NFL & NHL & even NBA 2019-20 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

NFL & NHL & even NBA 2019-20

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I had no intention of posting after we list to the Cowboys. No worse fate for an Eagles fan:shame:

But now we won, and actually had a good game in winning. The variable reinforcement is killing me. :drama:

Ducky

On the Ice
I had no intention of posting after we list to the Cowboys. No worse fate for an Eagles fan:shame:

But now we won, and actually had a good game in winning. The variable reinforcement is killing me. :drama:

Nice game, Bird fan. But I still gotta Bill-ieve.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nice game, Bird fan. But I still gotta Bill-ieve.

I am sorry it came at the expense of the Bills, although not sorry enough to give the win back. (And close enough for another away game Eagles fan invasion ;)).

I have no faith in the Birds, the Bills have been far more consistent :)

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Good Lord, that was ugly. But the Eagles won:eeking:

And I saw a great joke: substitute your own team's (not favorite) WR.

What do Mack Hollins and Chick Fil A have in common?
Neither is open on Sundays.

:laugh2: We're not afraid to make fun of our own.....

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
What a game for San Francisco and Seattle. This is how I love football. I am super bumped because the 49ers are my second favorite team after the Steelers and let's say I am not the Seahawks biggest fan....
But it was one heck of a game, I usually find defensive games a bit boring because the scoring is low but both defensive lines played lights out. Now the 9ers O-line needs to step up because the defense needs help with the scoring!

I find myself thinking about the very same thing regarding the Steelers. We won because of our defense + Rams had a tough night, but the difference between the D-line and O-Line is much bigger. I know it's a very tough call without our Big Ben, but if the Steelers offense doesn't regroup we can kiss the playoffs goodbye or get sent home on the first game. I am no expecting much this season tbh, but I want them to go out with dignity.

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
I cant even believe McDavid and Draisaitl for Edmonton Oilers this year.. spectacular.. 6 points for McD tonight vs Colorado.. like.. is he even human?! Those two are going to break the NHL record for tandem points this year.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Baltimore out there showing they are the team to beat at the AFC. Lamar Jackson is a beast and I don't know if even the Pats will be able to hold them off the SB. I didn't see the statement but my dad said he saw in the sports news that Belichick even said there is no way to set a defensive strategy against Jackson and the insane offensive line of the Ravens.
But I think that, even if they won, they found their match in SF. Baltimore had been sweeping the floor with their rivals the past games but their scoring was on the lower end this game. The best D-line is what it takes to stop them and even then they lost. However, I think that, just like against Seattle, SF lost because of their offensive line, since their defense it's truly amazing. Perhaps had they not gone for a shotgun in 4th and 1 and had ran the ball the result would have been different.
That being said, I think only Seattle and SF have defenses strong enough to hold Jackson back. Who knows, we might have just seen a preview of the SB (Harbough Bowl 2.0 anyone?). And I am definitely not looking forward to seeing that Baltimore vs Pittsburgh final game, they won't have mercy on us that's for sure. At least we got back at the Browns, but I still think that just making the playoffs is a miracle for us rn.
On Monday night it's was really something to see the Vikings putting up such a fight vs the Seahawks. This weekend played off perfectly for them as they are now leading the NFC. Crazy what a game does to a team, and how difficult or easy the season can go depending on your division. SF is 10-2 and dropped from 1st in the NFC to Wild Card, meanwhile, Dallas still keeps their divisional title with 6-6 and would therefore qualify above SF...such is the NFL!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does any other sport have a dumpster fire of a division like the NFC East? And I say that as a Birds fan whose team is now tied for the “lead”.

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry :laugh:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Does any other sport have a dumpster fire of a division like the NFC East? And I say that as a Birds fan whose team is now tied for the “lead”.

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry :laugh:

Lol that division is a hot mess rn, my grandpa and my uncle are hardcore Cowboys' fans so things have been ugly over here the past few weeks :laugh:

Sometimes I feel the playoff selection process it's a bit tragic for some teams: You have the Rams with a very respectable 8-5 with no chance of making the playoffs because NFC West is sick. While, even with a losing record, someone on the NFC East has to make the playoffs.
One could argue the same regarding the disparity between the AFC and the NFC rn. Like, as a Steelers fan, I gotta say I don't think anyone in the AFC will beat the Ravens, yet you have at least 4 SB candidates in the NFC. But well, it's the NFL, sometimes we get situations like this!

Back to the NFC East, I think Philadelphia has a better shot at making the playoffs than Dallas. Regardless of what happens at the Cowboys vs Eagles game, they should hold off against the Giants and the Redskins. While I fully expect the Cowboys to lose against the Rams. Such a disappointment for Dallas to end their season like this, but it seems like the main obstacle comes from Jerry Jones, and there's not much you can do when the owner is apparently setting you back.
But congrats (in advance) to the Eagles! Though playoffs will be scary since they will be facing (most likely) either Seattle or SF. Playoffs will be a bloodbath at the NFC!

As for this weekend, I'm a happy Pittsburgh fan. They weren't spectacular against Arizona but it was solid with some traces of brilliant. And omg there were so many Terrible Towels one would think they were in Pittsburgh lol. Our game vs the Bills will be crucial since it will most likely make the difference for us between facing the Texans or the Chiefs in the Playoffs. I can't believe I started the season saying all hope was lost for my team and we are actually on our way to the playoffs! I'm so proud of them.

