3. Sara HURTADO / Kirill KHALIAVIN
4. Natalia KALISZEK / Maksym SPODYRIEV
5. Marjorie LAJOIE / Zachary LAGHA
6. Anastasia SHPILEVAYA / Grigory SMIRNOV

npavel

On the Ice
hi,
got the wrong man, reedited my predictions Thank you

no idea how it got messed up, I suppose I was in a hurry and got JPN from the wrong man

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I am mad. I know fine well it is going to be yet another win for the Quad Kids, but I am going to do the same as I did in Skate Canada – put Zhenya on top and Sasha in second.

For the rest of the positions, I was happy enough with the absolute PB order. Let’s face it, I was always going to have it as Miyahara, Konstantinova and Bell followed by the 2 other Japanese girls. It was just a case of deciding which order to put Yokoi and Shiraiwa in.

With the Men, I am taking a few risks.

The first isn’t really a risk. Shoma may have been well down the order in France, but that was because of a nightmare FS. He was right up there in the SP. So, I am keeping faith in him and putting him on top here.

Joining him on the podium I have Aliev and Samarin. No surprises there then. And then Nam, who I always tend to put quite high.

But, in 5[SUP]th[/SUP] I am putting the third Russian, Igantov. Now, this is a real strange choice because he is straight out of Juniors and has the lowest International PB of the whole field. HOWEVER, when you look at his domestic results, his absolute PB is actually higher than Samarin’s. Admittedly, the 2019 St. Petersburg Cup was the only competition where he has scored anywhere near that high. But, this was not a case of a competition where everybody’s scores were being inflated, as the guy who won the silver medal (Petrov) was nearly 50 points behind him! So, I am willing to take a chance on him.

With Pairs, my decisions were pretty straightforward except for one – where to put Stolbova / Novoselov. We haven’t seen them yet, so there is nothing to go on. We all know Ksenia is a class act. But, we don’t really know how good Andrei is.

In the end, I decided to put them on the podium, but have them on the bottom step. Because I do think they can be ahead of the Austrians and Germans, but I am not sure whether they can be ahead of either of the other Russian partnerships.

With Ice Dance, I decided to take the bull by the horns and go with my heart. I wanted to put Gilles / Poirier on top in Canada, but chickened out. And then they went and won. Now, their score in Canada was only 0.89 less than what Sinitsina / Katsalapov scored to win in China. However, China only finished a few days ago. And they have had to travel all the way from Chongqing to Moscow. So, Piper and Paul are going to be fresher than Vik and Nik.

The other surprising thing I did was to put Lajoie / Lagha into my Top 5 as opposed to any of the remaining Russian partnerships or the French partnership. I just have a real soft spot for them (well, for Marjorie anyway).

CaroLiza_fan

CUP OF RUSSIA

Ladies

1. Evgenia MEDVEDEVA, RUS
2. Alexandra TRUSOVA, RUS
3. Satoko MIYAHARA, JPN
4. Stanislava KONSTANTINOVA, RUS
5. Mariah BELL, USA
6. Yuhana YOKOI, JPN
7. Yuna SHIRAIWA, JPN
8. Alexia PAGANINI, SUI
9. Ekaterina RYABOVA, AZE
10. Nicole SCHOTT, GER
11. Emmi PELTONEN, FIN
12. Hongyi CHEN, CHN

Men

1. Shoma UNO, JPN
2. Dmitri ALIEV, RUS
3. Alexander SAMARIN, RUS
4. Nam NGUYEN, CAN
5. Makar IGNATOV, RUS
6. Morisi KVITELASHVILI, GEO
7. Michal BREZINA, CZE
8. Kazuki TOMONO, JPN
9. Deniss VASILJEVS, LAT
10. Daniel SAMOHIN, ISR
11. Alexei KRASNOZHON, USA
12. Vladimir LITVINTSEV, AZE

Pairs

1. Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV, RUS
2. Aleksandra BOIKOVA / Dmitrii KOZLOVSKII, RUS
3. Ksenia STOLBOVA / Andrei NOVOSELOV , RUS
4. Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER, AUT
5. Evelyn WALSH / Trennt MICHAUD, CAN
6. Minerva Fabienne HASE / Nolan SEEGERT, GER
7. Audrey LU / Misha MITROFANOV, USA
8. Rebecca GHILARDI / Filippo AMBROSINI, ITA

