)

So, after leading 24 to 6 in the 4th quarter the Lions stopped playing defense and let the Cardinals got within 8 points in the closing two minutes. The Lions, with the ball, needed only to make a first down to run out the clock. They converted on third and medium!

Oh, no, they didn't. The coach had called a time out just before the play, so they had to run it again, failing this time. On the next play they gave up a blocked punt. This gave the Cardinals the chance to march down the field unmolested -- and then convert on a two=point extra point.

Overtime, now tied 27 to 27 in the closing seconds. The Lions have the ball way back on their own 5 yard line (after a penalty because a player went out of bounds on the kickoff and didn't come back in bounds in the allotted time). Last play of the game. There are only two ways the Lions can lose -- by giving up a safety, or by throwing an interception. The quarterback retreats almost into his own end zone, but collects his wits at the last second and comes back out before he is sacked. He throws the ball to an opposing player.

The Lions lucky charm held -- the defender dropped the interception, preserving the tie.

Last edited:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We have no secondary:sad21:

Already the injuries:sad21:

This could be a longer season than I anticipated for the Iggles:slink: (or maybe the Falcons are that good?)

Ducky

On the Ice
I would say that the Bills are currently the best NY football team, but they're the only NY football team so that's faint praise indeed.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Didn't have the heart to come in after the Eagles' Sunday game. (Although the #UnlikeAgholor guy just made my day:biggrin:)

Feeling somewhat better after last night's game As one of my friends said online, warm up the getaway car cause we just stole one from Green Bay. ;)

But now we *literally* have no secondary, :)pray: for Avonte Maddox' full recovery, and the Green Bay player who was hurt too) and we can't depend on offense and interceptions to save the day.

:eek:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hey, Bills woke up in the second half. Pats almost got beat by Matt Barkley:eek:

Now congrats to the Pats, a win is a win is a win, but that Bills defense ain’t triflin :thumbsup:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The perfect day for a Philadelphia football fan.

Eagles win.
Cowboys lose.
:biggrin:

Although I felt bad for the Jets. When Orlando Scandrick strip sacks your QB and runs it back for six, that is not a good sign :(

Amei

Record Breaker
It was a great day for the Houston Texans - rarely does that team look phenomenal but Watson and Fuller were amazing.

It was deplorable what happened in the Steelers game though - QB gets knocked unconscious, he comes to, the cart breaks and they make the recently unconscious guy walk to sideline. Billion dollar company and they didn't have second cart...so much for 'player safety'

Ducky

On the Ice
It was a great day for the Houston Texans - rarely does that team look phenomenal but Watson and Fuller were amazing.

It was deplorable what happened in the Steelers game though - QB gets knocked unconscious, he comes to, the cart breaks and they make the recently unconscious guy walk to sideline. Billion dollar company and they didn't have second cart...so much for 'player safety'

Speaking of player safety, I'm curious to know the science behind these new helmets and how they're going to stop your brain from continuing to move once the skull has stopped. (Do I trust the NFL when it comes to concussions and CTE? Not in the slightest. Does the latest study about how every year of playing contact football increases the likelihood of developing CTE bother me? Yes, yes it does.)

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Speaking of player safety, I'm curious to know the science behind these new helmets and how they're going to stop your brain from continuing to move once the skull has stopped. (Do I trust the NFL when it comes to concussions and CTE? Not in the slightest. Does the latest study about how every year of playing contact football increases the likelihood of developing CTE bother me? Yes, yes it does.)

I think the NFL cares about lawsuits. And evidently the new protocols are jointly developed between the NFL and NFLPA.

I found this clip, and even though it's a helmet manufacturer demonstrating a "good" helmet, I found it interesting, and scary. Helmet to helmet hit is what Avonte Maddox had. :shocked:

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/vicis-demonstrates-how-much-safer-new-nfl-helmet-compared-older-one

Jumping from the serious, to the game, after today I give up, unless the Eagles find a secondary, nope, not happening, frustrating as heck.:drama: