Gladrags... or the Fashion Report 2019 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Gladrags... or the Fashion Report 2019

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
So many stunning ones already mentioned
Adding Alena K's SP dress... love it.. :luv17: you KNOW she is an angel... even the longer skirt is wonderful, the way it spins and floats around her when she jumps..
And... her LP dress is exquisite.... that beading against the chiffon is unreal... bet it is relatively light weight despite all the decoration and the colors are beautiful..

Ducky

On the Ice
I'm just going to say that that V neck on Cizeron's short program costume is a gift.

Clairecz

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
I've been watching mainly ice dance this season so I've decided to creatively extend OP's rules... and create these disciplines:

RD - ladies only
1. Allison Reed - finnstep and this red dress with white dots is a perfect match. It's a dress I'd automatically connect with this dance.
2. Sofia Evdokimova - the best representation of the cabaret-like atmosphere
3. Madison Hubbell - thorough impersonation to a t

RD - both partners
1. Laurence Fournier Beaudry & Nikolaj Sorensen - they ARE Bonnie and Clyde
2. Victoria Sinitsina & Nikita Katsalapov - THE grey jacket :love: and her dress seems to be so light and flowing and singing in the rain, yes I'm in love with everything about the program
3. Alexandra Stepanova & Ivan Bukin - they look like skating royalty (though it may be even a bit more complicated costume than suitable for ice dance given their costume/hair props malfunctions at both GPs)
And I simply have to mention Wang/Liu's Chaplin costumes and also Guignard/Fabbri's new costume for Grease RD because Marco Fabbri in jeans!!! :luv17::love:

I also did a little statistics that there were 34 ice dance pairs in GP this season, 10 ladies chose pants for RD (L. Fear, N. Kaliszek, G. Papadakis, O. Smart, S. Wang, A. Galyavieva, B. Popova, A. Shpilevaya + C. Green at her first GP (then she changed the costume) and C. Guignard at her second GP after they changed the RD :drama:

FD - ladies only
1. Misato Komatsubara - I love the pink details on the green dress
2. Cristina Carreira - simple, black and fierce
3. Madison Chock - really creative

FD - both partners
I have to admit that here (as opossed to RD) I don't have that many candidates
1. Natalia Kaliszek & Maksim Spodyriev - very faithful to the iconic film
2. Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier - I don't think there are many pairs that use the exact same colour for both (when it's not black) and here it really highlights that they can be one body, one soul skating
3. Wang & Liu - good symmetry

I also like Jason's FP dress and Zhenya's FP dress.
A few months ago I was declaring with absolute certainty that I hate catsuits .... and well, I still mostly dislike them, but I absolutely love Zhenya's SP dress. Her explanations about it, the story behind it, her make-up :love:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
i was missing this trhead! me! of all people! :laugh: i'm taking notes folks so here my list in no particular order

ladies

Yelim Kim sp
Lara Naki Gutman sp
Seoyeong WI
Anna Shcherbakova fs
Starr Andrews fs
Kaori SAKAMOTO sp; fs
Eunsoo Lim sp
Alina Zagitova fs
Yujin CHOI sp (CoC)
Marin HONDA (CoC)
Rika Kihira (NHK)

men

Harrison Bain sp
Yuzuru Hanyu fs
Shoma Uno sp (finlandia)
Boyang JIN fs (C0C)
Kazuki Tomono fs (Rostelecom)

Pairs

Aleksandra BOIKOVA / Dmitrii KOZLOVSKII fs (SA)
Feiyao TANG / Yongchao YANG (CoC)
Tae Ok RYOM / Ju Sik KIM sp and fs (C0C)
Cheng PENG / Yang JIN fs (CoC)

Dance

Madison Chock FD
Stepanova/Bukin rd (their costumes are magnificent but, you know, they could wear whatever they want :laugh:)
Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI fd

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
I know that she used this dress last year, but Daria Usacheva’s short program dress is perfection. It is so beautiful, by far my favorite dress this season :love:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Pairs Peng & Jin SP - Alegria & FP - Cloud Atlas costumes.. just lovely....:luv17:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
My own turn :laugh:

Ladies
1. Like everyone, I immediately think of the Korean ladies, pretty much all of the Korean ladies... but okay, if I have to choose, Eunsoo wins with her Sabrina. Not as spectacular or obviously showy as many of the skaters, but she's channelling Hepburn, people, Hepburn. And doing it right.
2. Satoko Miyahara's bodysuit with THAT fabulous jewelled collar.
3. Young Yu's gala piece, cute little Japanese schoolgirl with everything that brings from media and anime, great stuff.

Men
1. He's still a junior but no one and I mean absolutely no one dressed as cooooool as Darian Kaptich in his retro FS red and gold glory.
2. I admit, I love Yuzuru's last year Origin FS outfit just a little more, but again he proves no one else can do the unearthly ice prince look like he can.
3. Nam's free - sleek, sharp, dark red and black, a great take on 60s mods which suits him so well.

Pairs
1. Peng/Jin's lovely lovely lovely blue Cloud Atlas glory.
2. Sui/Han, all of her dresses make my list (including the blue gala one), not only because they are darkly beautiful but because she wears them so well, and he is always subtly but wonderfully complementary.
3. Boikova/Kozlovskii doing Bond, and doing it justice. I always like it when the man's costume gets equal attention from the designer.

Ice Dance
1. Fear/Gibson's Vogue: her dress is Madonna to a tee, and his matching gold bling on the back rocks.
2. Not keen on the free dance itself, but Chock/Bates - in particular Chock in that Old School Hollywood stunner - looks faaaaabulous. And they definitely made the effort for snake echoes on his, even if no one is going to look past her at it...
3. If you are going to wear basically black (and so very many of them are) then for god's sake do it while being French. Papadakis/Cizeron are there to show us all how.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
My own turn :laugh:

Ladies
1. Like everyone, I immediately think of the Korean ladies, pretty much all of the Korean ladies... but okay, if I have to choose, Eunsoo wins with her Sabrina. Not as spectacular or obviously showy as many of the skaters, but she's channelling Hepburn, people, Hepburn. And doing it right.
2. Satoko Miyahara's bodysuit with THAT fabulous jewelled collar.
3. Young Yu's gala piece, cute little Japanese schoolgirl with everything that brings from media and anime, great stuff.

Men
1. He's still a junior but no one and I mean absolutely no one dressed as cooooool as Darian Kaptich in his retro FS red and gold glory.
2. I admit, I love Yuzuru's last year Origin FS outfit just a little more, but again he proves no one else can do the unearthly ice prince look like he can.
3. Nam's free - sleek, sharp, dark red and black, a great take on 60s mods which suits him so well.

Pairs
1. Peng/Jin's lovely lovely lovely blue Cloud Atlas glory.
2. Sui/Han, all of her dresses make my list (including the blue gala one), not only because they are darkly beautiful but because she wears them so well, and he is always subtly but wonderfully complementary.
3. Boikova/Kozlovskii doing Bond, and doing it justice. I always like it when the man's costume gets equal attention from the designer.

Ice Dance
1. Fear/Gibson's Vogue: her dress is Madonna to a tee, and his matching gold bling on the back rocks.
2. Not keen on the free dance itself, but Chock/Bates - in particular Chock in that Old School Hollywood stunner - looks faaaaabulous. And they definitely made the effort for snake echoes on his, even if no one is going to look past her at it...
3. If you are going to wear basically black (and so very many of them are) then for god's sake do it while being French. Papadakis/Cizeron are there to show us all how.

Thank you but I prefer to do the basically black while being very Nu Yawk. It is, after all, practically our official city uniform.

;)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you, @TallyT, for reminding me about Darien Kaptich.:clap: Both his costumes were delightful: colorful, appropriate, and eye-catching. Not to mention topped off by his amazing Afro. :biggrin:

And I would like to put in yet another vote for the dazzling Egyptian snake woman, Madison Chock. That costume is absolutely stunning, her hairstyle is on point, and of course Madison herself has the charisma to pull the whole look together. I agree that although Evan’s costume has interesting highlights, he could be wearing a gunnysack: no one is looking at poor Evan. :laugh:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Thank you, @TallyT, for reminding me about Darien Kaptich.:clap: Both his costumes were delightful: colorful, appropriate, and eye-catching. Not to mention topped off by his amazing Afro. :biggrin:

And I would like to put in yet another vote for the dazzling Egyptian snake woman, Madison Chock. That costume is absolutely stunning, her hairstyle is on point, and of course Madison herself has the charisma to pull the whole look together. I agree that although Evan’s costume has interesting highlights, he could be wearing a gunnysack: no one is looking at poor Evan. :laugh:

I am, but admittedly not because of the costume (at all) but because he seems to be enjoying himself so much!