The where are they now thread? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

The where are they now thread?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Elizaveta Kulik competed on the LAIT Ice theatre team. It is not a synchro team. Not sure if she’s still on it. Surya is in Minnesota coaching. Javi is not with Miki anymore, he has a new gf. There is nothing wrong with asking questions about the skaters. They put this on social media so it’s not off limits.

They don't put it all on social media, so that part of it is off limits.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
IFS magazine had a lovely special feature because of their 25th anniversary, all about 'where are they now?' just a few months ago. Mention was made of for example what Philippe Candeloro is doing now, Irina Slutskaya and many others.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Our latest issue of IFS Magazine came yesterday. The "Where are they now?" feature continues in the December 2019 issue! :hap10:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Our latest issue of IFS Magazine came yesterday. The "Where are they now?" feature continues in the December 2019 issue! :hap10:

Looking forward to receiving my copy! It usually takes a bit longer to arrive than in the US/Canada.

merrymarch

Spectator
I would like to know about Joshua Farris. I fell in love with his skating, but then he left skating because of a concussion. Is he coaching? His artistic skating was lovely!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I would like to know about Joshua Farris. I fell in love with his skating, but then he left skating because of a concussion. Is he coaching? His artistic skating was lovely!

Josh Farris :luv17: is both a choreographer (e.g., for Jimmy Ma and Camden) and a coach (e.g., recently for Torgashev).

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I wonder how many elite careers end like josh and notin success. I am now a fan of Evgenia but hopefully realizes she was the epitome and judge fave a few years. Success is skating is rarely a gold medal at Olympics.

supersloane

Rinkside
So is Liza Kulik in college if so where. Did Katia win again at BOB? I don’t think Daria skates. Her instagram is about being very thin at points and fashion. I don’t see any pics of Kulik. Some of her and Liza and her mom. Does Daria work? I don’t think Liza skates competitions any more. She wished to be an Olympian I read but not gonna happen so school is logical. Other than occasional shows is Ilia doing anything in business perhaps?

She's at University of San Francisco and does still skate but not competitively. She is a fairly private person (like her dad) so it isn't surprising that her social media isn't extensive. Daria works and seems to be happy.

Ilia has been coaching for many many years at several different skating clubs across the country. He also does a couple of shows per year in Japan (usually Dai or Arakawa shows).

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Polina is coached by her mom now only, I believe. She did not compete at regionals nor did she qualify for a Sectionals spot. ...

I remain unsure as to whether Polina has an NQS bye to sectionals??

As I have discussed in the U.S. Ladies thread, she could end up in the top six from her section in the NQS rankings, if those from her section who will not be "using up" slots at sectionals are not counted.

Update:
Polina Edmunds *is* on the official entry list for Pacific Coast Sectionals. :)

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Update:
Polina Edmunds *is* on the official entry list for Pacific Coast Sectionals. :)

This is awesome. I hope she actually competes. Does anyone know her status or is this she's on the list but...don't hold your breath if she will show up?