ISU Skating Awards | Page 5 | Golden Skate

ISU Skating Awards

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
I'd rather see awards like we have here. Best Lutz, Loop, Layback, Spiral, Twizzle, Step Sequence... It might actually make casual fans try to understand what element is what.

this. thank you!

composer

On the Ice
Adding to the pile on lol. I’d like to see the dress designers given credit for best costume, and choreographers for most entertaining program please.

Makemi

Rinkside
Adding to the pile on lol. I’d like to see the dress designers given credit for best costume, and choreographers for most entertaining program please.

I thought about this too. It seems like such a missed opportunity to not honor the designer for "best costume." It would have given much needed recognition to others in the industry who I feel don't get enough credit for what they do.

Plus some skaters change their costumes throughout the season (Rika has already done it). So I don't know how that is supposed to factor in....

ruga

Final Flight
I have seen that costume and the news of its nomination on a few mainstream social media sites. Many people are interpreting this as half nazi-half prisoner costume so it seems even worse than just insensitive use of symbols.

Also, I'm afraid that now figure skating will be considered more as a dress contest than serious sport. I wish ISU could abolish this nomination all together. It doesn't say anything about skaters' abilities. If at least the designer and/or tailor were mentioned, that'd make more sense. Not to mention that non-medal contenders probably don't have a chance win this award (I gave my vote to Eunsoo, but I'm 95% sure she will not get near to winning).

DenissVFan

Medalist
I wonder if ISU gave Shulepov any feedback concerning his costume. He's worn it more than once, so I guess not.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Haha, exactly as expected. Controversy = ratings.

I'm hoping it's some inside job to sabotage this BS "award" show, because the whole concept is utterly stupid to begin with.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Haha, exactly as expected. Controversy = ratings.

I'm hoping it's some inside job to sabotage this BS "award" show, because the whole concept is utterly stupid to begin with.

Stupidity before conspiracy, always.

evasorange

Final Flight
Shulepov should have gotten a costume violation the very second he first stepped onto the ice in that monstrosity, awards show or not. I cannot believe there are apparently so many ignorant and uneducated people in isu to not only allow him to compete in it, but then to nominate it as well! They all deserve to be roasted for it, not celebrate it

icybear

Medalist
Can ISU just cancel the whole thing altogether? The website doesnt work, you can only vote on selected skaters, the whole thing will just fuel social media fanwars and harassment on skaters.

ruga

Final Flight
We already have controversies now and I don't want to imagine what will happen during actual awards. I was sceptical before and I am even more now as any outcome will leave more people unhappy than satisfied. Just stick to good old Gala and maybe leave the life achievement award, it could be a nice end to the season.