Best skates for beginner??? | Golden Skate

Best skates for beginner???

dreamingangel

Spectator
so, I just started skating at age 15! I've had a few ankle twists in my lifetime, but nothing since age 12. Since Christmas is coming up and, doing the math, renting out skates every week during the season and just buying a normal beginning pair kinda evens out. What are a coupled of the best starting brands for teens? Thanks! :)

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
so, I just started skating at age 15! I've had a few ankle twists in my lifetime, but nothing since age 12. Since Christmas is coming up and, doing the math, renting out skates every week during the season and just buying a normal beginning pair kinda evens out. What are a coupled of the best starting brands for teens? Thanks! :)
Jackson's Mystiques with the fitted blade were my first skates and I thought they were very good for a beginner
I would recommend them [emoji108]

bostonskaterguy86

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Jackson and Reidell both offer good quality beginners’ skates. I’d strongly recommend seeing a good fitter who has experience fitting figure skates if at all possible - they can help you get the right skate that will provide enough support to keep you safe while skating but also not be more expensive than you need for your skating level. The two brands fit differently so you’ll want to see if you can try them both on to make sure you pick the one that feels better on your feet.

bunnybarista

If I risk it all, could you break my fall?~
On the Ice
Jackson's Mystiques with the fitted blade were my first skates and I thought they were very good for a beginner
I would recommend them [emoji108]

The lowest I'd think of starting in would be the Jackson Artistes. They are sturdy enough to last you through basic skills, but very easy to break in. However, your first step should be to find a reputable fitter, like bostonskaterguy86 suggests. This is so important! They can help you identify what brand fits you best and what model fits your goals/size best.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Start off with Jacksons, then once you figure out what you like, you can switch to custom/ another brand.

They should start out with whatever fits their foot personally better. Fitted to them!

Also, this is a dead thread, Christmas is over.

AliGray

Spectator
Commenting on this thread since I have a similar question, only I'm 25 and the problem is I live in the Netherlands, there are no figure skate fitters here (if you know of any, please let me know, I couldn't find anyone).

The people at the local shop recommended Jackson Excel, but now I'm reading here and in other places online that they're too soft even for beginners (I'm not too tall and relatively light, would like to continue with classes until jumps in... some time). I haven't bought them yet bc they didn't have my size, but I think they might not fit me anyway, since I tried a size bigger and my toes were touching the end in a quite uncomfortable way, while it was clearly to wide around the foot and ankle? So I think even my "right" size might not fit me. Do all Jackson boots have a wide fit like that? Are other brands different? The shop also has Riedells, but they're puzzlingly expensive (so I haven't tried them yet), and I could travel to other cities to try Edeas (I really want to try the skates on in person)

Also would be happy for recommendations of shops in the Netherlands with multiple figure skate brands and a good stock of adult sizes, it's really difficult for a newcomer to find a good shop

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
AliGray, you would be better off starting a new thread. People tend to ignore (or get cross) when old threads are revived. Start afresh and you will get more attention and help. :)

AliGray

Spectator
Okay, thank you! I mostly post on Reddit where people don't like 7828372973 new threads on the same topic, so I thought it was the same here haha