GS Christmas Card List | Golden Skate

GS Christmas Card List

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hi all!

The Christmas Card list is now up and running! If you would like to send and receive cards this year, please go here!

Cheers!

Last edited:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Just signed up! I have really been looking forward to participating this year, as I regretted not joining in on the fun last time. I can't wait to start sending cards out :yahoo:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For those who remember our dear Canadian friend Rosaleen Kaye, I'll be adding her address. She did a ton of reporting for us, but unfortunately suffered a stroke many years ago.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks so much for doing this! Last year was a blast, more than ever expected, and I have boxes of cards ready to go. Had one issue last year. I had several cards come back (in March) undeliverable from Europe (I’m in the US). Any suggestions to keep this from happening?

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Had one issue last year. I had several cards come back (in March) undeliverable from Europe (I’m in the US). Any suggestions to keep this from happening?

Maybe the address was not written in the right way? E.g. cards to Finland should be written:

Name & last name
Street and number
FIN-00000 (= what ever those 5 postal code digits may be) and place name
Finland

I hope this helps with European addresses?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maybe the address was not written in the right way? E.g. cards to Finland should be written:

Name & last name
Street and number
Finland

It does! Thank you! Is it the same for all countries?

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland

Yes, it is same with other European countries. You just have to put their own country & postal code in the same way (= in front of the city).

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I've just mailed out my first dozen cards, getting the others ready tomorrow. For anyone else in the US, forgive my faux pas of sending Christmas cards out before Thanksgiving! :p

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Name & last name
Street and number
Finland

Yes, it is same with other European countries. You just have to put their own country & postal code in the same way (= in front of the city).

I don't know about other countries, but the British Isles use a different format to what our Finnish friends have described above. Here is what we use (same format in both the UK and Ireland):

First Name & Surname (or Title & Initial & Surname, whichever you prefer)
Number & Street Name
Town
County (not necessary, but nice to include)
Postcode
Country​

In the UK, the postcode is necessary, as that is what the sorting machines detect. In Ireland, postcodes were only introduced recently, so they are not really used much yet.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I've just mailed out my first dozen cards, getting the others ready tomorrow. For anyone else in the US, forgive my faux pas of sending Christmas cards out before Thanksgiving! :p

Received your card yesterday!! Thank you!! I ordered my Christmas cards yesterday so will be mailing early December.. expect one soon..:biggrin:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Wow, you're fast satine! Got yours today. One year I sent my Christmas cards out around Valentine's Day. Hopefully I won't be quite that bad this year! :dumb: Thx in advance to everyone.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Wow USPS service has gotten a lot better if people are receiving cards overnight.

I wouldn't count on that being it lol. I left them at the post office box instead of just sending them out from my own mailbox, so that saved them some work :laugh:

FlyingFeather

On the Ice
Wow, you're fast satine! Got yours today. One year I sent my Christmas cards out around Valentine's Day. Hopefully I won't be quite that bad this year! :dumb: Thx in advance to everyone.

This makes me feel better. I just signed up and am not sure how quickly I can get the cards out. Hopefully before the end of the year!

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

i'd really like to join in with the fun of sending out cards this year, and just have a couple of (hopefully not silly) questions:
Do we send cards to everyone on the list? If so, I'm a bit worried about the amount that international postage might cost, especially as I'm not sure how many people will have signed up. Does anyone have an estimate of how many people took part last year, so I can work out how much it might roughly cost?

Many thanks!

ETA: I found last year's thread and it basically answered my questions. I'm going to go for it and sign up. Hopefully, I can manage to get a card to everyone!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I got a card already as well, but I've never gotten the list.

statmam

On the Ice
Thanks for the information about how to format European mailing addresses. Sent the overseas cards this weekend. Hopefully they will all make it! Working on the North American cards this week...

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My link when I signed up went straight to my spam folder, for whatever reason. I use gmail.

I searched my whole mail for Golden Skate. Do you know the email? I use gmail also.