FFKKR appealed to ISU over inconsistency in judging at the GP stages | Page 2 | Golden Skate

FFKKR appealed to ISU over inconsistency in judging at the GP stages

skatingfan200

Medalist
The TP ignored other “not too outside” edges too, for example those of Bradie. Hence, it was consistent.

I understand the inconsistency comment that they meant it over more than one competition. Like why the TP called her edge in SA clean but in China flat edge.

“Our federation turned to the ISU tech committee with a question about the inconsistency of decisions - some find an edge, others do not.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Sherbakova has problems with lutz. It's reality. And here lutz jumps were not that great in USA, but they were marked as "clean". Samodurova has problems with lutz, Medvedeva has and so on. How often we could see it in protocols? It's not like judges only see mistakes of Russian skater, but never ignore them.
Inconsistency is like Pandora box. Objective scores could be really surprising for all top countries. I'm not sure they all want to see them.

It’s not like that, of course there are cases when judging benefits russians. No one says that the judging was always always consistent and fair up until the last weekend, neither does Russian federation.
However, I don’t see why, when that happens, Russians should be raising appeals? Other countries should.
If they see that inconsistency benefited Russians unfairly and hurt their athletes, they should raise their concerns. If Samodurova or Medvedeva got their lutzes overlooked and that benefited them, but hurt let’s say Rika, then Japanese federation absolutely could and should raise appeals. They should keep an eye on these things and protect their athletes. I don’t think Russian federation should be concerned about athletes from other countries being misjudged or mistreated.

withwings

On the Ice
That the work of tech panels has raised serious questions is the fact now rather than whining of Russian fans. Unfortunately, a reasonable explanation what lies behind this inconsistency, the one that I offered, is still considered to be a conspiracy theory.

Because it is a conspiracy theory.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I understand the inconsistency comment that they meant it over more than one competition. Like why the TP called her edge in SA clean but in China flat edge.
That comes from a mistranslation.
The article in Russian says “they find the edge for some (skaters), and don’t for others”.

He specifically meant the fact that inconsistency in calls happens within one competition and while some are called, others are not.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
That the work of tech panels has raised serious questions is the fact now rather than whining of Russian fans. Unfortunately, a reasonable explanation what lies behind this inconsistency, the one that I offered, is still considered to be a conspiracy theory.

Because it is one, mo matter how much you dress it up.

A pig wearing lipstick is still a pig

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
You can read the Kogan statement both ways: as an appeal or as a warning to the judiciary.

In the same press conference it was also said that FFKKR applies to host a Grand Prix final again. FFKKR is using its powerplay at the moment, and why not?

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Samodurova is still way better than Satoko Myahira, but never gets awarded.
Thats the point.

You really dislike Satoko don't you?

Anyway.

I'm glad that this has been done, also note that it has not been done by screaming "we are victims of a conspiracy*

That the work of tech panels has raised serious questions is the fact now rather than whining of Russian fans.

True. It has now reached the level of whining by the Russian federation.

Of course different judges will see things differently. That's what it means to have a "judged sport." If you want a scientifically measured sport, go downhill on skis.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I now await Rostelecom with a bated breath, what with the Russians championing objectivity in judging figure skating. I’m curious to see what will come out of this tech review & if judging will lean towards simpler, but cleaner programs. That’s said, Tuktamysheva and her scores is quite an oddity & it’s better to have a transparent hearing on it.

sunn1ly

On the Ice
I am actually happy they complained especially for Liza and of course for Alina ridiculous edge calls. Liza have been trying real hard this season and did not gave up even when her Fed gave up on her and this official complain is the least they can do. The judges are really trying to lower the scores of 4A and Liza. They will not make them less dominant, but trying to making scores more even by unfair calls is not right.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
True. It has now reached the level of whining by the Russian federation.

Of course different judges will see things differently. That's what it means to have a "judged sport." If you want a scientifically measured sport, go downhill on skis.

It is whining by the Fed but it's not an accusation of conspiracy at least.

I doubt they'll get much sympathy, when the Russian ladies have won all 4 of the GPs so far with 2 others winning silver or bronze medals.

Not to mention any non Russian who dares to get on the podium gets bashed and complained about.

Samodurova is still way better than Satoko Myahira, but never gets awarded.
Thats the point.

Oh goodness no. What a silly post. Miyahara is better. Her jumps, though not high, are woven seamlessly into the choreography of the program as a whole.

Don't get me wrong. I like Samodurova, too.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
I am actually happy they complained especially for Liza and of course for Alina ridiculous edge calls. Liza have been trying real hard this season and did not gave up even when her Fed gave up on her and this official complain is the least they can do. The judges are really trying to lower the scores of 4A and Liza. They will not make them less dominant, but trying to making scores more even by unfair calls is not right.

You cannot be serious.

Sasha and Anna have both scored 160+ in a GP and Alyona 159+ the highest ladies FS scores ever.

Liza also got one of her best FS scores EVER at CoC

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Oh goodness no. What a silly post. Miyahara is better. Her jumps, though not high, are woven seamlessly into the choreography of the program as a whole.

Don't get me wrong. I like Samodurova, too.

I like Sofia more, personally
But Satoko is superior in almost every way and Sofia's jumps are now WORSE than hers as puberty has hit

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Not to mention any anti-Russian who dares to get on the podium gets bashed and complained about.

Since when skaters got 'anti-russian'? Did you mean non-russian?
Russian skaters are bashed as well, Anna, Alina, Evgenia and Sasha too, or I don't know what is the habaloolo with endless videos/channels 'proving' they are the worst skaters in the world.

sunn1ly

On the Ice
You cannot be serious.

Sasha and Anna have both scored 160+ in a GP and Alyona 159+ the highest ladies FS scores ever.

Liza also got one of her best FS scores EVER at CoC

'the highest ladies FS scores ever.' with the hardest content ever. And without those calls they can earn even higher. Yes they get the placements and those calls are not effecting them (Only Liza, comparing what GEOs weaker jumper receive for their jumps), but unfair call is unfair even when you are winning.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Since when skaters got 'anti-russian'? Did you mean non-russian?
Russian skaters are bashed as well, Anna, Alina, Evgenia and Sasha too, or I don't know what is the habaloolo with endless videos/channels 'proving' they are the worst skaters in the world.

Yes I meant non Russian. I'm unwell and tired lol

Of course there's Russian bashing because people are jealous of them and their talent.
I was using a particular context though

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
'the highest ladies FS scores ever.' with the hardest content ever. And without those calls they can earn even higher. Yes they get the placements and those calls are not effecting them (Only Liza, comparing what GEOs weaker jumper receive for their jumps), but unfair call is unfair even when you are winning.

That depends if you actually consider the calls unfair.

For most of them I do not and note that RusFed isn't necessarily either. What the issue is and what they are protesting is how inconsistent the calls are.

Liza has actually struggled somewhat with jumps compared to last season, with multiple errors. Her usual best jump the 3Lz she has had errors on, fallen on a 3A her second best, and even stepped out of 3T-3T which is a combo she used to do with so much ease. I feel many of her errors were because of the endless changing of her layouts and the general lack of polish and coherence those new programs had.
Even switching to her old FS program didn't quite help her jumps, step out on 3Lz and one of her 3As looked UR (and wasn't called)

The judges do not like her long stalked entries with no transitions in or out either.

KRIKIC08

Rinkside
Oh goodness yes.
Samodurova has more speed in skating, more rotations and better jumps.
The only thing Satoko has are the PCs(=gifts ?) from the support of her own federation.