2019 Skate America: Day 2 - Thoughts and Highlights | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2019 Skate America: Day 2 - Thoughts and Highlights

alexaa

Final Flight
It's still not 6 quads Chen's program in Oly season - but even he can't do that program again with new repetitions rules - unless he is gonna learn 4Lo.? Obviously.
Just comment on the 4lo, he successfully did 4lo in US Classic and JO back 2017.

But you are right he is not going to have 6 quad program soon, as he has no intention to bring it back this season. He tried last year but gave it up after JO, probably because he is training mostly by himself without supervision, while learns to balance school and skating.

He has other goals this season. So we would probably won’t see 4lo until he quits school and is training full time with Raf. Sasha might do it before he adds it in the program.

century2009

On the Ice
Just comment on the 4lo, he successfully did 4lo in US Classic and JO back 2017.

But you are right he is not going to have 6 quad program soon, as he has no intention to bring it back this season. He tried last year but gave it up after JO, probably because he is training mostly by himself without supervision, while learns to balance school and skating.

He has other goals this season. So we would probably won’t see 4lo until he quits school and is training full time with Raf. Sasha might do it before he adds it in the program.

It feels like their plan is for Nathan to perfect each quad back. So this year the 4S is back and still has his 4Lz, 4F, and 4T.

Next year I feel like he will do 4Lo back. And then maybe 4Axel by the Olympic given how his 3A is doing well.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What you said, but also the song is a farcical Broadway tune for an over-the-top, campy character, Dolly Winslow. In context, I don't see it as celebrating "sugar daddyism" anymore than Sweeney Todd advocates for cannibalism. :) Taking things out context distorts them.

Couldn't agree more. And the song was written by Cole Porter, one of the best in the business. He was known for his clever lyrics and unusual tone progressions.

VenusHalley

Final Flight
That's her choreographer's signature transitions out of jumps for her; I love her programs, I watch her skate and tell that she listens and moves to the music but my complaint of her SP after test skates was there was no variety in and out of jumps.

Leg kicking seems to be new "it" thing in team Eteri.

So even if I see they are all talented... I hope few years from now the entire GPF is not team Eteri ladies doing the same thing. Of course leg kicking will be passe by then... it will be something new, but equally riddiculous.

unless ISU starts deducing PCS for transitions for sake of transitions. Whatever happened to it being a meaningful connection as opposed to "Killing invisible allien enemy with my blade"?

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Leg kicking seems to be new "it" thing in team Eteri.

So even if I see they are all talented... I hope few years from now the entire GPF is not team Eteri ladies doing the same thing. Of course leg kicking will be passe by then... it will be something new, but equally riddiculous.

unless ISU starts deducing PCS for transitions for sake of transitions. Whatever happened to it being a meaningful connection as opposed to "Killing invisible allien enemy with my blade"?

Hahaha. Sorry, not laughing at the post as such but I'm visualising all these tiny girls killing (invisible) alien enemies. Could be a netflix series: instead of charlies angels we get Eteri's girls, and not criminals but aliens.

Elucidus said:
If you want to find the perpetrator - seek the beneficiars.

That is why these cosmic evil conspiracy scenarios just don't pan out. The tech panel at Skate America consisted of a German, a a Swiss, and an Italian. How did any of these countries or individuals benefit if Bradie Tennell scored higher than Elizaveta Tuktamysheva?

The judges (leaving out USA, who might cheat for Bradie, and Japan, who might want to hold Tuktamysheva down to benefit Rika Kihiri) represented China, Canada, Australia, Kazakhstan, Spain, and Korea. None of these countries or individuals has a horse in the race nor any stake in the outcome.

Did Tennell get away with an UR on her second Lutz combo? Nor really: 7 of the 9 judges gave her negative GOE for it, even after it was downgraded to a double.

Last edited:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Jason and Bradie were highlights for me... but, as a super fan of all the "Pirates" films, Alexei Bychenko's FS was a standout ... the opening music ... " ... yo ho, haul together, hoist the colors high..." is from my absolute favorite scene in all the movies put together!!! :yahoo: my sister and I watched the movie together... that scene gave us both chills... Alexei did it justice..:love:

Elucidus

Match Penalty
That is why these cosmic evil conspiracy scenarios just don't pan out. The tech panel at Skate America consisted of a German, a a Swiss, and an Italian. How did any of these countries or individuals benefit if Bradie Tennell scored higher than Elizaveta Tuktamysheva?

The judges (leaving out USA, who might cheat for Bradie, and Japan, who might want to hold Tuktamysheva down to benefit Rika Kihiri) represented China, Canada, Australia, Kazakhstan, Spain, and Korea. None of these countries or individuals has a horse in the race nor any stake in the outcome.

Did Tennell get away with an UR on her second Lutz combo? Nor really: 7 of the 9 judges gave her negative GOE for it, even after it was downgraded to a double.
It doesn't matter of what nationality TP members are as long as they are motivated enough to do what they asked for by a one or another third party. Be it bribery or something else.
Also just wanted to leave it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTJe4ksG_RE :rolleye:

It doesn't matter of what nationality TP members are as long as they are motivated enough to do what they asked for by a one or another third party. Be it bribery or something else.

