James and Cipres withdraw from GP events | Page 2 | Golden Skate

James and Cipres withdraw from GP events

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Glad to hear that. Last year's GPs were not great for pairs, with the exception of James and Cipres. I'll look out for Denney and Frazier.

Hopefully S/H will be back on the GP circuit this season and there are young Russian teams on the rise so i think the competition will be much tougher and stronger this season. J/C may find a totally different Pairs field in 2020 then what they faced in 2018-19. That's why taking a year off is risky. These other teams are going to be battle tested and improving rapidly.

pesto

On the Ice
Hopefully S/H will be back on the GP circuit this season and there are young Russian teams on the rise so i think the competition will be much tougher and stronger this season. J/C may find a totally different Pairs field in 2020 then what they faced in 2018-19. That's why taking a year off is risky. These other teams are going to be battle tested and improving rapidly.

Yeah fingers crossed for Sui and Han. And I'm also hoping that Tarasova and Morozov have two high quality programmes that suit them this year. I love pairs when it's good.

The absence of S/H and the awkward-feeling SP of T/M were lowlights last year, but there also seemed quite a shallow pool of talent below the top few teams. Z/E's Spamalot entertained me more than their previous programmes (in a slightly WTAF way), and I liked Peng and Jin's Ophelia programme. So I'm hoping that those pairs have programmes that highlight their strengths, and that the younger teams start to develop more presence and charisma, too.

But no matter what other good things happen, I will miss J&C