Tallinn Trophy Confusion | Golden Skate

Tallinn Trophy Confusion

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
So I think the Tallinn Trophy (Estonia) is starting tomorrow but I'm not too sure about anything [emoji848]
I've searched online for ages but can only find out about the one from last year
Do any of you know anything about it? (E.g. The entries, Starting order etc.)
Do you know what time it will start or if it will be live streamed anywhere?
Thanks

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
So I think the Tallinn Trophy (Estonia) is starting tomorrow but I'm not too sure about anything [emoji848]
I've searched online for ages but can only find out about the one from last year
Do any of you know anything about it? (E.g. The entries, Starting order etc.)
Do you know what time it will start or if it will be live streamed anywhere?
Thanks

Entries / Results Page: https://results.tallinntrophy.eu/

Livestream: https://www.youtube.com/user/TallinnTrophy

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Thanks
Oh Alex is competing, she wasn't at training this morning so I presumed she would be competing in Tallinn, I guess I was right ahah

Yep, and she has lots of company from home too! (Hardly surprising, though).

I know it is a handy competition, but I am so impressed with how many skaters there are coming through from all the Baltic states.

Hey, it's maybe a good job that we've claimed you! ;) :biggrin:

By the way, I was really busy last week, but I'm nearly back on top of everything now. So, I'll reply to your PM tomorrow.

CaroLiza_fan

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
So are Canada's top two ladies kind of out or injured right now Aurora and Gabby? That's tough. This week the Danadians didn't look so good especially i the free dance - they barely held off the Chinese - probably not the results they wanted. Keegan did his best. Hopefully he can get some good training in now. Two fourths mean top 12 is not out of the question come worlds. We'll see if Nam can get consisitent and repeat his performance from Skate Canada. It wold be a fluke but if he could place second I believe GPF is not impossible - if he wins he is in for sure.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I had been looking for information too, and guess my surprise when I found out there were so many Dutchies skating there. But I know where to look now!

icetug

Medalist
Angelina Kuchvalska started in Riga last weekend and she's going to Tallin (Tue&Wed) and Warsaw Cup (Fri&Sun) this week? Tough girl.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Angelina Kuchvalska started in Riga last weekend and she's going to Tallin (Tue&Wed) and Warsaw Cup (Fri&Sun) this week? Tough girl.

Not the first time she did 2 competitions in different countries in a single week.

In January 2015, she did the EYOF in Austria on Monday 26[SUP]th[/SUP] and Wednesday 28[SUP]th[/SUP], and then Europeans in Sweden on Thursday 29[SUP]th[/SUP] and Saturday 31[SUP]st[/SUP].

And so did Aleksandra Golovkina and Anastasia Galustyan. And all three of them got pretty good results at both competitions.

Anastasia isn't competing this week, but the other two girls are in Tallinn.

And since action is due to start in 20 minutes time with the Junior Men, I'm going to do a couple of things now and then head off to the livestream.

CaroLiza_fan

icetug

Medalist
Not the first time she did 2 competitions in different countries in a single week.

In January 2015, she did the EYOF in Austria on Monday 26[SUP]th[/SUP] and Wednesday 28[SUP]th[/SUP], and then Europeans in Sweden on Thursday 29[SUP]th[/SUP] and Saturday 31[SUP]st[/SUP].

But now she is going for 3 competitions in 10 days! (and she's not 17 anymore...). Anyway, I wish her luck - and getting all the TES minimum she needs.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
But now she is going for 3 competitions in 10 days! (and she's not 17 anymore...). Anyway, I wish her luck - and getting all the TES minimum she needs.

True. 3 competitions in such a small time scale is a much tougher ask. :eek: And it would be so impressive if Angelīna is able to pull it off. :bow: :bow: :bow:

Unfortunately, Kučvaļska hasn't been showing great form for a couple of seasons. So if things don't go too well in Tallinn, I think she will pull out of Warsaw.

But, hey, even if she does, to have done the Riga and Tallinn competitions in just over a week would be more than impressive enough! :bow: :clap: :points:

CaroLiza_fan

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
True. 3 competitions in such a small time scale is a much tougher ask. :eek: And it would be so impressive if Angelīna is able to pull it off. [emoji144] [emoji144] [emoji144]

Unfortunately, Kučvaļska hasn't been showing great form for a couple of seasons. So if things don't go too well in Tallinn, I think she will pull out of Warsaw.

But, hey, even if she does, to have done the Riga and Tallinn competitions in just over a week would be more than impressive enough! [emoji144] :clap: :points:

CaroLiza_fan
Wow Anastasia did brilliantly!! [emoji33][emoji16][emoji960][emoji173]
So did Alex, she beat her personal best again after already beating her personal best last comp, but she scored even higher this time [emoji28]
I don't really know what to say tbh, I guess it's good but I mean I don't really care anymore how she does, even if she scored 40 points I'd just be like whatever
Its weird cos I want her to do well but at the same time I don't
Sorry, I am a little busy at the minute, but I will reply to your PM in the next few days or whenever I can : ))

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
Wow Anastasia did brilliantly!! [emoji33][emoji16][emoji960][emoji173]
So did Alex, she beat her personal best again after already beating her personal best last comp, but she scored even higher this time [emoji28]
I don't really know what to say tbh, I guess it's good but I mean I don't really care anymore how she does, even if she scored 40 points I'd just be like whatever
Its weird cos I want her to do well but at the same time I don't
Sorry, I am a little busy at the minute, but I will reply to your PM in the next few days or whenever I can : ))

Do you mean that the points no longer matter to you, you appreciate her skating regardless? I guess I can’t fathom not wanting her to do well. I’ve been reading your posts about Alex since the beginning of the season. From what you say she seems like such a wonderful person. You inspired me to start watching her closely and now I can definitely say I am a fan. Her skating skills and spins are very impressive! Her results so far this season show that she is right on the cusp of being considered a “top” skater. Had the final group for the free skate in this event been 6 skaters instead of 5 she would have made it!

