Virtue and Moir announce their retirement from the sport | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Virtue and Moir announce their retirement from the sport

yexiu

Rinkside
The pair that got me into ice dancing. I love them, though expected it is still hard to hear. I hope them all the best in the future, forever the greatest ice dancers in my heart. Thank you Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir, it was an honour to watch you skate.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am shocked. Just out of no where. Who would have thought??? (Sarcasm). I wish them well; who knows what the future holds. Scott is getting married. I believe Tessa has endorsements, ,education opportunities and lots of interests. Scott also I thought was doing some coaching and choreo. The world and especially Canada will miss them..

bunnybarista

If I risk it all, could you break my fall?~
On the Ice
I agree with all of you - I knew they would retire from competitive skating, but I was shocked and heartbroken to hear that they won't be doing show skating anymore. What happened to "Rock the Rink is the FIRST ANNUAL tour"... hard to be annual if it only happens once lol. Seems like they (read: Scott) are making some hasty personal-life decisions that caused this change of heart. I hope they will be like Torvill and Dean and eventually start skating together again for fun.

I became an ice dancer because of Virtue and Moir! I will forever treasure the programs they have put out in the world, their incredible beauty and synchronicity, their outstanding edges and lines, and the passion they showed on the ice. There are so many great ice dance teams out there, but Tessa and Scott will always be #1 in my heart. I'm going to RTR to see them in person for the first and probably last time. :luv17::(:cry:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
maybe... but their previous tour did sell well... and of course, i did react like some and went to ticketmasters wondering if i should buy a ticket or not... a lot of good tickets are sold already. Maybe in other cities it's different, but I don't think it's just a publicity coup.

Surprisingly (or perhaps not) I believe quite a few people do. Well here's hoping they don't become the skating equivalent of The Rolling Stones, who have been doing "farewell tours" since oh about 1822.

Hey, it's a living right?

These two have earned their rest. Humming Thanks for the Memories as I type this...

:thank: