2019 Senior Grand Prix Final: Senior GP Predictions Game Round 7 | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2019 Senior Grand Prix Final: Senior GP Predictions Game Round 7

CherylDee

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I feel like Chock/Bates ruined everyone's ice dance predictions :laugh:
But it was glorious and so, so worth it

No just the opposite, Sinitsina/Katsalapov ruined everyone's prediction, and I feel Chock & Bates were correctly adjudged. I don't know what happened, but it seemed the judges in this entire event decided to scrap all politics and judged the events fair and square as presented on ice. This is how it should always be, and if so, then maybe FS will once again be seen as a legit sport.

heartyxo

On the Ice
No just the opposite, Sinitsina/Katsalapov ruined everyone's prediction, and I feel Chock & Bates were correctly adjudged. I don't know what happened, but it seemed the judges in this entire event decided to scrape all politics and judged the events fair and square as presented on ice. This is how it should always be, and if so, then maybe FS will once again be seen as a legit sport.

True, they rose to the occasion and truly earned it.
But a lot of people predicted them to get last and didn't think they'd pull it off. I'm so happy they did

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Results in ladies.

SILVER MEDAL
70 points

Weathergal
Nathan13
silver.blades
sc8
ssffww
TwinnerA
lady_bee
Marius
Moxiejan
litenkyckling
Poice
Mohacz
LynsJ

GOLD MEDAL
80 points

katymay
BRONZE MEDAL
60 points

ruga
satine
Spirals for Miles
Osmond4gold
lariko
Jeanie19
bunnybarista
Step Sequence4
CanadianSkaterGuy
cabres
Colonel Green
StephenGfan
moonstruck
Winry
thedeclan
Artemisa
apgold
ec00834
Carolowa
jiawen2016
sweetice
Dreamer57
BabySloth
SubRosa
invisiblespiral
Jontor
RoyThree
IcyMathStats
Koatterce
text_skate
randomfan
dunnoww
DenissVFan
Fetinia
Chris Cooper
GoneWithTheWind
jg212
lutz
Wilhelmina
skylark
IndiaP12
NoNameFace
Kirei
sasharoxmyworld
Hyena
AshWagsFan
Sherlock Marple
StitchMonkey
Anni234
Jrhamstercat89
Ziotic
thatbeatingheart
surimi
marulia
Phireye
Cherryy
Alex65
LadyB
ladykk

Congratulations to the winners! :thumbsup::clap::hap10::cheer:

LadyB

Record Breaker
A bronze in Ladies!!!!! :hap10:

edit: And Silver in Pairs! :peace:

It's the first time this season that I've got two medals.

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Results in PAIRS
Most predictions had Sui/Han in first; the biggest error was having Peng/Jin at 5th or lower (0 points).
Our gold medalist, thedeclan, was correct on places 1, 2, 5 & 6 and had places 3 & 4 switched.
Congratulations to all the medalists!

ETA: All scores have now been entered into the spreadsheet. Please check your score & PM me if I have made an error:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...APK5fd8WBZtypo/edit?ts=5daaa2a4#gid=172125456

SILVER MEDAL
70 points

bunnybarista
Ladybug89
StephenGfan
jiawen2016
KlausA
sweetice
invisiblespiral
readernick
icedance
TheBallerina
Fetinia
lady_bee
itofan
Jrhamstercat89
surimi
Mohacz
LadyB

GOLD MEDAL
80 points

thedeclan
BRONZE MEDAL
60 points

ruga
Moxiejan
CherylDee
satine
Spirals for Miles
Lamente Ariane
elecktra blue
Jeanie19
sweetener
vesperavioletta
waltzjump2
Step Sequence4
Alexcdj
Canadian Skaterboy
GINO
Maju
sunnystars
Lunalovesskating
Nathan13
Winry
macy
alyssamarie
apgold
ec00834
gizmo
Carolowa
silver.blades
jenaj
MintGreen
Yuzuruu
Dreamer57
BabySloth
Rashela
ssffww
Koatterce
LanaD
dunnoww
DenissVFan
lutz
Hyena
kathali
anna gabriela
litenkyckling
cohen-esque
Cherryy
NYscorp6
CaroLiza_fan

LadyB

Record Breaker
Ice Dance Results

The crucial thing here was that most people had predicted SinKats and C/B in reverse positions and many put P&P in third place.

