WADA Compliance Review Committee / RUSADA

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Figures: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corruption_in_Russia
https://www.ganintegrity.com/portal/country-profiles/russia/
https://tradingeconomics.com/russia/corruption-index
https://www.npr.org/2019/01/29/6896...n-corruption-saying-its-unavoidable-sometimes
https://www.coe.int/en/web/corruption/anti-corruption-digest/russian-federation
https://www.fpri.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/buckley.pdf
http://src-home.slav.hokudai.ac.jp/sympo/03september/pdf/M_Suhara.pdf

... from the first page of a Google search on the subject ...

Is there any unbiased independent native Russian study on this subject?

Talk all you want, two wrongs don't make a right. Deep rooted corruption runs through all layers of society, has infested all professions, and that might include yours ...
It also makes demanding changes in culture so much more difficult, since you will cut your own flesh ...

Well, Russia is far from an ideal country; it would be ridiculous to say the opposite. But this is my country, and my children and my grandchildren will live here and do their best to make their lives better.
I know that you read a lot of Russian sports sites. And you cannot help but see that this topic is being covered in a very critical light. So why are you posting this:
And it sort of sustains the common public impression that cheating in sports is allowed "since everybody does it"? Which is the main theme of this thread after all. State organised doping programs are a corruption of sports.
After all, this is absolutely not consistent with what is actually.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Well, Russia is far from an ideal country; it would be ridiculous to say the opposite. But this is my country, and my children and my grandchildren will live here and do their best to make their lives better.
I know that you read a lot of Russian sports sites. And you cannot help but see that this topic is being covered in a very critical light. So why are you posting this:

After all, this is absolutely not consistent with what is actually.

It seems some sports sites are less in line with the (in)official government directives than others. When this whole affair escalates and deteriorates further, some of those critical sites might find their licenses revoked, their offices stormed by FSB and their owners being arrested or worse. Of course there is always the Russian diaspora that lives in freedom to rely on for relaying information from within the sanitary cordon. Internet is nothing but bits and bytes shaped into words and opinions, and these bytes will always find a way out.

For now, I think TASS does a reasonable job on keeping me informed on how 'Russia' deals with this crisis. Various blog sites do too, and it's best to avoid the others, including most of the yellow pages press.

gmyers

Record Breaker
One of the reasons why the Russian federation seems to be on permaban with the IAAF is that there is evidence they allowed a banned coach and his athletes to compete at a high level domestic meeting (which might have been part of the selection process for international teams) while those athletes were serving an international doping suspension. There's a little info here:

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.co...ion-faces-iaaf-2015jan15-story.html?_amp=true

I wish that Evan Dunfee's old blog where he first raised questions about the event was still up because the comments on 'shoegate'- the meeting organizers later tried to claim that the pictures of the athletes under doping bans were from 2012 and just mislabeled on the web site- were an interesting lesson on how Nike, adidas, etc. may or may not release apparel to sponsored athletes before it's for sale to the general public, the timeline for that, and how even if Ivan or Irina had gotten an early version of those shoes or a singlet in that fabric, there was still now way anyone would have had those shoes on a race in 2012 unless actual time travel was involved.

There was a training camp in Kyrgyzstan all the athletes were sent to and a banned coach travelled there himself to be with the team!

thedude

On the Ice
Rodchenkov's entire story has huge logical flaws.
Sorry the argument in this whole post makes no sense.
The first paragraph is essentially trying to create doubt about Rodchenkov's character with very little evidence. NDAs aren't there to prevent talking about illegal activities. If you're part of a criminal conspiracy, you can't tell the authorities, "Sorry, I would love tell you about all the illegal things I did but I signed a NDA with my Mafia boss". That's absurd.

The 2nd paragraph of your post. Are you actually trying to convince people that because he's alive therefore he's lying about the FSB because he would be dead otherwise. By that logic, the only way for him to prove that he is telling the truth is to go back to Russia and die but if he lives, he's lying? Not very many people in this world would take their chances of living and freedom with the Russian legal system.

Your last argument is that 2 dead people who had information related to one of the largest scandals in the world could have died from stress or any number of reasons? Ok, it's true we don't have any evidence of wrong doing. But friends and family members of Nikita Kamaev reported that he no known health issues, and that he was going to write a tell all book about the Russian doping program. Again all that is just suspicious circumstances, not evidence.
How is there supposed to be evidence when it's alleged that Russian secret police are the ones that killed them?! You can't have evidence if the one's responsible gathering the evidence are the ones suspected of the crime. Their deaths and the cause of their deaths isn't the reason why Russia has been banned but it should matter to Russian citizens that their cause of death be fully cleared of any wrongdoing.

Your whole argument is that Rodchenkov is a liar. He might be, but the investigation wasn't based only on his word. It was the investigators who took the evidence he provided and corroborated the evidence he provided. From the re-testing of samples at Sochi, the evidence of tampering with the BEREG-KIT bottles, the database, the other whistle blower Yulia and Vitaly Stepanova, the holes at the Sochi Lab to bypass security cameras, and many other things are the reasons why Russia was banned. The reason Russia is banned again because after being reinstated it still is accused of manipulating the database when part of the agreement to be reinstated was that the database that Rodchenkov provided be compared to the database in Moscow labs.

So while Rodchenkov was big part of the investigation, he wasn't sole reason for the Russian ban.

KOBOT37

Match Penalty
Sorry the argument in this whole post makes no sense.
The first paragraph is essentially trying to create doubt about Rodchenkov's character with very little evidence. NDAs aren't there to prevent talking about illegal activities. If you're part of a criminal conspiracy, you can't tell the authorities, "Sorry, I would love tell you about all the illegal things I did but I signed a NDA with my Mafia boss". That's absurd.

The 2nd paragraph of your post. Are you actually trying to convince people that because he's alive therefore he's lying about the FSB because he would be dead otherwise. By that logic, the only way for him to prove that he is telling the truth is to go back to Russia and die but if he lives, he's lying? Not very many people in this world would take their chances of living and freedom with the Russian legal system.

Your last argument is that 2 dead people who had information related to one of the largest scandals in the world could have died from stress or any number of reasons? Ok, it's true we don't have any evidence of wrong doing. But friends and family members of Nikita Kamaev reported that he no known health issues, and that he was going to write a tell all book about the Russian doping program. Again all that is just suspicious circumstances, not evidence.
How is there supposed to be evidence when it's alleged that Russian secret police are the ones that killed them?! You can't have evidence if the one's responsible gathering the evidence are the ones suspected of the crime. Their deaths and the cause of their deaths isn't the reason why Russia has been banned but it should matter to Russian citizens that their cause of death be fully cleared of any wrongdoing.

Your whole argument is that Rodchenkov is a liar. He might be, but the investigation wasn't based only on his word. It was the investigators who took the evidence he provided and corroborated the evidence he provided. From the re-testing of samples at Sochi, the evidence of tampering with the BEREG-KIT bottles, the database, the other whistle blower Yulia and Vitaly Stepanova, the holes at the Sochi Lab to bypass security cameras, and many other things are the reasons why Russia was banned. The reason Russia is banned again because after being reinstated it still is accused of manipulating the database when part of the agreement to be reinstated was that the database that Rodchenkov provided be compared to the database in Moscow labs.

So while Rodchenkov was big part of the investigation, he wasn't sole reason for the Russian ban.

Ironically, your argument about Mafia Boss is quite to the point,just like no Mafia member needs to be warned what happens if he discloses covert activity of his group, similarly, Rodchenkov knew damn well what would have happened in case he said a single word about FSB being involved in Sochi. So yeah, somebody sending him death threats makes no sense in case he wasn't up to something (p.s good luck in disclosing illegal activities of intelligence agencies and see how it goes)

I am trying to convince people that, in case FSB is watching you and you have an important information which they don't want to leave the country, do not buy tickets and try to leave the country from Sheremetyevo or Domodedovo, because chances are almost 100% if you do that, you will end up having an accident. His 'getting away from evil FSB' story would be believable if he hiked his way through forests at the Finnish Border or paid money to smugglers and ended up in Lithuania through Belarus, but yeah,sorry but I don't believe his "FSB totally wanted to kill me but I bought a ticket, get past passport control, boarded a plane and left Russia", if he said that it was some corrupt high ranking sports officials trying to silence him that would be believable (and probably, that is exactly what happened, most likely several mid to high ranking sports officials(most likely Mutko himself too) got overly enthusiastic and got Russia few(although I seriously doubt 'state sponsored doping program' was even half as big as it is seen in the west) medals) but if he wants me to believe that he was on Putin's personal 'kill list',had important information and left the country like he was an American tourist returning from Christmas holiday in Moscow, yeah, sorry but no.

p.s everybody in Russia (even the most devout Putin supporters) understands that Russia has serious corruption problem, you will have very hard time finding a single movie or tv series made in Russia (this includes federal channels) where most of high ranking officials aren't shown as corrupt people,little interested in doing good to their people.

----------

meanwhile WADA athletes committee refused to appeal in CAS for stronger Ban while Russia will send national olympic committee to appeal WADAs decision (this makes sense, technically its Russian Olympic committee whose right to display flag is being violated by that decision)

Nord Stream 2

Match Penalty
it seems some sports sites are less in line with the (in)official government directives than others. When this whole affair escalates and deteriorates further, some of those critical sites might find their licenses revoked, their offices stormed by fsb and their owners being arrested or worse. of course there is always the russian diaspora that lives in freedom to rely on for relaying information from within the sanitary cordon. internet is nothing but bits and bytes shaped into words and opinions, and these bytes will always find a way out.

