Scale of Values question: Points for flying spin? | Golden Skate

Scale of Values question: Points for flying spin?

annajzdf

Rinkside
Hi everyone!

I'd like to know if there are in fact no extra points awarded for the flying entry (no difficult variation) on a spin, when it has a change of foot or when it's a combo spin? Or if I'm maybe missing something?
Because the Scale of Values only includes the 'F' for flying in brackets, but it doesn't look like there are additional points gained through the flying entry (unless it has a difficult variation and increases the level of the spin).
I know that f.i. Yuzu does a regular flying entry into the first spin in his Origin FS, which is a change foot combo spin level 4, and he only gets those 3,5 points that he would get even without making it a flying spin.

So would a (standard) flying entry in a spin only make sense point-wise in a spin with no change of position and no change of foot? :confused:
And if the answer is yes, what would be the reasoning behind this? :scratch2:

gkelly

Record Breaker
One advantage would be the possibility of including both CCoSp and FCCoSp in the freeskate, which would have higher base values than a spin in one position and/or without change of foot that could be used as the required flying spin.