Ice Dance

1. Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER, CAN
2. Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV, RUS
3. Sara HURTADO / Kirill KHALIAVIN, ESP
4. Natalia KALISZEK / Maksym SPODYRIEV, POL
5. Marjorie LAJOIE / Zachary LAGHA, CAN
6. Anastasia SHPILEVAYA / Grigory SMIRNOV, RUS
7. Anastasia SKOPTCOVA / Kirill ALESHIN, RUS
8. Adelina GALYAVIEVA / Louis THAURON, FRA
9. Allison REED / Saulius AMBRULEVICIUS, LTU
10. Jasmine TESSARI / Francesco FIORETTI, ITA

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
hi,
I soppose it's to late to change
Kazuki TOMONO (JPN)
with Shoma UNO (JPN)

no idea how it got messed up, I suppose I was in a hurry and got JPN from the wrong man

Considering that my predictions were posted after you asked your question, nope. Not too late at all. :biggrin:

The "1 hour before the start of the first segment" used to be there to give the scorers a chance to copy the predictions over before the competitions start. But now that we are closing the thread from the start of the first SP until shortly before the start of the first FS to avoid people cheating, there is plenty of time to copy the predictions over.

So the "1 hour beforehand" is now just there as a guideline, to try to avoid players running around in a panic at the last minute.

Confession: I don't actually close the thread until the end of the Group 1 Warm-up, just to give players more of an opportunity to get in.

CaroLiza_fan

Kirei

On the Ice
Hope I get this in in time, the internet connection is so horrible here

Men
1. Dmitri ALIEV
2. Alexander SAMARIN
3. Shoma UNO
4. Nam NGUYEN
5. Deniss VASILJEVS
6. Alexei KRASNOZHON

Ladies
1. Alexandra TRUSOVA
2. Evgenia MEDVEDEVA
3. Mariah BELL
4. Satoko MIYAHARA
5. Yuhana YOKOI
6. Stanislava KONSTANTINOVA

Pairs
1. Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV
2. Aleksandra BOIKOVA / Dmitrii KOZLOVSKII
3. Ksenia STOLBOVA / Andrei NOVOSELOV
4. Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER
5. Minerva Fabienne HASE / Nolan SEEGERT
6. Evelyn WALSH / Trennt MICHAUD

Ice Dance
1. Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV
2. Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER
3. Sara HURTADO / Kirill KHALIAVIN
4. Natalia KALISZEK / Maksym SPODYRIEV
5. Anastasia SKOPTCOVA / Kirill ALESHIN
6 Marjorie LAJOIE / Zachary LAGHA

FanFan3256

Rinkside
Dance: 1. Piper Gilles/Paul Poirier ( I’m going say I hope they win, difficult choreography, some elements could be better and some elements are difficult I’m sure but not interesting to look at as a fan POV of course but I’m happy they are being true to themselves and not following the pack)
2. Victoria Sinitsina/Nikita Katsalapov, I just don’t think that they are better than Giles/Poirier

Good luck to all the skaters!

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
ROSTELECOM CUP - ICE DANCE RESULTS

Hello everyone. Here go the Ice Dance results. 128 players participated in this segment of the Rostelecom Cup. We have 6 winners with the maximum score, 6 silver and as many as 44 bronze medalists.

The podium looks as follows:

SILVER MEDAL
70 points

IndiaP12
Klarnet
litenkyckling
[email protected]
StitchMonkey
Ziotic
GOLD MEDAL
75 points

cake
LanaD
Phireye
readernick
satine
seraf
BRONZE MEDAL
65 points

Antyv
AshWagsFan
bakedpotato
Baron Vladimir
BluishHush
bunnybarista
cabres
CanadianSkaterGuy
Cherryy
Chris Cooper
Colonel Green
Dreamer57
Eigenvalue
Gia_Sesshoumaru
Gourlie
gsk8
Ice Diva
invisiblespiral
jg212
jiawen2016
Koatterce
Lamente Ariane
lost3iron
marulia
Nirti
NoNameFace
npavel
NYscorp6
purplecat
Rashela
Rozaliya
ruga
selene16angie
Sherlock Marple
silver.blades
Skater Boy
SnowWhite
SubRosa
sunnystars
sweetener
sweetice
text_skate
thatbeatingheart
TheBallerina
TheMightyBidoof
Wilhelmina

Congratulations to the winners and good luck next week with the last set of predictions before GPF!

