Advice for Attending Worlds 2020 in Montreal | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Advice for Attending Worlds 2020 in Montreal

viennaskater

Medalist
I would not recommend taking a child under 10 years old, let alone a toddler, to a figure skating competition. Young children get restless having to sit still for long periods, and they aren't shy about complaining.

The Worlds in Japan this year didn't allow anyone to bring children under a certain age (I forget the exact age) into the event. A rule which I think always should be enforced, but unfortunately it isn't.

aless

Rinkside
hey guys,
idk where to ask this but this thread seemed reasonable enough:

I've bought an all-event ticket from a person who was reselling back when they went on sale. as far as I remember skate canada said tickets were to be sent out in "late fall". now last I've asked this person about my ticket was september, to which they quoted that late fall time at me.
since it's technically now winter and they haven't come to me with my ticket, I wanted to ask if people who bought all event tickets have already gotten theirs, so that I don't have to wrongfully accuse this person of scamming me, but I a lil concerned :confused:

I hope someone can "help" me, so I have some grounds to either not be worried or message that person with good knowledge

macy

Record Breaker
does anyone know where you can purchase resale tickets? i couldn't believe how much full price tickets are when i looked yesterday...and this may be the only time for a few years i'll be able to attend :(

jf12

Final Flight
hey guys,

I've bought an all-event ticket from a person who was reselling back when they went on sale. as far as I remember skate canada said tickets were to be sent out in "late fall". now last I've asked this person about my ticket was september, to which they quoted that late fall time at me.
since it's technically now winter and they haven't come to me with my ticket, I wanted to ask if people who bought all event tickets have already gotten theirs, so that I don't have to wrongfully accuse this person of scamming me, but I a lil concerned :confused:

I hope someone can "help" me, so I have some grounds to either not be worried or message that person with good knowledge

I purchased mine the very first day they went on sale and I didn’t get mine yet.

Ohamyooo

Rinkside
I purchased mine the very first day they went on sale and I didn’t get mine yet.

Same here. Purchased my tickets the first day and still have not received them. Technically it's still autumn, so there are a few weeks for them to be mailed out within the late fall time frame.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
hey guys,

i haven't received my tickets yet.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
does anyone know where you can purchase resale tickets? i couldn't believe how much full price tickets are when i looked yesterday...and this may be the only time for a few years i'll be able to attend :(

You could try the For Sale forum here or the Tickets for Sale thread on FSU.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here is the latest I have seen about ticket delivery on the official website. www.Montreal2020.com

Tickets will be released to fans by January, 2020 and will be delivered by the delivery type selected during the ticket purchase process (electronic ticket or standard mail).

MintGreen

On the Ice
hey guys,

I purchased all event ticket package and haven't got my tickets, nor did I receive any update from the organizer. I don't even know it will be e-ticket or will be mailed. Perhaps that can make you feel a little less worried?

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I spoke to someone with a heartbeat to purchase my tickets. The last step of the process was whether I wanted them mailed or emailed.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I just got an email from Skate Canada

they will be releasing CHEAPER tickets in the 300 level section for Friday and Saturday. We are talking about less than 100 dollar per day tickets. It is what some of us had mentioned, that they would want to sell the good seats first, before opening cheap nose-bleed options. For the young eyes and souls, that's great ! I am happy with paying twice that money though, because I know I will see much better. So for those who have been waiting for that, the new options will be available Thursday, December 5th.

aless

Rinkside
Thanks a lot to everyone who responded to me, it helped my anxiety that I wasted an insane amount of money a lot for now!!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I love Montreal btw. It is a great city.

March can be baltic or nearly tropical. One time we had over 35C in April. Also because it is warmer in March than in January you can get major snowfalls (a few Marches ago we got 50cm of snow) so be prepared. (I live about a 90 minute drive from Montreal- which in Europe might be in another country but in Canada that is nearly a jaunty trip to Costco for a gross of TP)

macy

Record Breaker
does anyone know if GPF tickets are generally cheaper than worlds?

evasorange

Final Flight
Well I have officially given up on going to Montreal. I looked at the cheaper ticket options around 20 minutes after they went on sale and it shows both men’s and women’s free skates being sold out already, which ok this arena looks pretty big so I’m not sure I believe that every single cheaper option sold out in 20 minutes. and the cheapest men’s short and pairs as 178.75, which equals out to be around 89 dollars an event. Still way too expensive for the nose bleed seats. I found my Boston women’s sp ticket for reference and I paid 38 for nosebleeds including their ridiculous fees. It sucks cause me and my family were willing to put down some cash to go but it’s simply too overpriced, especially when you add in hotel and airfare

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I just got an email from Skate Canada

they will be releasing CHEAPER tickets in the 300 level section for Friday and Saturday. We are talking about less than 100 dollar per day tickets. It is what some of us had mentioned, that they would want to sell the good seats first, before opening cheap nose-bleed options. For the young eyes and souls, that's great ! I am happy with paying twice that money though, because I know I will see much better. So for those who have been waiting for that, the new options will be available Thursday, December 5th.

I've just checked, and they're selling for $101.75, which is less than 44% of what I paid ($232.75). I wish I knew for sure when the single tickets were first sold that these cheaper seats would be made available later because I could've attended two days of the competition instead of one. :bang: Oh well. :eek:hwell:

I looked at the cheaper ticket options around 20 minutes after they went on sale and it shows both men’s and women’s free skates being sold out already.

Are you sure about that? At least for me, it doesn't say "SOLD OUT" for Price Level 6 on either Friday or Saturday.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Well I have officially given up on going to Montreal. I looked at the cheaper ticket options around 20 minutes after they went on sale and it shows both men’s and women’s free skates being sold out already, which ok this arena looks pretty big so I’m not sure I believe that every single cheaper option sold out in 20 minutes. and the cheapest men’s short and pairs as 178.75, which equals out to be around 89 dollars an event. Still way too expensive for the nose bleed seats. I found my Boston women’s sp ticket for reference and I paid 38 for nosebleeds including their ridiculous fees. It sucks cause me and my family were willing to put down some cash to go but it’s simply too overpriced, especially when you add in hotel and airfare

do not forget that in montreal, the tickets are valid for the entire day... not just ONE event..

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I've just checked, and they're selling for $101.75, which is less than 44% of what I paid ($232.75). I wish I knew for sure when the single tickets were first sold that these cheaper seats would be made available later because I could've attended two days of the competition instead of one. :bang: Oh well. :eek:hwell:

Are you sure about that? At least for me, it doesn't say "SOLD OUT" for Price Level 6 on either Friday or Saturday.

you will see much better though... i cannot attend thursday nor friday so i picked wednesday and saturday and i am so happy :) even if i could have saved 100 bucks on the saturday ticket... :)

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I love Montreal btw. It is a great city.

March can be baltic or nearly tropical. One time we had over 35C in April. Also because it is warmer in March than in January you can get major snowfalls (a few Marches ago we got 50cm of snow) so be prepared. (I live about a 90 minute drive from Montreal- which in Europe might be in another country but in Canada that is nearly a jaunty trip to Costco for a gross of TP)

So I should wait until the day before I fly out to pack, then? :biggrin: