USFS announces cities for Nationals 2021 and 2022 | Golden Skate

USFS announces cities for Nationals 2021 and 2022

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
San Jose again:drama:

I had heard rumors about Nashville before; prepare for many Scott Hamilton sightings:biggrin:

lusterfan

Final Flight
Darn, I got excited for a minute (I'm from California). :laugh:

I think a bit of a misunderstanding due to seasons and years not perfectly aligning, but for clarification:

2020 US Nationals for the 2019-2020 Season will be in Greensboro, North Carolina.

2021 US Nationals for the 2020-2021 Season will be in San Jose, California.

2022 US Nationals for the 2021-2022 Season will be in Nashville, Tennessee.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That was my thought exactly about San Jose! It was a good arena, but right away I think of the expensive plane fare. At least we know there's a hotel within walking distance of the arena. I see quite a few hotels within walking distance (.2, .4 miles) from the Nashville Bridgestone Arena, so that's a good thing too. With 2022 being an Oly year, the competition is really early (January 3-9).

YIKES! Thx for the correction lusterfan! I got so excited I wrote the wrong dates! Sorry folks! :palmf: (The mods have corrected now -- thank you)

charmblade

Final Flight
Well, I'm a little bummed Boston won't be hosting again any time soon, but Nashville is almost as good for me. It's basically my hometown and my mom lives close by so I'd have free housing if I went down. The main problem would be figuring out what to do with a 2-year old- take her with me? Have her stay home with my husband? But this is definitely a possibility for me!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh no. San Jose and Gracie might be there. And it is 2,045 miles. That is at best a 2.5 day drive. That is REALLY bad. (I don’t fly due to having 2 autoimmune disorders and I can’t imagine navigating airports with a walker. It would preclude me from even bringing a carryon.). There are always going to be some I can’t go to....but Gracie...

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
That was my thought exactly about San Jose! It was a good arena, but right away I think of the expensive plane fare. At least we know there's a hotel within walking distance of the arena. I see quite a few hotels within walking distance (.2, .4 miles) from the Nashville Bridgestone Arena, so that's a good thing too. With 2022 being an Oly year, the competition is really early (January 3-9).

YIKES! Thx for the correction lusteran! I got so excited I wrote the wrong dates! Sorry folks! :palmf: (The mods have corrected now -- thank you)

I called the arena hotel, the cheepest best option. I stayed there twice. They dont have rates yet but they said to call back at the end of December. Its normally $139 with an unlimited bacon breakfast and a whole foods store between it and the arena for skater sightings. Other hotels are near and some are cheep but you will have a walk. Many are not so cheep and you will have a walk. Looks like I am gonna have to put off my Hawaiin Cruise one more year....Remember, if you join FOFS, you get early choice of seats before the mongrul hoards.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
San Jose!!!!!! My city again!!!! Pinch me.

I really like San Jose for a venue. Arena hotel, great arena, whole foods store, near great restaurants. I have been there twice and it is one of the few venues that can lure me back to Nats.....great place to spend some time in the winter....

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I called the arena hotel, the cheepest best option. I stayed there twice. They dont have rates yet but they said to call back at the end of December. Its normally $139 with an unlimited bacon breakfast and a whole foods store between it and the arena for skater sightings. Other hotels are near and some are cheep but you will have a walk. Many are not so cheep and you will have a walk. Looks like I am gonna have to put off my Hawaiin Cruise one more year....Remember, if you join FOFS, you get early choice of seats before the mongrul hoards.

Ah! My favorite bloodhound! :laugh: I knew I could count on you. I was going to call tomorrow! That was the absolute best having Whole Foods right there. There was also a CVS nearby which was great for grabbing a few snacks, pop for the room refrigerator, etc. The breakfast wasn't elaborate but had a little bit of everything, including protein.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Ah! My favorite bloodhound! :laugh: I knew I could count on you. I was going to call tomorrow! That was the absolute best having Whole Foods right there. There was also a CVS nearby which was great for grabbing a few snacks, pop for the room refrigerator, etc. The breakfast wasn't elaborate but had a little bit of everything, including protein.

Yes! I forgot about the CVS...seems like a small thing but very handy for adult beverages and snacks....I do like the breakfast.....yes, its not the best breakfast buffet you have ever been to but you wont go away hungery and its easy to eat with your friends in the big room. Try buying that breakfast at somewhere else there and see what you pay with tip. Big breakfast, light lunch at the whole foods, and dinner at one of the nearby nicer places....and skating too!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Just to show you I am not just another pretty face, here is a map of the area. In progress. Sorry about the low res. but forum limitations wont allow me bigger.
Note the Arena has a whole foods store just to the West and the Arena hotel is the next complex over to the west. 1200 ft away from the arena. The CVS is on the west side of the Arena Hotel.
Hotel prices are bogus but are also relative. The more expensive ones are to the east and are safe walking at night. They are near the good eateries. This map is just a prelim and I will offer my
more comprehensive high res. map later to attendees. I have been there twice and really like it. In the past, food and water were allowed to be brought in early in the week. Policies change. The secondary
venue is cold as the gates of , well, but its an easy "shared ride" ride away and its a very nice facility. Hint. Try to arrive at San jose by plane at off traffic hours and you will have a more pleasant ride to the
Hotels. BTW, its easy to make your own map on google maps and make a JPG out of it and add text. Phones are great on site but for planning, maps are good.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can vouch for the SAP Center being an excellent venue and they have a lax policy for bringing in outside food. People were bringing in large bags from Whole Foods all the time. Unfortunately, lots of skaters and spectators were ill during the competition. We called it the Crud.

I probably won't be making the cross country flight next year to San Jose but Nashville could work. I like going to Nationals prior to the Olympics and it's a much shorter flight.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nashville is a fantastic city. This is an excellent choice.

Bridgestone is a great arena, although I have't been to a sporting event there.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nashville is a fantastic city. This is an excellent choice.

Bridgestone is a great arena, although I have't been to a sporting event there.

I am not familiar with Nashville personally, but a friend tells me there are many hotels within walking distance (as in a few blocks) of the arena. Sounds like it should be super convenient.