Let’s Dance! 2019-2020 Season | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Let’s Dance! 2019-2020 Season

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I think that after SkAm, Z/G should perhaps be a little nervous - I know that they beat Carreira/Ponomarenko but that was only by around 1 point when Z/G didn't make any huge errors

I agree with you. I’ve always liked Z/G; I think they have a unique look on the ice and have plenty to offer the sport. To me their approach seems to bridge the Russian and Euro traditions of dance, and as a result, is interesting. But that RD is not good, and I don’t see anything in it that expresses that musical. The FD seemed very dated to me. If Popova/Mosgov do well in Skate Canada this week, I think that they will be well-positioned to establish themselves as Russia #3.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Zahorski & Guerreiro are still dealing with her knee injury issues, which is probably of much more concern to them. I'm sure they know the programs need work, but knee injuries are a major issue in dance and at this point, I'm sure the most important thing isn't worrying about competition they may never even go up against this season or even improving their programs--which I'm sure they know need time and effort--but that they find a way for her to train.