Round of applause to skylark, who is our GPF dance champion! :bow:

Gold with 70 points: skylark :hap36:

Silver with 60 points: Antyv, bunnybarista, flanker, kathali, Lamente Ariane, marulia,
Moxiejan, Nathan13, sunnystars, surimi, voolfee. :cheer:

Bronze with 55 points: Alexcdj, Anni234, bakedpotato, cake, Hyena, jenaj, KlausA, lady_bee,
LanaD, Marius, NoNameFace, npavel, Pululafan, sc8, thatbeatingheart, Ziotic. :rock:

Edit: Cake, sorry, I’ve put you on the wrong podium. It’s a bronze. It was counted and entered into the spreadsheet correctly.
Congrats to all medalists!!! :clapper:

If you find anything wrong, please PM me and I will change it asap.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
a bronze in pairs! i wasn't expecting that! :cheer: thank you to all the scorers and to CLF (i'm looking forward to the nationals prediction!)

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ice Dance Results

The crucial thing here was that most people had predicted SinKats and C/B in reverse positions and many put P&P in third place.

Round of applause to skylark, who is our GPF dance champion! :bow:

Gold with 70 points: skylark :hap36:

thank you. :) that was fun, especially because I correctly predicted Chock and Bates in second! :love: One time when my wishes, a hunch, and a surprise prevailed over the more or less conventional wisdom.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
No just the opposite, Sinitsina/Katsalapov ruined everyone's prediction, and I feel Chock & Bates were correctly adjudged. I don't know what happened, but it seemed the judges in this entire event decided to scrap all politics and judged the events fair and square as presented on ice. This is how it should always be, and if so, then maybe FS will once again be seen as a legit sport.
that was the definition of politics. just like other judging in ice dance in every comp :laugh: typical fight between Zhulin/RusFed judges lobby vs Lauzon & co tech lobby. But Im happy someone can sees it as super fair:laugh:

Which doesnt cancel my happiness for CB.:cheer: Its at least a team from Montreal that I actually like:laugh:

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
thank you. :) that was fun, especially because I correctly predicted Chock and Bates in second! :love: One time when my wishes, a hunch, and a surprise prevailed over the more or less conventional wisdom.

I also had C/B in second! And got silver because of it!

heartyxo

On the Ice
that was the definition of politics. just like other judging in ice dance in every comp :laugh: typical fight between Zhulin/RusFed judges lobby vs Lauzon & co tech lobby. But Im happy someone can sees it as super fair:laugh:

Which doesnt cancel my happiness for CB.:cheer: Its at least a team from Montreal that I actually like:laugh:

Arguably, C/B qualified 6th and weren’t meant to podium at all, but they did great and 100% earned it. I would have believed there was a lot more politics involved if H/D got it as US #1 and Montreal #2, when they were definitely not as good. I don’t think C/B would have got a medal if it wasn’t for the improved Finnstep, they would have been hammered scores-wise if they got another level 1.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Men’s results?

Unfortunately, the member that volunteered to score the Men has not been responding to my messages. So, to get everything wrapped up, I have stepped in to score the Men myself.

Here are the results for the Men’s competition at the Senior Grand Prix Final.

Due to the Grand Prix Final only having 6 entries, we were predicting on all 6 positions. And, consequently, the perfect score for the Grand Prix Final is 90 points rather than the usual 75. And in Senior Men, two players achieved that perfect score!

So, massive congratulations to StitchMonkey and Wilhelmina for their achievement! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Unlike in some other rounds, there weren’t any specific reason for everybody else scoring lower.

So, having already let the cat out of the bag as to the winners, here are the rest of the podium finishers.

GOLD with 90 points: StitchMonkey, Wilhelmina.

SILVER with 80 points: GINO, Heroine Father, itofan, Phireye, [email protected], Skater Boy.

BRONZE with 70 points: anna gabriela, CherylDee, Colonel Green, ec00834, gizmo, katymay, Lunalovesskating, lutz, Moxiejan, Nirti, randomfan, Sherlock Marple, ssffww, TwinnerA, voolfee.

Congratulations!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

I’ll put the scores into the scoresheet shortly. And all being well I’ll get everything else made out and posted before skating gets underway tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay

CaroLiza_fan

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Omg, i got FOUR medals in the 4 GP events! After getting 0 for most of the others! Thank you so much for stepping in & getting this all done for us.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Omg, i got FOUR medals in the 4 GP events! After getting 0 for most of the others! Thank you so much for stepping in & getting this all done for us.

Better than that, you are the overall winner of the Senior GP Final! :bow: :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

I can't announce the overall Predictions Game results just yet, though, because I have to do a few checks first.

And it turns out that the scorer I was talking about has been having major technology problems. So, I apologise profusely to her for doubting her.

CaroLiza_fan

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Better than that, you are the overall winner of the Senior GP Final! :bow: :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

I can't announce the overall Predictions Game results just yet, though, because I have to do a few checks first.

And it turns out that the scorer I was talking about has been having major technology problems. So, I apologise profusely to her for doubting her.

CaroLiza_fan

Thank you so much for all your hard work in scoring this! :)

I'm wondering how the scores/standings compare to previous seasons... to indicate things like what years have more surprises -- I feel like this season had many and the scores might be lower!