Andrei Mozalev | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Andrei Mozalev

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Happy birthday to Mozalev, now eligible for seniors under all past, present, future or speculated rules. Alas that it should come in such difficult times.

Rere

Rinkside
Country
Canada
I have just popped in for a quick scream of love and excitement - I am watching the Junior Worlds only now, and - oh my, is not Andrey Mozalev just amazing, and an impossible darling, too? :love::love::love:

He was such an amazingly consistent athlete throughout his loooong first(?) international season, and I love his short program so much - such a joy that he finished it with a world junior title! And he gives an impression of such a lovely and humble person - but with great talent and steely nerves, no doubt!

I hope he has a great future, and I hope to post in this thread often, too!

Rere

Rinkside
Country
Canada
P.S. And, although I was following him for the whole season, it turned out I skipped the fact that he was only 16 all the time - probably he seemed too composed and serious, but was, in fact, so young!

Rere

Rinkside
Country
Canada
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V5TIHrDMRj8&feature=youtu.be

Channel 1 feature on Mozalev. I hadn’t had a chance to check it out yet, but fingers crossed they have super-secret sound capturing equipment in Russia that was rolled out to get him audible. :)

A great interview, thank you! So nice to hear what he thinks of the things, and Andrey sounds like such a reasonable and lovely person <3

Also, I read an interview with his coach somewhere on this forum, and the coach seemed like a very reasonable and caring person as well!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
A great interview, thank you! So nice to hear what he thinks of the things, and Andrey sounds like such a reasonable and lovely person <3

Also, I read an interview with his coach somewhere on this forum, and the coach seemed like a very reasonable and caring person as well!

I know, I am just a little bit worried about going from one quad to three for his first senior season. But this last season, it was incredible for him. I hope that he will do well in senior division, he is very easy for me to root for, with that quiet, hardworking and sweet attitude.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
An excellent short story test skates today, and fingers crossed that if not three, then two quads come together for him. And, as always, can see all the hard work being put in by Mozalev. :hap10:

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Andrei always introduces me to interesting music :biggrin: But if anyone can pull it off, it's him!
That 4F looked great - would be clean if not for the new 'q' rule.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
And another intriguing music selection from Mozalev for the free, with another interesting, well performed skate. It seems that he is entering his first senior season ambitiously.

Okay, Mozalev’s music, in his interview he says there is a part about DeSade, because everyone is going a little insane during quarantine. The other part of music is royalty free music his sister found for him from show dancing. The reporter also asked him about his ability to relate to insanity, since he seems to be a very stable guy. Mozalev replied that he has to portray everything, not just the pretty things.

edit: apparently both short and free are connected through deSade

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
This time, he landed the 4F! Many happy landings and fingers crossed to see 4Lz join it as well. That silver calls for the party! 🥳

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
I really liked the step sequence too :D It's like a point of release from the musical tension that's built up slowly throughout the programme.

Might sound weird but Andrei kind of reminds me of Nathan Chen - not stylistically by any means, but rather in terms of being neat - consistency with jumps, hitting levels on step sequences and spins etc. He just seems like a calm and internally focused guy who's fairly resistant to competition pressure.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I saw people on the life feed starting to compare him to Yagudin. At any rate, it seems that he is starting to break out of the ‘oh, yeah... and Mozalev also skated’ zone, and Godspeed. His 4F impressed Yagudin and Grishin on day 2.

Yagudin went, “but you know, my dear friends, the skater also needs stability and consistency...” Grishin, “Ahem, actually, about that... last season he had but a single blip during short in Russian Junior Nationals...”

Trying to insert podium picture, for good memories, fingers crossed it works

Last edited: