Favourite skating clothes brands | Golden Skate

Favourite skating clothes brands

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
What's your favourite brand for skating clothes?
Mine's Chique Sport but I get most of my stuff from Chloe Noel
[emoji16][emoji108][emoji960]

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom

Oh, that thread is comedy gold! So much judgement! :laugh2:

There's a new brand in the UK called Roaring Mouse. It's mostly custom-made at the moment, especially the leggings as so many people have such trouble finding them to fit.

The rink where I skate has a lot of adults who love wearing dresses and skirts and the chiffon ballet wrap and circle skirts are really popular with them, whether they're beginners or more skilled. They give more coverage to the bits we like covered! Personally, I absolutely hate the idea that people might not take up skating - or any form of dance/sport/exercise - because they're worried that they won't find anything to fit or people might think what they're wearing isn't appropriate or is "bizarre". If it makes you want to dance, wear it. I'm all about the joy. (And the comfort and the warmth, I'm not daft... ;) )

sandraskates

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Oh, that thread is comedy gold! So much judgement! :laugh2:

There's a new brand in the UK called Roaring Mouse. It's mostly custom-made at the moment, especially the leggings as so many people have such trouble finding them to fit.

Just guessing that the OP is outside the USA and most of the suggestions in that thread (including mine) are in the US.

The Chicque Sport offerings are pretty nice although I don't like logos plastered all over me.

Is there a link for Roaring Mouse?

Edited. Found link to Roaring Mouse

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
I'd love to wear a dress or skirt if I didn't think some uptight parent might object to the sight of my upper thighs. :rolleye:

I just wear cheap and pretty leggings with whatever top won't make me overheat.

In addition to being a judgment-fest, that old thread is an embarrassing reminder of how I used to skate in regular pants. Yes, my knee bend in skin-tight size XXXXXXXXXXXXS jeans was stunning......ly bad. :laugh:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
None of our favourite skaters have yet commissioned his/her own clothing collection? Basic black training stuff for young skaters with a nice embroiderie, shorts with their name on the rear, accessories like stakes toting bags, covers, even authorised tissue box covers (like the salfetnitsa's the Russians use) etc?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Even with the companies mentioned in the other site being in US or Canada, you can still order the products from online. Lisa has her own website for her line.

As a pro I sometimes wear a leo with a dance wrap skirt but much of the time depending on the temp of the rink I'll be in that day, you'll find me in joggers on the ice.

Vicki7

On the Ice
I'm in the UK, I'm 5 foot 2, and I'm a larger girl. I can get some Chloe Noel stuff to fit, but other than that, it's looking like I'm gonna be getting stuff made to measure - my dresses already are as I'm not standard skater shape and even adult large sizes are too small :(

A friend has made me a new long sleeve top and leggings set, I pick them up on Sunday.

PS: I'd order from the US but sometimes the shipping costs mean it's not a viable option anymore.

Elija

On the Ice
On the topic of clothing, does anyone know of any good places to buy competition dresses for adults that aren’t in bright colours and super frilly? Honestly almost every dress I’ve found online os garish and hideous. I loooove lisa mckinnon’s dresses, but obviously as an adult skater am not going to spend thousands on a custom dress. If anyone can think of any designers that make dresses similar to hers (but not custom) that would be much appreciated! :)

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
On the topic of clothing, does anyone know of any good places to buy competition dresses for adults that aren’t in bright colours and super frilly? Honestly almost every dress I’ve found online os garish and hideous. I loooove lisa mckinnon’s dresses, but obviously as an adult skater am not going to spend thousands on a custom dress. If anyone can think of any designers that make dresses similar to hers (but not custom) that would be much appreciated! :)

There are many places: Rainbo, Jerry's, Figure Skating Store, Figure Skating Boutique among others.

Lisa does sell stock dresses for adults btw some around 200 USD. You'll spend that or more on dresses from the places listed above and many others.

Good luck! :)

Elija

On the Ice
Yeah i saw that she sells stock dresses too, but there was only one design last time i checked. Thanks for the suggestions, I’ve looked at some of those, but not all so will check them out. I’m happy to spend up to about $400 (I’m really info fashion, so would rather pay for something of good quality and workmanship than something cheap).

bunnybarista

If I risk it all, could you break my fall?~
On the Ice

I don't know how you feel about used dresses, but there are a lot of dresses for sale on Facebook groups and on Ebay. Skaters often only wear a dress a few times in a season before getting rid of it, so you can get great deals on gently used costumes. If you are a bit handy, you could also find a non-skating dress that you like and add a panty bottom and sequins.

sandraskates

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Yeah i saw that she sells stock dresses too, but there was only one design last time i checked. Thanks for the suggestions, I’ve looked at some of those, but not all so will check them out. I’m happy to spend up to about $400 (I’m really info fashion, so would rather pay for something of good quality and workmanship than something cheap).

Perhaps if you ask around at your rink there might be a local skating costume or skating dress maker (?).

Elija

On the Ice
I don't know how you feel about used dresses, but there are a lot of dresses for sale on Facebook groups and on Ebay. Skaters often only wear a dress a few times in a season before getting rid of it, so you can get great deals on gently used costumes. If you are a bit handy, you could also find a non-skating dress that you like and add a panty bottom and sequins.

That’s a good idea! Will have a look. I’m no good at sewing, but did also think about looking at dance dresses as a lot of those seem to have underwear sewen in.

Ducky

On the Ice
I swear by Athleta leggings.

Anyone know where I could get a catsuit for competition? My legs are a bit too shapely for where most figure skating dresses hit and I don't need to accentuate my hips that much.

celia

Rinkside
I swear by Athleta leggings.

Anyone know where I could get a catsuit for competition? My legs are a bit too shapely for where most figure skating dresses hit and I don't need to accentuate my hips that much.

I get my plain black high-waist leggings at Discount Dance. They have unitards (catsuits) there in cotton and nylon, long sleeve and tank top, mesh panels, adult and plus sizes, etc.