FFKKR appealed to ISU over inconsistency in judging at the GP stages | Page 3 | Golden Skate

FFKKR appealed to ISU over inconsistency in judging at the GP stages

Lota

Record Breaker
I'm not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing, but if this brings more accountability from the judges - I'm all here for it. I wouldn't want the sport to essentially become a playground of complaints from various federations whenever something that they don't like happens, but I'm tired of seeing baffling judgement calls and not being able to hear why the element of skater A was rated better than the element of skater B when they were equal or the latter one was even better (I'm not talking solely about the jumps, I've seen some weird and plain wrong evaluations in other elements and disciplines (such as Ice Dance)). We can only complain here online, the skaters rarely say anything out of fear of retaliation, but someone must fight for decent judging. Life isn't fair, sport isn't fair, judging isn't fair, but I wish there was some way for the judges to be more accountable for their decisions instead of us just being angry and then just moving on to the next competition with bitterness. So, complain away, federations! Maybe that'll bring some change. :shrug:

KRIKIC08

Rinkside
You can call it dislike, but in my opinion she is together with Karolina Kostner a good example how an average skater(not top 10) gets medals only because of the support of their federations.
There is no way there deserve high PCS. They are both boring to watch, because they are slow....very slow

sunn1ly

On the Ice
That depends if you actually consider the calls unfair.

For most of them I do not and note that RusFed isn't necessarily either. What the issue is and what they are protesting is how inconsistent the calls are.
What is the point you are trying to proof, the judging is not consistent a fed has the right to make official complain even when his athletes are winning. I am sad when other countries athletes receive unfair calls and scores also and I am happy that someone is addressing the issue, are you happy or not?

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
The judges do not like her long stalked entries with no transitions in or out either.

Liza has been adding transitions in and out, had a SP where her jumps were well timed with the music (one of the bullets), however, her marks did not really reflect her improvement, imo. :confused2:
And I think they should have. She's doing a bracket into her 3A, and I think that qualifies for a shorter and more complex entry.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
What is the point you are trying to proof, the judging is not consistent a fed has the right to make official complain even when his athletes are winning. I am sad when other countries athletes receive unfair calls and scores also and I am happy that someone is addressing the issue, are you happy or not?

Yes I am happy and I want more consistent judging too

I just dont support ridiculous conspiracy theories and do not think they help at all

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Liza has been adding transitions in and out, had a SP where her jumps were well times with the music (one of the bullets), however, her marks did not really reflect that, imo. :confused2:
And I think they should have. She's doing a bracket into her 3A, and I think that qualifies for a shorter and more complex entry.

And it showed at CoC in her FS score, that was one of her highest ever. Going back to her old program helped a lot too, so much better in general. Such a shame she had a rough SP, or she would have won silver for sure

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Oh goodness yes.
Samodurova has more speed in skating, more rotations and better jumps.
The only thing Satoko has are the PCs(=gifts ?) from the support of her own federation.

Change the record. Almost nobody agrees with you, even those of us who personally like Sofia more.

This is what I was talking about with people bashing a non Russian who managed to get on a podium and doing so in threads like Russian ladies or this subject about RusFed.

Just stop already, it's off topic, annoying and unfair. If you wish to discuss Miyahara go to the Japanese ladies thread, where I'm sure they would be happy to discuss your issues with her.

By the way, Sofia has struggled a lot this season, her jumps are extremely low, tight and often UR. She's grown and filled out and it is affecting her.
Anyone can see that, it's not her fault but it is what it is.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
And it showed at CoC in her FS score, that was one of her highest ever. Going back to her old program helped a lot too, so much better in general. Such a shame she had a rough SP, or she would have won silver for sure

Yeah, but she did all of that in addition to doing harder tech content.
Her score improved primarily because of her BV, not because of her getting higher GOEs, which she deserves.
Her GOEs and component marks (transitions for example), did not have an improvement.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Yeah, but she did all of that in addition to doing harder tech content.
Her score improved primarily because of her BV, not because of her getting higher GOEs, which she deserves.
Her GOEs and component marks (transitions for example), did not have an improvement.

But her BV wasn't really any different? The jump layout was very similar to earlier, with 2 3As, no 3-3 and that odd 3Lz-2A SEQ which I never understood in the first place

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
But her BV wasn't really any different? The jump layout was very similar to earlier, with 2 3As, no 3-3 and that odd 3Lz-2A SEQ which I never understood in the first place

Depends on what we're comparing. However, to note, her FS score at CoC is not her highest ever.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Well, well, RusFed is on fire today, it seems. Rostelecom will certainly be interesting.

I do have to say that I‘m a bit amused by this, however. Now, don‘t get me wrong, fair judging is always a good thing and should be encouraged. But RusFed acting as if their skaters were the only ones subjected to unfair judging? I mean, (not so) politely said: Come on!

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Depends on what we're comparing. However, to note, her FS score at CoC is not her highest ever.

No I never said it was, but it is one of them.

I don't exactly count WTT either, the overscoring there is laughable with even Bradie Tennell scoring over 150 points

sunn1ly

On the Ice
Yes I am happy and I want more consistent judging too

I just don't support ridiculous conspiracy theories and do not think they help at all

OK great so we are on the same page at least on the judging. Unfortunately figure skating is subjective and not fair so theories will appear, some are ridiculous some are true but at least the forum is thriving. :confused2: So keep on defending your point of view I admire how many discussions you are leading just in this thread. :agree:

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I do have to say that I‘m a bit amused by this, however. Now, don‘t get me wrong, fair judging is always a good thing and should be encouraged. But RusFed acting as if their skaters were the only ones subjected to unfair judging? I mean, (not so) politely said: Come on!

They're not. They did not say anything about only russian skaters being subjected to unfair judging.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Well, well, RusFed is on fire today, it seems. Rostelecom will certainly be interesting.

There is a slight undertone of hypocrisy.

RusFed would not be (and certainly hasn't been) championing fair judging if their skaters were not being called.

That goes for other Feds too!

But... if this does lead to better judging I'm okay with it.

But that means strict judging in general and that if Russians and non Russians have issues they are BOTH nailed with calls equally.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Yes. Of course they did not outright say that.

They're not acting like that either.
It's how you perceive it.
They will only raise concerns about russian skaters, they have no business in skaters of other countries being subjected to unfair judging, and they shouldn't, because they are there to protect interests of russian skaters, not skaters from other countries. .
No federation in the world ever would.
They all only care about interests of their skaters.

I honestly don't understand, do people actually think Rusfed should a) not say a word, even if they, like any other federation, have a right to do that
b) champion for skaters from other federations?
It's not rusfed's problem other federations aren't doing the same.