Idk what is going on with the Pats, they shouldn't have lost last week and they shouldn't have lost this week either. Rather than good plays by the Chiefs it was mostly mistakes by the Pats that cost them the game. I mean, maybe they know they will win the AFC East but can't aim for 1st seed anymore so they are taking it easy and settle with a 2nd seed? They have an easier calendar than the Bills (vs the Bengals and Dolphins, literally the two lowest records on the AFC), so they will probably take the divisional title anyway.

The game of the weekend was definitely NO vs SF. Such a brilliant game for both O-lines which comes as a surprise from SF whose Defense was seen as vastly superior to the offense. Of course, the defense had some key plays too, they stopped the Saints from getting a 2-point conversion twice (in a 48-46 game, that made the difference). Both teams showed off their offensive line for sure. Thomas is such a jewel for the Saints and all hail Kittle, he is probably the best TE in the league (that final play, he had 3 defensive players hanging off him, with a face mask and he was still moving!). Amazing game from both teams, both definitely SB material.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Boston Scott? Boston Scott! Put some respect on that man’s name:hap85:

Carson is throwing to guys they pulled off the parking lot, and finding a way to score.

I don’t care if it’s the NFC Least, Division Champs baby.:yes2: #FlyEaglesFly

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
And this is why I don’t bet in the NFL lol the last few weeks have been crazy! And this week too! Buffalo losing to the NYJ, Cincinnati upsetting Cleveland, Miami edging out on New England, Rams beating the Cards, Jags winning over the Colts, Chicago over Minnesota, like that’s the NFL for you!

Truly a shame we couldn’t even beat a Ravens team using their subs. I hope this makes everyone in Pittsburgh realize we are in dire need of a massive change (possibly starting with the Head Coach? And a decent QB to back us up, Ben can’t keep playing forever). In Dallas it seems like they will bid Garrett goodbye tho...

Sunday night promised to be exciting and they delivered. Though the 1st half was owned by the 49ers, Seattle woke up for the 2nd half. It literally came down to inches. SF is my 2nd favorite team so even tho I am happy with the W i think I’ve lost 10 years in the past 6 weeks :laugh:

So on to the playoffs! I think that, save for Bills vs Texans, the other 4 games have a clear favorite but who knows? The underdogs could definitely make an upset, it’s the NFL anything can happen :hap10:

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Boston Scott? Boston Scott! Put some respect on that man’s name:hap85:

Carson is throwing to guys they pulled off the parking lot, and finding a way to score.

I don’t care if it’s the NFC Least, Division Champs baby.:yes2: #FlyEaglesFly

Great game yesterday, El. Talk about finding a way to win! I’d like to see some of our favorite skaters show that kind of grit and determination.

Ducky

On the Ice
So on to the playoffs! I think that, save for Bills vs Texans, the other 4 games have a clear favorite but who knows? The underdogs could definitely make an upset, it’s the NFL anything can happen :hap10:

Oh man, I don't think there's enough alcohol in the world to calm my nerves for that upcoming game. Let's go Buffalo!

Too bad the game isn't in Buffalo though because it's supposed to snow on the 4th and I can think of no better conditions for a Bills victory over a southern team.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh well, the Eagles' improbable run had to end someday. Today was that day.

Carson Wentz and ten guys from WalMart might put up a fight, but take away Carson:(

Those helmet to helmet hits are scary, scary stuff:shocked:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Oh well, the Eagles' improbable run had to end someday. Today was that day.

Carson Wentz and ten guys from WalMart might put up a fight, but take away Carson:(

Those helmet to helmet hits are scary, scary stuff:shocked:

Honestly idk how the yellow flag didn’t fly. The NFL has said that the health of the players is the most important thing, specially the QB. And that injury potentially ended the game for the Eagles. I know sometimes the defensive players cannot stop the momentum, but I have seen similar plays this season, and even if the d-player can’t help it, if you hit someone (particularly the QB) like that, you get flagged. Still, the Eagles did a valiant effort with the team they had left, I hope Wentz can heal up soon and recovers well. Who knows? The NFC East is going for some radical changes, with the Giants, the Redskins and the Cowboys all getting new Head Coaches. The division might be reborn!

Such a shame about the Bills, at halftime I thought they had it! But I think this will be a positive learning experience for Allen, he is young, he still has long ways to go and time to learn and come back stronger.

Now talk about upsettings! After Miami won over NE and Tennessee against Houston, I really thought the Titans had a solid chance of beating the Pats, but I think a small part in me remain skeptical because the Pats always find a way to win in the end. And so I was so surprised about the final result. Tennessee’s defense was great, kudos to them for being able to keep NE scoreless in the 2nd half.

But for me the biggest upset was definitely NO vs MIN. I literally couldn’t picture the NFC Championship without the Saints. But Cook carried the team on his shoulders coupled with some key plays by Cousins. And the defense! They outdid themselves, causing the first fumble for Breed in the season.

Well, on to Divisionals! I won’t predict anything other than it will be an exciting weekend

Ducky

On the Ice
Such a shame about the Bills, at halftime I thought they had it! But I think this will be a positive learning experience for Allen, he is young, he still has long ways to go and time to learn and come back stronger.

It wouldn't be a Bills season if they didn't snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Bills gotta Bills. I still Bill-ieve in them though.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
@xibsuarz, every single Philadelphian is with you, where was the the bleeping flag? And then J. Clowney goes off on social media about the Eagles have the worst fans in the league. Pfffft. But the football gods were not going to authorize too many upsets in one day:laugh:, I’m happy for the Vikes, I could root for them in the upcoming games.

@Ducky, any team that scores on the Philly Special is OK by me:thumbsup: Josh Allen is so talented, but I would have a heart attack watching him game in and game out.