Mariah Bell: 'I'm looking forward to the growth' | Golden Skate

Mariah Bell: 'I'm looking forward to the growth'

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The two-time U.S. National bronze medalist recaps her win at 2019 Nebelhorn Trophy and talks about her training preparation for this season, her approach to competition, training the triple Axel, goals moving forward, and more!

https://youtu.be/bH-K2-RRHrg

I had no idea you could train rabbits! If I didn't have dogs.....:biggrin: Really looking forward to seeing her at IdF and Rostelecom Cup!

Last edited:

macy

Record Breaker
she seems like such a fun person. it's great to hear Adam has become a coach to her and is being a big help. it sounds like he is helping her to figure out how exactly to compete. looking forward to seeing how she progresses through the season!

mrrice

Record Breaker
I love her personality. Let's hope she can stay on the podium. She's off to a great start.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
So cute and utterly likable (Miriah though the bunny is also). Looks more like 16 than 23 but very self aware. I really love that Adam is working with her. I expect good things from her this year. Great about the 3 axel; her 2 is big and covers the ice well so I think it's possible.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I loved her taking about her bunny, I have a rabbit and he is so funny.

skatergurl7

On the Ice
Will be extremely hard to learn a 3A, hopefully won’t have any setbacks with injuries in process.

If mirai could at around the same age, Mariah definitely can! Rooting for her, she’s got the most potential for the US aside from Alysa. Loved her FS from last year.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
This was a nice interview. Not just about herself, but also very admiring of her coaches - yeah our Jump Technique man as well as his most famous student (well, Nathan is too of course) Adam Rippon - but still focussing. She can't beat the Russian ladies with technical tricks but she definitely can show complete skating. The complete package so to speak. Whatever the end results, I hope she keeps it up!

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Rippon is a very good addition. He was usually able to maintain his composure under pressure and rarely gave away points with errors on easier jumps. A lot of skaters would do well to emulate those traits.

readernick

Medalist
So cute and utterly likable (Miriah though the bunny is also). Looks more like 16 than 23 but very self aware. I really love that Adam is working with her. I expect good things from her this year. Great about the 3 axel; her 2 is big and covers the ice well so I think it's possible.

I agree. She has a nice 2A.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
She seems in a very good place! I wonder how she and Romain decided on a rabbit rather than a cat or dog?

Thank you for the interview!

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I love her and so happy she has been wonderful to watch last season and at her challenger comp. go Mariah like the wind!