Coach Fontana on James and Cipres | Golden Skate

Coach Fontana on James and Cipres

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Pairs coach Silvia Fontana talks the decision regarding France's 🇫🇷 Vanessa James & Morgan Cipres withdraw from the GP events, 2019 Worlds, last season's short program, and their rivals'attributes, and more on her other students.

https://youtu.be/npPW_HDUC4k

She also briefly talks about USA's Haven Denney and Brandon Frazier as well as France's Kevin Aymoz :love:

What are your thoughts on how James/Morgan will fare at the Olympics? What do they need to do to take the gold?

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Hmm, I'm going to ignore the questions (LOL!) and just say:

1. Woohoo! They'll be around the entire Olympic cycle.
2. The way they are going about making sure #1 happens is very wise. Taking the long view gets me utmost respect. :bow:
3. GS has really upped its game with interviews. :clapper:

CherylDee

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Pairs coach Silvia Fontana talks the decision regarding France's ���� Vanessa James & Morgan Cipres withdraw from the GP events, 2019 Worlds, last season's short program, and their rivals'attributes, and more on her other students.

https://youtu.be/npPW_HDUC4k

She also briefly talks about USA's Haven Denney and Brandon Frazier as well as France's Kevin Aymoz :love:

What are your thoughts on how James/Morgan will fare at the Olympics? What do they need to do to take the gold?

I love their decision to take time off to up their skills and have enough time to craft together uniquely their's short and long programs that will be both the talk and the toast of the town! :love: I think they have just as much chance as any team now to podium at the Olympics, but the Russians are no joke, either.

The Chinese of course are the favorites as it stand now (especially on home turf), but depending on how put together their programs are, the lovely Vanessa & Morgan can rise up, meet the challenge, and prevail, especially if they sit out a few seasons, including next year's Grand Prix too, and just focus on the Nationals, Europeans, and World's. We will miss them like crazy, but if they deliver 2 delectable programs to die for....then it's worth all the pining, yearning, and longing we'll have to suffer and sacrifice for the sake of artistic & technical perfection!

To take the gold, I think they're thinking straight: up their skills, rest their bodies, and take the time to craft the most awe inspiring programs in the history of skating! That's all. :bow:

And just to be a little selfish, it would be nice to watch FS without having a dog in the fight, so that I can sit back and enjoy good skating without being too emotionally invested in the outcome. So I don't know about my favorite Pairs, but this break will do my mind, body, and soul some good! :biggrin:

So yay, Vee & Momo, take as much time as you need, we'll keep the light on for ya! :luv17: