2019 Skate America: Day 1 - Thoughts and Highlights | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2019 Skate America: Day 1 - Thoughts and Highlights

Elucidus

Match Penalty
I still think Shcherbakova's got this for the ladies. Tech base value will rise to the top in the Free Skate.

I am afraid it won't. Her quads are gonna to be dinged with URs - whether she'll rotate them or not. Judging by what tech calls were so far for Russian ladies - tech panel here are especially "strict" with them - to the point that any not ideal landing with lots of snow and/or suspicious curve on exit is gonna be called. Whether there will be 90 degree of UR, 80 or 70 - no one is going to check it. That, and having her ideal landings on 4Lzs is unlikely due to how hard this jump is - i.e. seeing her practice quads today it appears they all were barely rotated or URed.

Warwick360

Medalist
Just a general thought, but I'm getting tired of all these full-length pop song programs, because there often isn't much variety in the music... Bradie Tennell was never a favorite of mine, but in this regard I found her short program to be really refreshing.

In regards to pop song use, I could not agree more. While not pop itself, Keegan's skate to Guns and Roses' November rain was such a bore. Love Keegan, love November rain, but hate the complete lack of editing or creative approach towards the music in hand. :palmf:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
KAORI SAKAMOTO :rock: :agree:

Kaori-chan is a soothing balm to my eyes when ever she takes the ice. -not to mention her expressions in the kiss and cry!:biggrin: I feel she's always taking the judges to task in her mind for not giving her the right scores.