FFKKR appealed to ISU over inconsistency in judging at the GP stages | Page 19 | Golden Skate

FFKKR appealed to ISU over inconsistency in judging at the GP stages

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Of course, but that 5% should get higher marks. More higher. But we rarely see that.
It's ok when Trusova got higher marks for her quads, they are her strong points. But why she got higher marks in components when her programs are from that 95%? Why Satoko can't gain benefits from her strong points? It's not fair.

She DID. Satoko won silver at CoC and was 4th in Russia despite being nailed with URs, with some even ignored, on both occasions. She would not be that high if it wasn't for her excellent qualities overall. Very few skaters with that much of an underrotation problem would finish that high.
It's not the judging system's fault Trusova can land quads to rival the men and Satoko can barely rotate a triple.
Satoko has had generally much higher PCS this season, the judges seem to like her programs a lot and so do I. Her FS at Rostelecom had slightly too low PCS, but ultimately it really would not have made any difference in placements combining her poor SP, 5 URs and a fall in the FS.
There were cleaner skaters finishing behind her, is that fair either?
The argument can work both ways. Those with higher PCS can make jump errors and still place over cleaner performances

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
That is true, they don't deserve hate. I merely claim that their awful jumping technique should be penalised.

Sasha used to have better lutz technique than Anna, that is true. However, this season she has prerotated that quarter turn more than in previous years, and she's been using more of the whole blade to takeoff; she used to take off straight from the pick. I wonder what's caused her to do this.

Sasha's 4T actually does deserve +GOE; it's a very well-done jump. Her '4'Lz really should not be. I'm glad her 4S got called as UR this time as it was UR at SC too.
Absolutely disagree that these girls have "awful" technique, and that Sasha takes off the same as Anna. I've watched Sasha's lutz from her GPs numerous times in slow motion and it looks slightly better than before

gkelly

Record Breaker
If you want to see "awful" jumping technique, watch lower level skaters who struggle to land consistent doubles.

Or maybe some who can land triples, but not consistently or never with positive GOE.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
The bias on this thread is through the roof and visibile from the moon and this is why ISU will never put artistry over jumps. We all can see a landed jump, but what is beautifull for you may not be for me. It would be a regress for this sport.

Also all the people calling hypocrisy here are more hypocrites than the russian federation. Judging errors are glossed over when is convenient for the skaters we like. If the one you champion is winning you don't care about those who are getting hit by the mistakes in judging.

I’ve been thinking more and on think and I think I agree with you. Perhaps not on the hypocrisy point but that it’s usually easier for people to agree if a jump was landed and that quads are difficult.

That said I’ve seen more and more fans declaring jumps “cheated” “UR” or “prerotated” with their only evidence being a slowed down YouTube video. Especially when it comes to Lutz’s.

Now it’s obvious that skaters like Koyada and Boyang and Kim have exceptional Lutz’s but I refuse to agree that everyone who’s edge becomes slightly less dramatically outside is cheating and I say that as someone who’s not a fan of the Eteri Lutz technique because it invites ‘!’ calls.

In many ways the ISU has done this to themselves because of the several judging scandals. There is a lack of trust from fans.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
I'm not generalizing, it's an observation from the various threads here.
It's not even just Russians or all Russians. It is just that it is about Russians

That's not correct, because i was among the first ones complaining about not fair TES judging at France (which i rarely do btw), and you can read our conversation at the competition tread if you are not rememebering it. I specificaly named two skaters, one Russian and one Japanese - Alina and Kaori who i thought were especially harshly judged comparing to all the others, including another Russian skater - Alyona Kostornaia. If i say that TECH panel is not good in my opinion, that doesn't necesseraly mean they are nationally biased, it can just mean they were not judging good one exact day (by having other types of preferencies). I think that ISU should 'control' better decisions of every person in TECH panel (and that means they should 'control' better themselves as TECH panel is made by 'their own people') because one of those person's decision is more relevant for the final scores than decision of one person from the panel of judges (which can be totally invalidated by their system).

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
That's not correct, because i was among the first ones complaining about not fair TES judging at France (which i rarely do btw), and you can read our conversation at the competition tread if you are not rememebering it. I specificaly named two skaters, one Russian and one Japanese - Alina and Kaori who i thought were especially harshly judged comparing to all the others, including another Russian skater - Alyona Kostornaia. If i say that TECH panel is not good in my opinion, that doesn't necesseraly mean they are nationally biased, it can just mean they were not judging good one exact day (by having other types of preferencies). I think that ISU should 'control' better decisions of every person in TECH panel (and that means they should 'control' better themselves as TECH panel is made by 'their own people') because one of those person's decision is more relevant for the final scores than decision of one person from the panel of judges.

Okay, it is mostly Russians but not always. Is that better?

There doesn't seem to be any outrage in the same way over the other skaters

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Okay, it is mostly Russians but not always. Is that better?

There doesn't seem to be any outrage in the same way over the other skaters

Because half of the 'important' players at this year ladies GP circuit are Russians. It's just more probable that people will complain about judging of them, when at least 50% of population we are complaining for is made of them.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Yeah can't argue with that I suppose.

I don't have any national bias. I have favourite skaters that just happen to be Russian/Japanese/American/Whatever