How are you today? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

How are you today?

Ducky

On the Ice
I think I'm dealing with jealousy -- actual jealousy and not of the garden variety of being annoyed that someone has gotten more than me or has done better, or gotten the job I want -- but that jealousy of seeing someone turn towards someone else and fearing that maybe you're not enough for them but also realizing that you are?

Anyway, long weekend with lots and lots of good things. And I'm writing so that helps.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
you walk way further than I do! :eek:

I have to for my mental and physical health.....When the snow comes and I can no longer walk around my 15 acres working on the grounds and our 3/4 mile dog walking path, I walk the roads but maybe only two miles of fast walking a day in the 16 hours of nighttime and 8 hours of gloom. But you know all about that! ;) Today I only put in 5.91 miles cause I had to help a lady friend of ours pickle her lawn mower for the winter and unpickel her emergency generator....

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I have to for my mental and physical health.....When the snow comes and I can no longer walk around my 15 acres working on the grounds and our 3/4 mile dog walking path, I walk the roads but maybe only two miles of fast walking a day in the 16 hours of nighttime and 8 hours of gloom. But you know all about that! ;) Today I only put in 5.91 miles cause I had to help a lady friend of ours pickle her lawn mower for the winter and unpickel her emergency generator....

Yeah we had a fantastic summer weather wise (and now our fall is making up for the lack of rain all summer *sigh*) so we were able to walk outside, SO much easier to stay motivated walking outside. Now I just walk around my house for an hour or go to the gym and walk on a treadmill... sooooooo boring.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Yeah we had a fantastic summer weather wise (and now our fall is making up for the lack of rain all summer *sigh*) so we were able to walk outside, SO much easier to stay motivated walking outside. Now I just walk around my house for an hour or go to the gym and walk on a treadmill... sooooooo boring.

I used to have a cross country ski machine in the last century....it worked but it was sooooooo boring...I prefer to be outside.....

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I used to have a cross country ski machine in the last century....it worked but it was sooooooo boring...I prefer to be outside.....

the neighbors I had growing up had one in their basement, I was never talented enough to get the legs and arms working correctly where I didn't end up tangled... I can't figure out an elliptical either. I'm just not coordinated. :laugh:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I tried to do the elliptical @ the gym, but it was way too hard on my knees. I do the treadmill instead, plus lots of swimming.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Busy day today, hosted our church's "Shoeboxapalooza" where we have a packing party filling shoeboxes with gifts for Operation Christmas Child. We ran out of boxes TWICE and so we have some extras that we'll either send with the boxes as "filler" for the processing centers, or we'll hold onto them until next year's party.

Now I'm just home STILL editing photos from Las Vegas. If I could just take a week and hole myself away from the world and all of life's responsibilities I could knock the 4 days worth of photos without problem. Adulting is hard, this was SO much easier 10 years ago when I didn't have to be quite so growed up.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Busy day today, hosted our church's "Shoeboxapalooza" where we have a packing party filling shoeboxes with gifts for Operation Christmas Child. We ran out of boxes TWICE and so we have some extras that we'll either send with the boxes as "filler" for the processing centers, or we'll hold onto them until next year's party.

This is the coolest thing and such a great thing for getting people involved and thinking outside themselves. Our Sunday School kids did this 2 weeks ago.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
This is the coolest thing and such a great thing for getting people involved and thinking outside themselves. Our Sunday School kids did this 2 weeks ago.

YES! Our church has been a part of the project from the beginning, but a few years ago our number of boxes was pathetic... so now our church collects items year round and fills shoeboxes together. Makes it so much fun! :)

Ross74

Medalist
I'm super cold in Montreal and don't want to leave my hotel room. After getting chilled to the bone on our food tour in the snow yesterday, I'm having a hard time convincing myself to put on those multiple layers of everything and head out again. But that's where the food is!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm super cold in Montreal and don't want to leave my hotel room. After getting chilled to the bone on our food tour in the snow yesterday, I'm having a hard time convincing myself to put on those multiple layers of everything and head out again. But that's where the food is!

I want snow... so far all we've had is rain... Alaska is starting to cool down, though, from our lovely little ride on the "Pineapple Express".

Ducky

On the Ice
I'm super frustrated because it feels as if life is just not giving me a break: the subway has been more awful than normal, and more pertinently my winter local rink hasn't opened yet and they are refusing to tell me when they will be having freestyle sessions and aren't giving time to the bridge program (a figure skating group lesson for people who are basically working on the basics of figure skating) and have basically been really shady about everything.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I'm super frustrated because it feels as if life is just not giving me a break: the subway has been more awful than normal, and more pertinently my winter local rink hasn't opened yet and they are refusing to tell me when they will be having freestyle sessions and aren't giving time to the bridge program (a figure skating group lesson for people who are basically working on the basics of figure skating) and have basically been really shady about everything.

Ducky, I have days like that. My Roku wont let me watch SkateAmerica Again, I have to keep calling India about my phone service with century link, someone pryed a piece of moulding off my wife's car, I continually have to fight backwards doctors and their ancient beliefs, my internet speed is finally up to where it should be, I am old and have old people's health issues.....I only have about 10 years to go.
It helps me to think about a kid in a wheel chair....or my wife not coming home because someone couldnt help but send one last text before they killed her....and there is always margarittas and wine to alter my perception of my problems.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States

I, too, have days like this.. somehow, when it all seems to go pear-shaped, something makes me stop, sit quiet when possible, then, for a few brief moments, lose myself in something small but totally happy... like drinking hot tea on a cold day, brief stroll through a field with the dog, or walk in the rain in the city, watch a YouTube video that gives me joy, listen to a wonderful short piece of music or stroke my kitty-cat... serves to realign perspective.. then I regroup and face it all again. Believe me, at my advanced age I am a master at this strategy .. because it works, I am totally grateful to have such problems in my life considering the alternative... haha.. Hang in there!!