Listless in Spokane | Golden Skate

Listless in Spokane

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I just watched the Tara and Johnny show (and Tanith) . NBC over the air coverage of Cup of Russia....
After bad mouthing Tara and Johnny for so many years, here they go and say the scoring system needs to change and some of the Russian skaters were scored outrageously on their PCSs.....
I dont know what to think or how to feel now.....its like Rusty Capp (Kath) just bought me a Ford GT40.....
:slink:
Official annoyer of the US Nats.
https://www.rustykath.com/

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Rusty Capp?

I normally like Johnny the few times I have to listen to NBC but Tara is just... Tara.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Do you mean "Rusty Kath," the arena host for US Nationals?

Sorry, Yes. At first, many years ago, since my ears dont work, I heard "Cap" and assumed it was due to the fact that he looked like a red head.
I run for the bathroom everytime he appears on the jumbotron. That is why I am 162 lbs.
Note to USFS, just show MK programs on the jumbo when there is slack time.

To me, Tara is getting better and better as a commentator. I think she is gaining confidence that, "yes, I really do have some knowledge and insight into this sport." She did fine with the Rostelecom coverage (and without Terry Gannon to feed her her lines).

I remember when Peggy Fleming began her commentating career she seemed afraid of Dick Button and somewhat timid about speaking up too boldly. She grew into the role quickly and soon provided a good foil to Dick Button's grumpy uncle act. :yes:

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry, Yes. At first, many years ago, since my ears dont work, I heard "Cap" and assumed it was due to the fact that he looked like a red head.
I run for the bathroom everytime he appears on the jumbotron. That is why I am 162 lbs.
Note to USFS, just show MK programs on the jumbo when there is slack time.

I actually like Rusty Kath & don't mind him @ all. Ditto for "Romeo" the DJ. To each his own, I guess!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
To me, Tara is getting better and better as a commentator. I think she is gaining confidence that, "yes, I really do have some knowledge and insight into this sport." She did fine with the Rostelecom coverage (and without Terry Gannon to feed her her lines).

I remember when Peggy Fleming began her commentating career she seemed afraid of Dick Button and somewhat timid about speaking up too boldly. She grew into the role quickly and soon provided a good foil to Dick Button's grumpy uncle act. :yes:

We disagree, although I stand by my statements about Tara interesting and true remarks about the Russian GP.
Last time Kaori was on the ice, Tara said a few positive things before the start of her program and then ripped her a new one during the skate. I was so shocked I went back and played it three times and sent a transcript to a friend on FB....but of course good ole FB wont give me access to messages right now so I cant repeat it. Something about various parts of her body being disjointed.
Maybe I dont agree with the way ole Dick said things sometimes, but he was right on two things. A fall is a fall. No points. Two, he roasted the ISU due to their history of cheating.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTBH3kSZUfM

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I would love to hear that.

He is a man who stands ten feet tall..It was an honor to hear him speak.......what he and Brian Boitano, Todd Eldridge, Kurt Browning, Scott Hamilton, Kristy Yamaguchi, Katrina Witt, John Nicks et al tried to do to get rid of corruption and arrogance in the Sport alone makes him beyond a legend....

Blast from the past....

"Dick Button announced the formation of the World Skating Federation to the general public during his coverage of the 2003 World Figure Skating Championships. The WSF has been formed as a new international skating organization with the purpose of becoming the new IOC-recognized international governing body for the sport of figure skating. The WSF is an athlete-centered organization. It has zero tolerance for misconduct; has accountability in judging; and is respectful of its members and dissenting opinions.
The new World Skating Federation has a comprehensive website which includes the federation's mission, organization, constitution, news releases, frequently asked questions, support and contribution pages and an online store. The list of the federation's Planning Committee is truly impressive including world reknowned coaches, former ISU officials, journalists, judges, referees and skaters such as Ron Pfenning, Sonia Bianchetti Garbato, Kathy Casey, Ted Clarke, Judit Furst-Tombor, Jane Garden, Jon Jackson, Lorrie Kim, Britta Lindgren, Sandra Loosemore, Donald McKnight, John Nicks, J. Misha Petkevich, Barbara and Howard Silby, Sally-Anne Stapleford and Paul Wylie. Supporting athletes include Brian Boitano, Kurt Browning, Dick Button, Frances Dafoe, Drobiazko and Vanagas, Todd Eldredge, Scott Hamilton, Salé and Pelletier, Katarina Witt and Kristi Yamaguchi.
We support the goals of the World Skating Federation and encourage visitors to our site to learn more about this new federation. With enough support from the skating community, the new World Skating Federation could become the new international governing body for the sport of figure skating."
exerpt from
https://www.icesk8.com/olympics.htm