2019 Cup Of China: Senior GP Predictions Game Round 4 | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2019 Cup Of China: Senior GP Predictions Game Round 4

Roo87

Medalist
1-4 right for the ladies and the podium for the dance (that one was easy). The men will be a different story

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
Men :noshake:

But Ryom/Kim saved may predictions. For the first time in a long time I've got all the pairs right, if I'm not mistaken :)

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy

But Ryom/Kim saved may predictions. For the first time in a long time I've got all the pairs right, if I'm not mistaken :)

my scores in men are lol :laugh: but i got 65 in dance if i'm not mistaken and ladies probably is a lol as well let alone pairs :laugh:

bunnybarista

If I risk it all, could you break my fall?~
On the Ice
I'm shocked that I was correct about the top five ladies! :biggrin: And a bit surprised that I only got the podium right for dance. Oops.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Did anyone put Han Yan on the podium?

The very last player to submit predictions, cohen-esque, put him into 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] position. :bow: :clap: :points:

Men
1. Boyang JIN
2. Andrei LAZUKIN
3. Han YAN
4. Keegan MESSING
5. Junhwan CHA
6. Camden PULKINEN

Earlier on, I had been really proud that I had put him in 5[SUP]th[/SUP] position. :biggrin:

But now I am kicking myself that I didn't put him one place higher like I wanted to, because then I would have scored points on him! :bang: :bang: :bang:

Especially when quite a few other players did put him into that 4[SUP]th[/SUP] position! :mad:

Why did I not go with my gut?! :disapp:

CaroLiza_fan

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Ladies results in a new format:

SILVER MEDAL
65 points

sunnystars
sweetener
Mohacz
Debrah
Roo87
Roast Toast
MintGreen
SnowWhite
purplecat
sworddance21
jenaj
itofan
[email protected]
Moxiejan
Sherlock Marple
randomfan
LadyB
Skater Boy
selene16angie
cohen-esque
GOLD MEDAL
75 points

bunnybarista
surimi
SubRosa
Marius
BRONZE MEDAL
55 points

Ladybug89
Winry
ruga
Nathan13
satine
Weathergal
Spirals for Miles
Jeanie19
apgold
MaiKatze
Colonel Green
SashaJuliaSpins
Step Sequence4
CanadianSkaterGuy
thedeclan
Dreamer57
elektra blue
GINO
cabres
invisiblespiral
Lamente Ariane
formersk8ter
TheBallerina
Artemisa
alyssamarie
Baron Vladimir
silver.blades
DenissVFan
bakedpotato
corynna
noraaa
Kirei
readernick
jg212
CherylDee
cake
gsk8
text_skate
anna gabriela
Jontor
Seven Sisters
Nirti
voolfee
Pandicorn
sunn1ly
icedance
IndiaP12
ladykk
Hyena
lutz
casualfan
Pippuripihvi
Phireye
icedance77
TheMightyBidoof
seraf
NoNameFace
AlexisR
Lunalovesskating
RoyThree
lady_bee
Yuzuruu
Gourlie
Icebethy
Koatterce
GoneWithTheWind
Fetinia
kathali
dunnoww
MrECartman
Alex65
Rozaliya
Rashela
ssffww
lost3iron
Cherryy
LaArdilla
thatbeatingheart
NYscorp6
Ice Diva
marulia
Ziotic
Daniel1998
Eigenvalue
nipman
npavel

Congratulations !:agree::yahoo::party2::cheer:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
The very last player to submit predictions, cohen-esque, put him into 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] position. :bow: :clap: :points:

Earlier on, I had been really proud that I had put him in 5[SUP]th[/SUP] position. :biggrin:

But now I am kicking myself that I didn't put him one place higher like I wanted to, because then I would have scored points on him! :bang: :bang: :bang:

Especially when quite a few other players did put him into that 4[SUP]th[/SUP] position! :mad:

Why did I not go with my gut?! :disapp:

CaroLiza_fan

I had him in 3rd first and then changed it to 4th. *sigh*

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I cannot believe I won ladies ^ ^ But I was way off in all other categories to make up for it :p

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I checked the table. Antyv was right and I made 2 mistakes which I have corrected.

The weakest part in the scoring algorythm that I use is cleaning the spreadsheet after pasting predictions from the website. This time I did it especially fast: it took me just 30 minutes to have a "battle-ready" table for 135 predictions. However, I made mistakes where they are especially easy to make. Starla16's post contained just 1 line followed by Roo87's prediction. However, quickly selecting rows to be deleted I erroneously understood that Roo87's prediction referred to Starla16. The same happened with Ruthypegs and Noraaa.

The mistake-free solution would be if players pasted predictions directly into the spreadsheet. The solution which would reduce mistakes like I made this time would be to forbid writing posts other than predictions. But in the end of the day it is just fun. Therefore, it may be better for scorers to correct mistakes not further reducing "the freedom of speech".

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Congrats to all the winners.

Big thank you to all the math-type people who do the calculations.

The new format is pretty btw. :thumbsup:

Cohen-esque gets big props for believing in our boy Han Yan. I feel a Journey sing along coming on.

Last edited:

bunnybarista

If I risk it all, could you break my fall?~
On the Ice
I have a question: how do people get those "prediction contest" icons on their account? (The little icons below your country, like 100+ posts, or member for 1+ years)

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States

You did! I’ll be posting pairs results asap. I tried to score pairs earlier & kept falling asleep.

Antyv

On the Ice
I checked the table. Antyv was right and I made 2 mistakes which I have corrected.

The weakest part in the scoring algorythm that I use is cleaning the spreadsheet after pasting predictions from the website. This time I did it especially fast: it took me just 30 minutes to have a "battle-ready" table for 135 predictions. However, I made mistakes where they are especially easy to make. Starla16's post contained just 1 line followed by Roo87's prediction. However, quickly selecting rows to be deleted I erroneously understood that Roo87's prediction referred to Starla16. The same happened with Ruthypegs and Noraaa.

The mistake-free solution would be if players pasted predictions directly into the spreadsheet. The solution which would reduce mistakes like I made this time would be to forbid writing posts other than predictions. But in the end of the day it is just fun. Therefore, it may be better for scorers to correct mistakes not further reducing "the freedom of speech".
I also use automatic spreadsheet filling. For some predictions, the algorithm may not work because some requirements must be met. Such predictions are highlighted by filling in the Ladies tab.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x6U3KZ2i5-OgeTAJyiIMMnOPPcKgDRO9
In my opinion, if forms for introducing forecasts are not used, it is necessary to at least clearly spell out the rules in which form they should be submitted to the game. I do my spreadsheets only at the Grand Prix under the current conditions.