Anyone who went from well fitting Jackson skates to Edeas? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Anyone who went from well fitting Jackson skates to Edeas?

Sunshine247

On the Ice
Just wanted to say that even with proper fitting boots, wearing Bunga Pads isn't a bad thing. I wear them regularly and have had the same right fitting custom boots made for me yearly/bi-yearly for a very long time.

Agreed, I hope I didn’t put it out there it was a bad thing. I try to remember others are reading for their own understanding. Just meant she feels comfortable without anything extra. She did use them in other skates previously but didn’t need them for a secure fit or to adjust how they feel this time.

My other skater has a gel sleeve in her skates. She has a similar foot and also wears the debut fusion. Which goes to show how intricate boot fitting can be honestly. There is a baseline of proper fit and support but it seems like some of it is preference in how the boot feels as well. In fact I’ve seen a big difference in how they like to wear their skates as they’ve gone up in skill and learned what they need from their boots and blades as well as developing preferences.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Agreed, I hope I didn’t put it out there it was a bad thing. I try to remember others are reading for their own understanding. Just meant she feels comfortable without anything extra. She did use them in other skates previously but didn’t need them for a secure fit or to adjust how they feel this time.

My other skater has a gel sleeve in her skates. She has a similar foot and also wears the debut fusion. Which goes to show how intricate boot fitting can be honestly. There is a baseline of proper fit and support but it seems like some of it is preference in how the boot feels as well. In fact I’ve seen a big difference in how they like to wear their skates as they’ve gone up in skill and learned what they need from their boots and blades as well as developing preferences.

Developing preferences happens. You learn what you want and need, I'll tell you that as a Pro.

2Axel

Rinkside
Edeas are definitely made on a narrower last in the standard C width. They do have wider cuts now with the option of molding the heel to fit narrower. I had bad arch pain in my Ice Flys (width C) and still have it in my Risport RF2s, no matter what I do. The answer, I think, is that I have a wider toe and narrower heel that calls for either custom or semi-customs.