Favourite Russian Figure Skaters | Golden Skate

Favourite Russian Figure Skaters

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
Hi all,
This is a very general post but I think it's a fun conversation to have.
Here on GS forum, we talk so much about specific skaters is a lot of detail but we hardly ever discuss our personal opinions on them. My favourite Russian figure skater of all time just has to be Alexandra Trusova as she is just AMAZINGGGGGGG and she just has something about her that I am strangely obsessed with [emoji28] Although, I am also a huge fan of Zhenya
Who are your favourite Russian figure skaters?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Ekaterina Gordeeva & Sergei Grinkov are my all time favorite pair from any Country much less Russia specifically. Consequently I'm also a huge fan of Katia's singles career.

Also really loved Alexi Yagudin back in the day. :love:

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
Ekaterina Gordeeva & Sergei Grinkov are my all time favorite pair from any Country much less Russia specifically. Consequently I'm also a huge fan of Katia's singles career.

Also really loved Alexi Yagudin back in the day. :love:
Agreed [emoji108][emoji960]

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Protopopovs:luv17:

GBs mom

Rinkside
Hi all,
My favourite Russian figure skater of all time just has to be Alexandra Trusova as she is just AMAZINGGGGGGG and she just has something about her that I am strangely obsessed with [emoji28] Although, I am also a huge fan of Zhenya

I only really follow the ladies, but would it be wrong to say I love them all? Like you, I do have an especially soft spot for Sasha.

katymay

Medalist
Hi all,
This is a very general post but I think it's a fun conversation to have.
Here on GS forum, we talk so much about specific skaters is a lot of detail but we hardly ever discuss our personal opinions on them. My favourite Russian figure skater of all time just has to be Alexandra Trusova as she is just AMAZINGGGGGGG and she just has something about her that I am strangely obsessed with [emoji28] Although, I am also a huge fan of Zhenya

Trusova brings the excitement, that is for sure. I love all of the girls-3A, and Alina. Kamila and Kseniia. And then I'll watch the Russian novice skaters, and I fall in love with them as well. (I think the little girl named Gorbecheva has huge talent, Veronika and her sister are amazing...and more more more girls are so impressive, even at 10,11 and 12. )

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
G&G, V/T, Medvedeva, Slutskaya, Butryskaya, Tuk, Ilinykh/Katsalopov, Klimova/Ponomarenko, Pogo, Bechke/Petrov, Yags, Urmanov, Krylova/Ovsyannikov, Usova/Zhulin

Skatelife

On the Ice
First spot, I been in love with Russian skaters since Kulik then Yagudin and Plushy, nowadays really like me the 4A, but between the 4A I have my favorites Alina and Sasha, but if Anna or Aliona win the worlds or the GPF will be happy.,😁

readernick

Medalist
Most of my favorite Russian skaters are pairs skaters. There are too many great pairs to list them here but obviously: Ekaterina Gordeeva & Sergei Grinkov, and Volosozhar/Trankov are standouts. Also, Irina Rodnina because of her amazing longevity.

The period were Russian ice dancers dominated was not my favorite because of the overdramatic themes that ruled the day. But Usova/Zhulin were undeniably great .

In terms of men, definitely Alexi Yagudin. I would willingly go back and watch his program again and again.

Historically, I wasn't the biggest fan of any particular Russian female skaters but I do like Maria Butyrskaya. She was definitely a "ladies"skater.

Among those currently competing,

Like everyone else, love Aliona Kostornaia. She's a stunning skater. I like her 3A and I love her SS. Medvedeva is the only skater among the current Russian ladies, imho, who is really good at interpretation. (I like her, too. She seems so fun and joyful.)I am not necessarily a fan of Trusova's skating but I am a huge fan of her. She is so brave and competitive.

Mikhail Kolyada is a beautiful skater despite his inconsistency. I also love Boikova/Kovslovskki ( I adore Tamara Moskvina's choreography). Boikova skates with such joy.

In Junior's, Ksenia Snitsyna is a stunning skater. Artur Danielian is promising.

Skuratov

On the Ice
Historically I remember have watched on TV to Polina Shelepen with a green dress, I felt in love with her but at that time I didn't know her name till recently. Tatiana Navka at the Olympics. Lena Radionova brought me back to watch the figure skating.
Currently my favorite skater is and will be forever Alexandra Trusova, the Before and After of ladies figure skating. The girl who came true Surya Bonaly's dreams, the lady skater who made the impossible possible. Dracarys!!!

skatergurl7

On the Ice
Yulia for her maturity and the ability to move people (in love with her fall leaves program), Lena for her performance quality and expressiveness, Alina for her humble and hardworking personality, Anna for her interpretation and charm, Alena for her attention to detail and movement quality, and Kamila for her flexibility and lines 🥰 honorable mention to Evgenia for her fighting spirit and Sasha for pushing the technical boundaries and being competitive with the men

merleice

Rinkside
Alexei Yagudin, Berezhnaya/Sikharulidze, Evgeni Plushenko, Julia Lipnitskaya, Alena Kostornaya and recently Kamila Valieva.

I also have a soft spot for Elena Radionova and Astakhova/Rogonov.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Definitely Yagudin, Voronov and I have a soft spot for Kolyada (my English and Australian heritage kicking in regarding wounded puppies, probably).

Can't really think of any of the ladies, the current crop, as technically whizzbang as they are, are who put me off the discipline in the first place....

medoroa

On the Ice
The notable ones:

Alexei Urmanov
Alexander Abt
Alexei Yagudin
Ilia Klimkin
Dmitri Aliev

Berezhnaya/Sikharulidze (best pairs in the history of the discipline)
Mishkutionok/Dmitriev
Stolbova/Klimov

I care less about ladies and ice dance, but Usova/Zhulin. Can't think of any ladies. :( Kostornaia might become my favorite depending on how her senior career plays out.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am going to take the liberty and include Russia and all it is derivatives ie Soviet Union, Unified etc.

Gordeeva and Grinkov - simple a love story on ice. Magic.

B/S - such wonderful skating qualities

Maria Butyrskaya - a real woman and underdog - skated with sophistication

Irina Slutskaya - power and joy

Klimoa and Ponomarenko - pure dancers/skaters

usova and Zhulin pure passion on ice

Mishnetunek and Dimitriev (sorry don't know her name - Natalya is the first) - poetry on ice, such beauty

Alexei Yagudin - a complete male skater

Yulia Lipinskaya - he SL was and is the bomb - epic

The puberty fighters - all so wonderful - Zagitova, Alexandra, Anna, Aliona, Alena, Evgenia, Sotnikova

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Which is what we all did. :rolleye::sarcasm:

I'm adding Viktor Petrenko to my list btw.