This is all just imaginings, completely free of any data or verifiable facts. We have no rational ground for speculation that anyone was bribed or asked by any third party to compromise their ethics. A video of someone skating is not evidence of anything. -- it's just someone skating.

readernick

Medalist
This is all just imaginings, completely free of any data or verifiable facts. We have no rational ground for speculation that anyone was bribed or asked by any third party to compromise their ethics. A video of someone skating is not evidence of anything. -- it's just someone skating.

Don't be logical and ask for facts! It takes away all fun of the conspiracy theory if someone wants "proof" and "facts" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Elucidus

Match Penalty
Don't be logical and ask for facts! It takes away all fun of the conspiracy theory if someone wants "proof" and "facts" ����������

In fact I could prove it much more providing lots of data revealing that almost all skaters - not only American - had high amount of uncalled huge URs there. In SP, in FP, everywhere. Even you should admit that there were lots of rather weak skaters, which were getting their usual URs in their previous competitions and some of them were in rather bad form or recovering from injuries. Yet all of them magically became excellent rotators there :rolleye:
It all looks like TP was going to seek URs only in Russians :confused2: It sounds ridiculous for me, tbh - but I can't find another explanation :confused: It's hard to argue with a persons who aren't used to determine URs themselves or too biased to admit anything though. Of course I can't prove to them anything considering that I wuold have zero credibility in their eyes. Therefore I would really like help from some respected person and being absolutely neutral himself - with technical experience in determining URs - who could do the role of a mediator here and either claim that most skaters were indeed absolutely clean and only Russians couldn't rotate their jumps - or that TP indeed gave nonequal and unfair treatment there to skaters based on their nationality.

readernick

Medalist
In fact I could prove it much more providing lots of data revealing that almost all skaters - not only American - had high amount of uncalled huge URs there. In SP, in FP, everywhere. Even you should admit that there were lots of rather weak skaters, which were getting their usual URs in their previous competitions and some of them were in rather bad form or recovering from injuries. Yet all of them magically became excellent rotators there :rolleye:
It all looks like TP was going to seek URs only in Russians :confused2: It sounds ridiculous for me, tbh - but I can't find another explanation :confused: It's hard to argue with a persons who aren't used to determine URs themselves or too biased to admit anything though. Of course I can't prove to them anything considering that I wuold have zero credibility in their eyes. Therefore I would really like help from some respected person and being absolutely neutral himself - with technical experience in determining URs - who could do the role of a mediator here and either claim that most skaters were indeed absolutely clean and only Russians couldn't rotate their jumps - or that TP indeed gave nonequal and unfair treatment there to skaters based on their nationality.

It sounds ridiculous because it is. Which is why your posts are so funny. You are going on every thread to push this ridiculous theory. The TP reviewed jumps with. ugly landings. Anna and Liza had some sketchy landings, their jumps were reviewed and they were under. So, they got called... simple. I do agree that Bradie's lutz is ! but so is Anna's and most other ladies skaters ( exceptions being Liza, Rika and a few lower ranked skaters like Karen Chen)and very few ladies ever get a !. So, this call is not surprising. The rest of your video just shows your ability to stop right before a skaters blade hits the ice to give the impression there was an UR when one really did not exist. Please move on from this particular conspiracy. I am sure you will find another one next week. ( you have had a conspiracy post for almost every competition this season... have fun!)

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

You do realise, don't you? - that you are actually doing a sterling job of pushing people to side with and cheer for Bradie even if they didn't at first...

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
You do realise, don't you? - that you are actually doing a sterling job of pushing people to side with and cheer for Bradie even if they didn't at first...

That is true!

The way she is being endlessly bashed and used as a pawn in this silly conspiracy game, I feel so bad for her and stick up for her.

readernick

Medalist

Completely true! Most people don't like seeing others get bullied. And that is how I would define this behavior. It is bullying.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That's fair. But if you took away those quads, who do you think would have won? For the sake of argument, substitute in triples for the quads.

I think she'd probably have won anyway.

I think Bradie would have won. She put down 2 complete, mature, athletic and artistic programs, clean except for one jump.

Apparently I was watching something different than everyone else. In my opinion Anna skated from jump to jump, with a couple spins because they’re required. There was just no there there for me. And Bradie not only isn’t my favorite skater, she’s not even my favorite US lady.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
you do realise, don't you? - that you are actually doing a sterling job of pushing people to side with and cheer for bradie even if they didn't at first...

GO BRADIE GO!
GO BRADIE GO!
GO BRADIE GO!
GO BRADIE GO!
GO BRADIE GO!
GO BRADIE GO!
GO BRADIE GO!
GO BRADIE GO!
GO BRADIE GO!
GO BRADIE GO!

:hap10: