Tuktamysheva's scores | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Tuktamysheva's scores

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Liza is royally p@ssed off about her scores compared to the young wonders in her own country. To see these kids come up and hit scores and PCS that she dreams about cannot be easy for her to take. Her sometimes snarky attitude should not matter. An old friend once said people are only human and when Liza is being snarky it is human and real.

The writing has been on the wall for years. We all saw this coming. Don't get why she's acting all surprised Pikachu.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
She's mad because she thinks that her scores are too low, not because wonder kids beat her imo. And it's understable.
It's refreshing to see a real reaction for once, not a fake smile.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Sometimes a real reaction is not appropriate.
Would you applaud her if she swore loudly or threw something in frustration? They're all real human reactions but frowned upon regardless

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Would you applaud her if she swore loudly or threw something in frustration? Both are real human reactions but frowned upon regardless

She didn't do that and wouldn't do that imo. It's another level of reaction. I talked about her actual reaction and imo it was normal. I don't see the scandal.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
She didn't do that and wouldn't do that imo. It's another level of reaction. I talked about her actual reaction and imo it was normal. I don't see the scandal.

No scandal, it is just that snark, attitude and sneering no matter how normal it is probably won't help endear the judges towards her.
She needs them on her side if she wants to stay in the mix for podiums.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
At this rate i don't think a bright smile will help her anyway. As she's a fighter, she will just do her job, stand on her two feet as usual, and do snarky faces if she still gets low scores.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
There's a difference between being a fighter and giving the judges every reason to continue sending her such obvious messages with her scores.
The best way Liza can fight, is to knuckle down, work hard and improve her programs.

skatefan17

On the Ice
I saw her skate in person this weekend and she deserved second place, almost first place had Anna missed any jumps. And this is as a big Bradie fan. Absolutely crazy non rational judging. Elizaveta received a standing ovation as well.

starla16

Medalist
There's a difference between being a fighter and giving the judges every reason to send her such obvious messages with her scores.
The best way Liza can fight, is to knuckle down, work hard and improve her programs.

well Liza isnt the first one remember Ashley Wagner ? I didn't read much people complaining about nastiness of her expressions only attitude wise.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Yes she is human, but the attitude will not do her any favours in the judges eyes. Athletes are expected to behave with a certain amount of decorum, grace and sportsmanship.
Ashley Wagner was also very outspoken and snarky, making comments on the judging of her and other's scores.
It doesn't usually help their cause to act that way, no matter how naturally human it is.
Continuing to sneer at her scores will not help Liza earn better scores, but might make things worse instead.
Good God man judges should be above all that. Judges should just do their job on what they see to the best of their ability and not care what any of the skaters are thinking or wondering. if the judges can't handle a sneer or eye roll from the skater they need to find something else to do.
She's mad because she thinks that her scores are too low, not because wonder kids beat her imo. And it's understable.
It's refreshing to see a real reaction for once, not a fake smile.
True.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
I saw her skate in person this weekend and she deserved second place, almost first place had Anna missed any jumps. And this is as a big Bradie fan. Absolutely crazy non rational judging. Elizaveta received a standing ovation as well.

The audience were great, very appreciative of all the skaters not just the top 3.
But...I respectfully disagree that she should have been second. Bradie skated two excellent programs with only one small error, her performance skills and artistry have improved so much.
Both Anna and Liza were behind after the SP, because of their own mistakes. While Anna roared ahead in the free, Liza did not do enough to overtake Bradie.
Had Anna bombed, the gold was almost certainly Bradie's.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Would you applaud her if she swore loudly or threw something in frustration? They're all real human reactions but frowned upon regardless
Swearing loudly and throwing things is not the same as an eye-roll or a sneer and you well know it.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Good God man judges should be above all that. Judges should just do their job on what they see to the best of their ability and not care what any of the skaters are thinking or wondering. if the judges can't handle a sneer or eye roll from the skater they need to find something else to do.

I do not mean that the judges would be petty and deliberately lowball her for her attitude.
I meant that they will continue to send her the message that what she is doing isn't good enough and that she needs to improve in many areas. If she chooses to ignore that message and just sneer then she's only harming her own chances.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I also like Liza's authentic reactions. But then, I liked Ashley's too. But her best advocate must be her own coach (who isn't biased of course, hihihi) who sees her as a role model in a way for all those girls/ladies who are older than 15, have mature female bodies and still wish to skate and compete. And so I do. Although Liza is still young (22?), she's a woman allright. One who jumps perfect 3 A's.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Swearing loudly and throwing things is not the same as an eye-roll or a sneer and you well know it.

I know that they are more extreme examples. They're still real reactions though, ones I have no trouble admitting I feel like doing sometimes. Lol

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Liza reactions are actually more like Sarcasm than Tantrums

They are.
There are still better ways to express her disappointment, I'm not judging her, like everyone says she's only human. I just worry that she's not helping herself if she continues to react that way.
I like her fire, and hope she can channel that into improving and

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
well Liza isnt the first one remember Ashley Wagner ? I didn't read much people complaining about nastiness of her expressions only attitude wise.

And before Liza and Ashley, there was Irina Slutskaya, who thought she should have won 2001 Worlds and the 2002 Olympics. Her federation actually filed a formal protest over her second place finish at the Olympics. And before her, there was Surya Bonaly. Liza’s reaction is nothing compared to Surya’s!