All the results are already uploaded to the Google spreadsheet that can be found here.

Last edited:

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Arg! I just noticed that in Pairs, i left the R off of Kiefer. I hope someone can fix so i don’t lose points.

cake

On the Ice
Here are the pairs results. People were pretty much divided on first/second places between B/K and T/M and most had S/N too high (mostly in third place). The spreadsheet will be updated soon. Congrats to all medallists!

Gold goes to satine with 70 points - thanks to predicting the first four places correctly :cheer: :hb: :bow:

Silver with 60 points goes to elektra blue, Fetinia, magallli, Step Sequence4, sunnystars and sunn1ly :hap10:

Bronze with 55 points is shared by Alexcdj, AlexisR, Anni234, apgold, AshWagsFan, bakedpotato, BluishHush, cabres, chanchan, CherylDee, Chris Cooper, DenissVFan, Eigenvalue, GoneWithTheWind, Gourlie, gsk8, Hyena, Ice Diva, Icebethy, icedance, icedance77, invisiblespiral, itofan, kathali, Koatterce, LaArdilla, LanaD, lost3iron, Lovechihuahua, marulia, moonstruck, MrECartman, NoNameFace, npavel, Pandicorn, Phireye, Pippuripihvi, Poice, purplecat, randomfan, Rashela, readernick, Roast Toast, RoyThree, Rozaliya, ruga, SashaJuliaSpins, selene16angie, Skater Boy, ssffww, StephenGfan, SubRosa, sweetice, thatbeatingheart, TheMightyBidoof, voolfee, Wilhelmina, Winry :agree:

MintGreen

On the Ice
Just wondering if anyone have scored points on Ignatov... Just like Han Yan at Cup of China, he spoiled everyone's predication. :laugh:

Wilhelmina

On the Ice
Just wondering if anyone have scored points on Ignatov... Just like Han Yan at Cup of China, he spoiled everyone's predication. :laugh:

Yes, a handful of people predicted him in their top 5! I will be uploading the mens' scores later tonight after I finish watching the competition. (It's been a busy weekend.)

Wilhelmina

On the Ice
Okay, men's results are posted! Here's the podium:

GOLD with 60 points: icebethy and magallli

SILVER with 55 points: alyssamarie, Artemisa, AshWagsFan, Baron Vladimir, BluishHush, cabres, cake, Eigenvalue, icedance, invisiblespiral, Jeanie19, jenaj, jg212, LaArdilla, ladykk, LanaD, lutz, Roo87, Sherlock Marple, SnowWhite, and sweetener

BRONZE with 50 points: apgold, DenissVFan, GoneWithTheWind, gsk8, Ice Diva, Kirei, Lovechihuahua, marulia, MintGreen, nipman, readernick, Rozaliya, SashaJuliaSpins, selene16angie, SubRosa, and surimi

No one had a perfect podium, because no one predicted Makar Ignatov as high as 3rd. But honorable mention goes to MaiKatze who was the closest, having him in 4th! Also worth mentioning are the other players who placed Ignatov 5th: Weathergal, Pippuripihvi, kathali, jg212, and CaroLiza_fan.

Congrats to the winners! (Please let me know if I've made any errors!)

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
No one had a perfect podium, because no one predicted Makar Ignatov as high as 3rd. But honorable mention goes to MaiKatze who was the closest, having him in 4th! Also worth mentioning are the other players who placed Ignatov 5th: Weathergal, Pippuripihvi, kathali, jg212, and CaroLiza_fan.

Like with Han Yan who I also almost placed on the podium last week, this is nice. But unfortunately I do not get in the medals for it....:slink:

Ziotic

Medalist
Better a late than never!

Ladies Results

GOLD with 75pts Fetinia - Congratulations for getting all positions correct!
SILVER with 70 pts
MaiKatze
elektra blue
SashaJuliaSpins
Alexcdj
Baron Vladimir
cabres
invisiblespiral
Debrah
Colonel Green
corynna
text_skate
ladykk
LaArdilla
[email protected]
seraf
kathali
purplecat
Nirti
Pandicorn
Wilhelmina
IndiaP12
Ice Diva
TheMightyBidoof
Daniel1998
Kirei

BRONZE with 65pts
GINO
AlexisR
casualfan

Ultimately Stanislava cost a lot of people points, but thank you all as there were no spelling errors this time!