What is the highest possible TES under current rules | Page 3 | Golden Skate

What is the highest possible TES under current rules

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Oh yes i forgot the three jump combo. 98 BV, almost 100. Best layout? I wonder if there is a jumps BV which can break 100 with jumps landed in practice.

Well, theoretically, it could be
4lz-3f
4lz-3lo-3lo
By the way, I also never saw 4lz-3T-3lo.
ps.3lz-4T and 3A instead of 3А-4T and 3lz will also add points due to GOE

Last edited:

lzxnl

Final Flight
Well, theoretically, it could be
4lz-3f
4lz-3lo-3lo
By the way, I also never saw 4lz-3T-3lo.
ps.3lz-4T and 3A instead of 3А-4T and 3lz will also add points due to GOE

I haven't seen anyone land a 3Lz-4T though
Or a 4Lz-3Lo-3Lo
Or a 4Lz-3F (that's really nasty)

gkelly

Record Breaker
I expect the +3T+3Lo on the ends of harder quads before I expect +3Lo+3Lo on the ends of quads, or even triples. It seems to be 1) both difficult and dangerous to the hips to try to control landing from >3 revolutions on one foot without checking back the free leg, and 2) even when it is done (triple something-triple loop combinations, which are still fairly rare), difficult to have enough flow on the landing of the second (loop) jump to be able to put a triple third jump afterward.

Quad landed on the "wrong" foot followed by 3F or 3S is also highly unlikely for technical reasons. For one thing, landing on the other foot means adjusting the air position of the first jump to a different weight distribution from what is used from normal back outside-landing jumps but still being tight enough to achieve multiple rotations on that first jump. And then being able to achieve/maintain enough flow and control on the back inside landing to get a triple jump off of that edge.

For triple something-4T, I think the biggest challenge is keeping enough speed, flow, and control out of the preceding jump to get a quad off the landing. I think most skaters who can do 4T are easily capable of doing solo triples with that much speed and flow. However, getting into them and then out with still enough room left on the ice to jump a quad might be an issue. This might need to be mastered on larger ice surfaces first. Does anyone train anywhere that's larger than standard Olympic-sized ice? Many training rinks esp. in North America are smaller (i.e., NHL sized). And of course some competition venues use NHL surfaces as well, which would be a problem for skaters who have learned to just barely fit such a combination into an Olympic surface.

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Well, that was a theoretical proposition that did not go beyond what was reasonable in this life. As for 3 + 4T, I don’t think it will be more difficult than 3A-4T, just nobody needs it.