USFS announces cities for Nationals 2021 and 2022 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

USFS announces cities for Nationals 2021 and 2022

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I can vouch for the SAP Center being an excellent venue and they have a lax policy for bringing in outside food. People were bringing in large bags from Whole Foods all the time. Unfortunately, lots of skaters and spectators were ill during the competition. We called it the Crud.

I probably won't be making the cross country flight next year to San Jose but Nashville could work. I like going to Nationals prior to the Olympics and it's a much shorter flight.

I forgot about the sickness...IIRC Karen Chen was a victum. One lady died of the flu.....The Crud made is way around my friends to where you wanted to be careful who you socialized with....a five week bronchitis is still in Spokane right now...I hope Zach is better.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I am not familiar with Nashville personally, but a friend tells me there are many hotels within walking distance (as in a few blocks) of the arena. Sounds like it should be super convenient.

Since its the Oly year, and starts, what? Jan 4th or something, I wonder if they are gonna split things up oddly as they have done before?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
BTW, if you like the event site choices that Bob Dunlop , USFS event chairperson , is making, give him an email. He has a hard job balancing fan interesting with dollars in and dollars out.....I told him why I like San Jose and Vegas.....
Bob Dunlop
Contact details
[email protected]

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
BTW, if you like the event site choices that Bob Dunlop , USFS event chairperson , is making, give him an email. He has a hard job balancing fan interesting with dollars in and dollars out.....I told him why I like San Jose and Vegas.....
Bob Dunlop
Contact details
[email protected]

I hate these choices..so I will be emailing him as well...

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I hate these choices..so I will be emailing him as well...

And that is fine. I respectfully suggest you be polite, positive and professional and let him know the good, the bad and the ugly on why there were poor choices. That is what I did when he chose Cleveland, arguably the worst place in the universe for a skating event.

skatemore

Rinkside
The SAP center in San Jose is also very close to a CalTrain station, which makes it easily accessible from a range of towns north and south. For people looking for cheaper accommodations, it might be worth exploring some other communities near by (although nothing is particularly cheap in the SF/SJ area.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And that is fine. I respectfully suggest you be polite, positive and professional and let him know the good, the bad and the ugly on why there were poor choices. That is what I did when he chose Cleveland, arguably the worst place in the universe for a skating event.

I always try to be polite. I do like the way they have traditionally had it on the East Coast, middle of the country, and West Coast so that everyone has an opportunity to attend. I am fine with the fact there will be some on the West Coast and that those are the ones I will not be able to attend. Iā€™d be very sad if they were ALL on the West Coast and that I could not go to any.

Detroit was amazing. They have a gorgeous facility.

RobinA

On the Ice
Northeast? Mid Atlantic? Oh well. Saves me money. Although itā€™s been awhile since I was at an event.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Nashville!! You know what, I might actually be able to make that happen...

I've been waiting (since 2004) for them to bring nationals back to Atlanta but Nashville is close enough. That would be awesome, and in an Olympic year too!

I wonder how much tickets will be? Better start saving now!

Xena45

Rinkside
I've reserved a room at the arena hotel for San Jose, yay! Any idea when tickets might go on sale?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I've reserved a room at the arena hotel for San Jose, yay! Any idea when tickets might go on sale?
Last word from my spies buried deep at the USFS was about the time of the nats. I have not received my advanced sale notice yet.

Xena45

Rinkside
Last word from my spies buried deep at the USFS was about the time of the nats. I have not received my advanced sale notice yet.

:) Is there a way to get advanced notice? some mailing list a person can get on, maybe?

edited to add: I went to the U.S. Figure Skating website. I'm a Friend now. It's a good cause!

VegMom

On the Ice
Is it the same location for the 'camp' that goes along with Nationals for the lower levels? How does that work?

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Hey, don't diss my city! But to be fair, there isn't a huge skating audience here, that's for sure. What came to Cleveland, and when? It must have been a while.

Glad to hear the 2022 news for Nashville. That's within a day's drive so maybe I could go.

macy

Record Breaker
Hey, don't diss my city! But to be fair, there isn't a huge skating audience here, that's for sure. What came to Cleveland, and when? It must have been a while.

Glad to hear the 2022 news for Nashville. That's within a day's drive so maybe I could go.

Nationals was in Cleveland in 2009.

Carolla5501

On the Ice
Iā€™d go back to Cleveland with no reservations. I loved staying in a hotel where I could walk to the event without ever going outside

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION šŸ”„
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone know if there are arenas in Rhode Island that are suitable for Skate America or Nationals? I thought I recall seeing a post about how RI would be a great choice, but I can't find any specific rinks while trying to search. I saw quite a few outdoor rinks, but that was it. Maybe I'm just missing it?

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Dunkin Donuts Arena in Providence, it's right next to the Providence Place mall. It would be perfect, SOI always goes there. Close to airport, restaurants, mall, hotel and Boston and Newport.