Classy skaters like Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Classy skaters like Evgenia Medvedeva

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Though it is lovely to see that extra fillip of class in the KnC (Javi and Yuzu, when skating back to back, cheering each other on from there comes to mind) I do think that's the one time they have to be given a bit of leeway if they can't entirely hide negative emotions, if they make an incautious face, break down, and yes even swear - coming as they are off an adrenaline high, exhausted, emotionally overwrought etc and with cameras and mikes zoomed in eager to catch any slip up... I doubt I could always smile sweetly at that precise time.

And then they're herded into a press conference where they know (or all too quickly learn) that the questions are likely to be loaded AND any badly chosen words are going to be translated and then misinterpreted, and misinterpreted in a range of languages yet.

As for being available for fans, whether in the stands, outside the rink etc, it's a difficult one. The ones at the very top can get mobbed, a few even have stalkers. It's not a sign of lack of class if they don't - or simply can't - be as open to fans as we'd sometimes like.

ava

On the Ice
I remember Yuna Kim often helped flower girls to clean the ice rink after her skates in small competitions (korean nationals, Zagreb)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I remember Yuna Kim often helped flower girls to clean the ice rink after her skates in small competitions (korean nationals, Zagreb)

Yuna had and has class AND style! ;) And she can sing, too.

(I am not sure I have class. I just took the USFS calander and made it appear like Mirai is Miss December :devil:)

debulition

Spectator
Michael Marinaro, Paul Poirier and Zachary Donohue carried the acrobatic performers off the ice after the GPF gala finale, to save them walking across the ice barefoot (just as Ondřej Hotárek had done at the end of the Milan 2018 gala).