I am paying attention to her competition in Lithuania and as of right now it looks like she is their front-runner. Assuming she can keep it up at nationals she will just need the technical minimums so that she can go to Worlds. I could not believe she missed the minimum in the short program by 0.09 at this event! It was just a matter of one level on a spin or her steps that would have made the difference. Thankfully I believe she does have the minimums for Europeans and still has a lot of time to get them for Worlds. Would love to see a 95+ free skate from her tomorrow!

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
Do you mean that the points no longer matter to you, you appreciate her skating regardless? I guess I can’t fathom not wanting her to do well. I’ve been reading your posts about Alex since the beginning of the season. From what you say she seems like such a wonderful person. You inspired me to start watching her closely and now I can definitely say I am a fan. Her skating skills and spins are very impressive! Her results so far this season show that she is right on the cusp of being considered a “top” skater. Had the final group for the free skate in this event been 6 skaters instead of 5 she would have made it!

I am paying attention to her competition in Lithuania and as of right now it looks like she is their front-runner. Assuming she can keep it up at nationals she will just need the technical minimums so that she can go to Worlds. I could not believe she missed the minimum in the short program by 0.09 at this event! It was just a matter of one level on a spin or her steps that would have made the difference. Thankfully I believe she does have the minimums for Europeans and still has a lot of time to get them for Worlds. Would love to see a 95+ free skate from her tomorrow!
I mean that I don't care about her scores or her skating anymore, I know that sounds very rude and mean but it's true [emoji28]
I used to care and support her all the time but she didn't seem to care or need me so I gave up on being nice to her
Long story ahah
But let's just see how she does in the FS today
Kirsty

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
Is there a link for the senior ladies section of this competition? I saw a tiny bit of the livestream on YouTube and I know the scores but the livestream video has been deleted and I want to watch some of the skaters that I didn't get the chance to watch
Does anyone have a link for a different video?
Thanks

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
Is there a link for the senior ladies section of this competition? I saw a tiny bit of the livestream on YouTube and I know the scores but the livestream video has been deleted and I want to watch some of the skaters that I didn't get the chance to watch
Thanks

Unfortunately the streams get removed due to copyright violations. I don’t believe it was archived anywhere else. People sometimes post individual videos of the skaters that can be found by searching their names in YouTube but this isn’t a challenger so it didn’t get as much attention. The only videos I’ve found are the Russian ladies.

You can sometimes watch it on delay while the event is still going on by rolling back the stream if there is an event that follows. Today the junior ladies followed the senior event and I was able to watch the seniors on about an hour and a half delay using this method. It only works while the stream is still running though, once it’s gone it’s gone. :-(

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Thanks

Further to what *~RussianBleux~* said, I missed the Senior Ladies SP, and when I went looking for it yesterday morning, there was no joy. The only videos from Tuesday that I could find using the term "Tallinn Trophy" were the SP's from the Selevko brothers, and from Alex. Mind you, I haven't looked since, so more may have appeared.

For the Senior Ladies FS, I watched on a 45 minute delay. But, there were a couple of occasions when the video skipped. So, I assume this was because of technical difficulties. With one skater, it skipped the last few seconds of the routine. With another, it skipped the first half of the routine. But with Alex, it went straight from Niki Wories getting her scores to Alex taking her bows after doing her routine. So, it is unlikely that a video will appear of her FS. But, that's maybe a good thing, given that the scores indicate that she had a nightmare in her FS. 3 falls enducing 4 points of deductions says it all. :eek:

CaroLiza_fan

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
Further to what *~RussianBleux~* said, I missed the Senior Ladies SP, and when I went looking for it yesterday morning, there was no joy. The only videos from Tuesday that I could find using the term "Tallinn Trophy" were the SP's from the Selevko brothers, and from Alex. Mind you, I haven't looked since, so more may have appeared.

For the Senior Ladies FS, I watched on a 45 minute delay. But, there were a couple of occasions when the video skipped. So, I assume this was because of technical difficulties. With one skater, it skipped the last few seconds of the routine. With another, it skipped the first half of the routine. But with Alex, it went straight from Niki Wories getting her scores to Alex taking her bows after doing her routine. So, it is unlikely that a video will appear of her FS. But, that's maybe a good thing, given that the scores indicate that she had a nightmare in her FS. 3 falls enducing 4 points of deductions says it all. :eek:

CaroLiza_fan
Okay thanks, yeah it was kinda annoying that I couldn't see her FS but at least I know the score
I guess I kind of feel a tiny little bit bad for her, only a tiny bit lol, because after she skated she looked really upset and it's not the first time I've seen her like that [emoji51]
But also I don't really care about how she did lol
Kirsty