Renowned coach Kathy Casey passes away | Golden Skate

Renowned coach Kathy Casey passes away

labgoat

Updating rewatches...
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
From PSA Facebook Post

"It is with great sadness that we hear of the passing of PSA Past President, Kathy Casey on September 16.
Kathy, a World & Olympic figure skating coach, was the 12th President of the Professional Figure Skating Association from 1989 – 1994.
A legend, extraordinary woman, loved and admired by so many around the world, she will be deeply missed.

PSA Awards presented to Kathy Casey.
*1999 Honorary Member and Lifetime Achievement Award, the highest recognition bestowed by the Association to a member who has given of themselves in time, effort, and dedicated service for many years to accomplish the goals of the PSA (now known as the Shulman Award for Lifetime Achievement)
*PSA Hall of Fame class of 2008, the highest award of recognition by the PSA, the Figure Skating Coaches Hall of Fame recognizes a lifetime of accomplishment in coaching. Through the success of their athletes and/or their profound contribution to the coaching profession these coaches have made a significant impact.
*2009 Sonja Henie Award, presented to a female, professional skater or coach who has brought recognition to the sport in a positive and favorable manner
*2018 F. Ritter Shumway Award, presented to a person in the skating world who has earned distinction for unending dedication and significant contribution to the world of figure skating."

I remember her with Nicole Bobek and Scott Davis always positive with the colorful jackets. Her students were always balanced performers with good spins, jumps & footwork.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Kathy was a wonderful person and a great coach. I heard of her passing a few days ago and am quite saddened by it. May she RIP.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm so sorry to hear this. We talked on and off over the years since meeting at Worlds in DC in 2003. May she rest in peace.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
She seemed so young, so this is a sad surprise indeed.

Deepest sympathy to her friends and family.

noskates

Record Breaker
I'm so sorry to hear this. Kathy Casey was a stalwart supporter of figure skating. Condolences to her family and friends. The sport has lost a great one.