Dutch Figure Skating | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Dutch Figure Skating

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
It's official. The Dutch Skating Federation today assigned both Niki Wories and the team of Danilova/Tsiba to the WC in Montreal. Also confirmed it's the first time ever that there's a Dutch Pair at a World Championship. Hurrah!

sadya

On the Ice
Country
Netherlands
I used to think that we already had a pair at Worlds once. I didn't realise that Alcuin and Schulten only did Euros. Can't wait for Worlds.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Junior worlds 2020.
Lindsay van Zundert is 29th after the SP and did not qualify for the Free. A pity because she skated quite well. No falls or anything like that. if she had managed to skate her PB, she would have been there but, alas, just a few points lower than that. Others did better! 29th out of 47 isn't anything to be ashamed of though, but it would have been great if she could have skated her Free as well.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Dutch Figure skater infected with Covid-19

A few days ago I was so happy to be informed that the Dutch Figure Skaters that are part of the National Team (yes, such a thing now exists) were back on the ice - not in The Netherlands but in Belgium (our friendly neighbours). But yesterday I was informed (through the same channel - on the Website of our Skating Federation) that one athlete had been infected and therefore she and all skaters, coaches, etc. who had been in contact with her had to go into quarantaine. Others could keep on training, but obviously this is a much depleted group.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands

Nope. Thanks Doris. On it immediately! Thankfully she's in Canada, and can't be the athlete involved because the information was about the Dutch team in Belgium. And Niki isn't there. Still sorry for the athlete (and all the close others), but happy to realise Niki can't be the one. Oh...I did say happy birthday but not in her fan fest.