For now, i think tass does a reasonable job on keeping me informed on how 'russia' deals with this crisis. Various blog sites do too, and it's best to avoid the others, including most of the yellow pages press.

ok

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
To be fair Stalin was Georgian.

We’re straying very close to rule breaking here. Lets today be a break from politics :(

thedude

On the Ice
i wish no country would be treated like here: go to 4:48 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HY2Ft3b7HA

and the joy of the crowd around in live TV.

This is has nothing to do with WADA/RUSADA topic, but I'll entertain it anyway. LanaD has 4 posts (it says 17 , but only 4 show up on the profile history) 3 are cut and paste schedule with no writing. I actually respect the troll job on this one.
So for those of you actually clicked "Thumbs up", this is pretty embarrassing. You think Americans go to figure skating events to show to jeer Russians figure skaters ... and of all the disciplines ice dancing? Skate America was 2 months ago. American figure skating fans aren't European football fans. If that's a hostile crowd, I'm going to have to look at the performances Anna, Liza, Aliev, and the other Russian skaters because I'm pretty sure it looked and sounded like applause.

A bunch of giggling girls holding a sign with shiny, glittering letters that says, "Step On Me" next to a Russian flag, with a skater's who's last name is "Stepanova", in a sport with a "step sequence", in front of an audience of mostly young girls and middle aged women is proof of American Russo phobia? I also see a sign with the Danish flag next to the girl holding the "Step on me" sign. She must be really upset with the Danish as there wasn't even a Danish skater there.

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Wait, people know what "step on me" means, right? Because it's definitely not an "anti" message at all, lol. Quite the opposite...

LanaD

Rinkside
thank you for counting my post! I also was wondering why they are disappearing. Thought that I messed up something trying to edit. Have not participated in forums previously, and this is my first steps..
Regarding steps - maybe it is right, and i do not understand the meaning of words "Step on me" on the flag. Just have some feeling that it is not appropriate to step on any flag. Would appreciate if you could explain. It would be such relieve, if i was indeed wrong. Thanks.
So far, i cannot say i like my experience of participating in the forum. Too much negativity. Hopefully someday day people will be more kind to each other.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
thank you for counting my post! I also was wondering why they are disappearing. Thought that I messed up something trying to edit. Have not participated in forums previously, and this is my first steps..
Regarding steps - maybe it is right, and i do not understand the meaning of words "Step on me" on the flag. Just have some feeling that it is not appropriate to step on any flag. Would appreciate if you could explain. It would be such relieve, if i was indeed wrong. Thanks.
So far, i cannot say i like my experience of participating in the forum. Too much negativity. Hopefully someday day people will be more kind to each other.

It’s definitely positive. It’s a bit... sexy? I’d be willing to bet the Step is for Stepanova.

I’m guessing they mean it to put across that they think she’s powerful and cool and not literally in the 50 Shades way (I can’t believe I said that...)

LanaD

Rinkside
This is has nothing to do with WADA/RUSADA topic, but I'll entertain it anyway. LanaD has 4 posts (it says 17 , but only 4 show up on the profile history) 3 are cut and paste schedule with no writing. I actually respect the troll job on this one.

so.. i had 17 posts, why to not go the details, if you have started. Most of my posts should be predictions on competitions (occasionally i do well on this). And i think it should be 2-3 for this chat. And maybe one or two sometime before. That is it.
Sorry to ruin your exciting troll finding :)

beachmouse

On the Ice
meanwhile WADA athletes committee refused to appeal in CAS for stronger Ban while Russia will send national olympic committee to appeal WADAs decision (this makes sense, technically its Russian Olympic committee whose right to display flag is being violated by that decision)

This is the same WADA athletes committee that saw a number of athletes walk off it in 2018 amid allegations that they were trying to bully Beckie Scott to toe the line and sign off on the Russian doping lab renistatement,

https://www.bbc.com/sport/48292202

https://www.usnews.com/news/sports/...ding-russia-cases-hopes-to-finish-before-2020

According to this week's report, delivered by the law firm Covington and Burling LLP, Scott was not subjected to bullying or harassment during a contentious meeting last September, even though Francesco Ricci Bitti, an IOC member who also serves on WADA's executive committee, directed behavior toward her that could be viewed as "aggressive, harsh or disrespectful."

Some were skeptical of that conclusion.

Nord Stream 2

Match Penalty
In the press service of the Russian Ministry of Defense, they allowed the transfer of the tank biathlon championship from Russia to Europe.
The ministry emphasized that the athletes who are currently training in Syria can be quickly transferred anywhere.

In addition, our orienteering team, even under a neutral flag, is ready to take gold and silver deposits at the World Cup stage in the Central African Republic.

The Russian national team has traditionally strong positions in air darts and bombing. "The last time we won the world championship in 1945, and at the moment we are ready to confirm leadership," the Defense Ministry explained.