What are some questions you've always wanted to ask a figure skater? | Golden Skate

What are some questions you've always wanted to ask a figure skater?

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
So, in this hypothetical scenario I get to decide which skater I get to meet? :biggrin: Then I have a list that's about a mile long, but to bring out the essentials:

Junhwan: Do your boots fit??? Are your ankles all right??
Yuzuru: Are your ankles okay???????

In other words, what I ask online everyday LOL

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
To Yuzuru: "Please give me every detail of your workout and training routines."

Wait, that's not a question.

"Could you please give me every detail of your workout and training routines?" :biggrin:

Warwick360

Medalist
To anyone who uses golden blades.....why do you keep persisting on the golden blades? Personally find them tacky looking.:disapp:

ruga

Final Flight
I always wondered how does it feel to jump. Do they get dizzy after making 3-4 rotations in the air? Doesn't landing hurt? How tired are they after landing one?

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
Why do you enjoy something that involves so much falling? :p
The falling doesn't actually hurt most of the time since you get so used to it, I'm weird but I quite like the feeling of falling [emoji23] Everything else to do with skating/all the good stuff, makes up for the injuries and cold and makes everything worth it [emoji108]

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
I always wondered how does it feel to jump. Do they get dizzy after making 3-4 rotations in the air? Doesn't landing hurt? How tired are they after landing one?
I mean I can't do triples and quads but I can do doubles and tbh, when I jump, it doesn't really feel like anything because I am so focused on trying to rotate and land the jump [emoji23]... Sometimes when I do basic jumps like singles and ones that don't rotate, eg. split jumps, Russian split jumps, it feels fun and when u jump really high it's like you're flying!! [emoji16] I don't get dizzy during jumps but I do in spins sometimes [emoji13]
Landing can hurt but generally not, what is bad is the general impact of jumping over a long period of time from so many jumps, it can affect the skaters whole body, not just the leg they land their jumps on. I use shock resistant insoles in my skates so they help.
As a skater, I must say that my stamina isn't great so I tend to get tired of jumping after maybe like 5-10 double jumps during a session, then I need a break
Hope this helped : )

ruga

Final Flight
I mean I can't do triples and quads but I can do doubles and tbh, when I jump, it doesn't really feel like anything because I am so focused on trying to rotate and land the jump [emoji23]... Sometimes when I do basic jumps like singles and ones that don't rotate, eg. split jumps, Russian split jumps, it feels fun and when u jump really high it's like you're flying!! [emoji16] I don't get dizzy during jumps but I do in spins sometimes [emoji13]
Landing can hurt but generally not, what is bad is the general impact of jumping over a long period of time from so many jumps, it can affect the skaters whole body, not just the leg they land their jumps on. I use shock resistant insoles in my skates so they help.
As a skater, I must say that my stamina isn't great so I tend to get tired of jumping after maybe like 5-10 double jumps during a session, then I need a break
Hope this helped : )

Thank you for your answer :) it has given me a more clear picture of how jumping feels. I personally can barely stand on skates, so it's sometimes difficult to connect to the skaters.

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
Thank you for your answer :) it has given me a more clear picture of how jumping feels. I personally can barely stand on skates, so it's sometimes difficult to connect to the skaters.
That's okay, I started skating a little later than most people and I could never really understand what it felt like to be a skater, sometimes you need to do the thing to fully understand how it feels [emoji4]

VegMom

On the Ice
To anyone who uses golden blades.....why do you keep persisting on the golden blades? Personally find them tacky looking.:disapp:

haha, I asked my skater if he liked them and he responded, "Duh, who wouldn't like gold blades?" I explained that some people think they're ostentatious and he just brushed off the idea, basically saying that if you don't like over-the-top bling then figure skating isn't for you. hahahahahaha

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
haha, I asked my skater if he liked them and he responded, "Duh, who wouldn't like gold blades?" I explained that some people think they're ostentatious and he just brushed off the idea, basically saying that if you don't like over-the-top bling then figure skating isn't for you. hahahahahaha
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
I'd ask what kind of presents they enjoy the most, and what their audience pet peeves are. One can guess well enough oneself, but never hurts to hear it confirmed, and as for presents, I am sometimes clueless.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
What's a question that you always wanted to be asked, but no one ever does?
-So often reports ask only the same 5-10 questions. It must be so boring.

Last edited:

macy

Record Breaker
how are they so resilient with long flights overseas or even across a continent? what's their plan of action when they have back to back GP events?

i can't imagine how tiring that must be...and then having to pull out a loaded freeskate with triples and/or quads usually later at night. yikes.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Are those contrived forced sit-downs in the K&C, and especially that waiting room where you sit backstage with current leaders...

Are those moments as awkward as they look? Do you hate doing that, because I would?

What would happen if you refused to do it?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
1. TArasova and Morozov what were you thinking with Candyman?
2. Nathan what's with the floral blouse?
3. Gracie do you really want to skate now?
4. Carolina K - are you really planning to come back
5. Mervin tran - in a year what country do you see yourself skating for