Passing of Keegan Messing's brother | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Passing of Keegan Messing's brother

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I don't know if anyone else follows Lance Vipond on Facebook but he wrote a lovely post today about attending Skate America and spending time with the Messing family.

Can you give us a specific link? I don't have facebook, so can't search, but sometimes I can see a specific post, if given a link.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
His tribute to Paxon during the gala Sunday was so touching. It was beautiful.

That he could skate at all, much less as well as he did this past weekend, was truly inspiring.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
My Condolences to Keegan Messing

I didn't watch Skate America but saw on a CBC broadcast that Keegan Messing had lost his younger brother in a tragic accident. I watched Keegans moving program and am amazed he was able to get through it and a competition placing 4th! My thoughts and prayers are with Keegan and his family. Also congrats to him for his 4th placement and looking forward to seeing him in Skate Canada and of course the Canadian Championships, also want to congratulate him on his marriage. Love his new short program. Well done Keegan.

:points::bow:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I didn't watch Skate America but saw on a CBC broadcast that Keegan Messing had lost his younger brother in a tragic accident. I watched Keegans moving program and am amazed he was able to get through it and a competition placing 4th! My thoughts and prayers are with Keegan and his family. Also congrats to him for his 4th placement and looking forward to seeing him in Skate Canada and of course the Canadian Championships, also want to congratulate him on his marriage. Love his new short program. Well done Keegan.

:points::bow:

Unless I am missing something major he's not skating in Skate Canada this year...

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
His Short was the most moving of the competition and skated beautifully and that was before I knew he had lost his brother. I felt he should have been on the podium.

Why are you quoting me? My post has nothing to do with yours?! I was answering the person I quoted stating that yes they were right, at Skate Canada this year, Keegan is NOT competing.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Keegan's not. It's Nam, Roman and Nic repping Canada.

And I don't understand that at all. Other than Hanyu of course this men's field looks really weak (comparatively, of course, I am still working on sitting on ice and standing up). I think Keegan would have had a great chance to defend his silver here. Now I've got to nailbite to see if he can squeak into GPF.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Oh goodness, how horrifically tragic for Keegan and his loved ones. :sad21: Life can be so unfair.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
And I don't understand that at all. Other than Hanyu of course this men's field looks really weak (comparatively, of course, I am still working on sitting on ice and standing up). I think Keegan would have had a great chance to defend his silver here. Now I've got to nailbite to see if he can squeak into GPF.

He'll have a really good chance to at CoC. Many skaters who have the option do not do the same GP's every season, many want to see other countries, try other competitions of the GP, see how many different medals they can get.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I know this video is 2.5 weeks late, but I don't have TSN, so it took me a long time to find the clip from the SCI broadcast which mentions the passing of Keegan's brother, and Nam talks about it: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7nw137

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Awww, thx for posting. Such heartfelt comments from Nam. Keegan is a real warrior to have gone out there and skated his GP assignments and have given it his all. So happy he received the warm response we gave him at Skate America.